Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

95.3 in Grand Rapids has apparently switched to Real Oldies

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

95.3 in Grand Rapids has apparently switched to Real Oldies

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:23 pm

The translation of 88.5 WGVU-FM's primary signal on 95.3 FM (translator located near US 131 between 28th St & Burton) evidently was very short lived.

Today, while driving back home, I heard Real Oldies - with not so great audio - being relayed on 95.3 FM as opposed to WGVU-FM HD1's programming. My guess is Real Oldies was being relayed from WGVU-FM HD2.

Engineering / software snafu or was this a conscientious change? If the latter, I can only presume it is in response to Big 101.3 taking to the airwaves.

I thought WGVU-FM 88.5's News/Talk programming sounded quite good on 95.3 FM. Audio was properly processed, easy on the ears, and signal range was noticeably improved from when Bob Goodrich ran the station. RDS also worked splendidly.

Today, when I sampled the station, RDS was turned off.

ftballfan

Re: 95.3 in Grand Rapids has apparently switched to Real Oldies

Post by ftballfan » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:06 am

I heard Real Oldies on 95.3 during my most recent Grand Rapids visit in mid-November.

IMHO, Real Oldies should've been on 95.3 GR from the day the translator came under the control of GVSU (but fed from 1480 AM)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic