Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WZZM Morning Anchor James Starks Leaving Station

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Localnewsisdead

WZZM Morning Anchor James Starks Leaving Station

Post by Localnewsisdead » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:51 am

WZZM Morning Anchor,James Starks, is leaving the station. He is heading to his hometown of Toledo, OH to work at the station he watched growing up.

https://www.wzzm13.com/article/about-us ... d63237d268

Pot it up

Re: WZZM Morning Anchor James Starks Leaving Station

Post by Pot it up » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:05 pm

Starks' contract was not renewed. Great to go back home, but I'm betting it wasn't his first choice. Amazing how ZZM's morning show has melted down since the departure of Lauren and Dan and Aaron, all who stayed in the market, but left the business.

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:49 pm

There newscasts look like a public access channel. Stark set and graphics. TV 13 never recovered from being owned by Price Communications. A long way from the ownership of West Michigan Telecasters.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:22 am

I love the lower thirds that sometimes use the super skinny font that is virtually impossible to read. The Tegna graphics suite, when executed properly, is actually very good. The local folks just seem to find a way to f&ck things up.

The big video wall that is twice as tall as the anchors was also a brilliant idea. To get the entire wall into the camera shot, the anchors have to be squeezed down to munchkin size.

These are sloppy errors that anyone halfway competent should have been able to avoid.

Toledo is a far smaller TV market (by DMA population count) than Grand Rapids. Monroe County, MI and its 150,000 residents - just across the border - is considered part of the Detroit DMA. It is a less competitive market with two strong TV stations - WTVG and WTOL. Ironically, one of those stations (WTOL) is now owned by Tegna. It wouldn't surprise me if both WTVG and WTOL bill within, say, $5 million of what WZZM bills revenue wise.

The mobile version of wzzm.com often does not render properly on my smartphone; did the station ever fix that issue?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic