Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Not really a radio topic.... but it is topical.

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Reese K Rickards

Not really a radio topic.... but it is topical.

Post by Reese K Rickards » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:14 am

Does anyone else care to offer a prediction on Tuesday's election, including Michigan results? I am one of the few people who use my real name on this thread, and I will offer an opinion.
I predict a record American voting turnout. I have believed that would be the case ever since Donald Trump was elected.
In 2016 disgusted by the "pussy grabber" and dismayed by Hillarys "screeching" I joined something like 4.6% of Michiganders in voting for the Libertarian Gary Johnson.
I have voted for other third party candidates, John Anderson, and Ross Perot. Johnson' vote was my most foolish. Exhausted by Donald Trump, Militias and kidnapping plots, armed nuts at the state capital, lousy water in Flint, and Republicans in Lansing who believe in "My way or the "still in need of repairs" highway" I predict a Joe Biden victory in Michigan. The networks will call the state by 10pm. I am too out of touch to offer a prediction on the state house and senate. Joe Biden will also be elected President. He will harvest 349 electoral votes, and nearly 400 if the Democrats capture Texas.

I also wonder what his 9-11 will be.

And of course all of this is offered in my very humble opinion.
Reese Rickards
11-1-20

If I Heart GR really wanted to save money, it would sublet two of it's three floors at 77 Monroe Center.

Realist

Re: Not really a radio topic.... but it is topical.

Post by Realist » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:31 am

Because of the west coast, declaration won’t be until 11pm until their polls close. I agree that Michigan will be called by 10.
Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania will flip back to the Democrats.
Biden elected in a landslide. Senate flips Democratic.

frankie knuckles

Post by frankie knuckles » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:36 am

You two are in for a shock tomorrow.

The vast majority of presidents serve two terms. Our current one spoke to a crowd of 50,000 screaming supporters in rural PA yesterday.

Trump will be re-elected tomorrow, just like almost every other first term president has been before him.

Reese K Rickards

Post by Reese K Rickards » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:45 pm

Frankie, It might surprise you to know 22 US presidents served one, or less full terms. Another 7 served less than two full terms. Grover Cleveland served two terms, but not consecutively. Only 12 presidents served two full consecutive terms, FDR served three terms and died early in his 4th,

What is your prediction for Michigan, and what is your road map for a Trump victory?

If I Heart GR really wanted to save money, it would sublet two of it's three floors at 77 Monroe Center.

frankie knuckles

Post by frankie knuckles » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Reese K Rickards wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:45 pm
Frankie, It might surprise you to know 22 US presidents served one, or less full terms. Another 7 served less than two full terms. Grover Cleveland served two terms, but not consecutively. Only 12 presidents served two full consecutive terms, FDR served three terms and died early in his 4th,

What is your prediction for Michigan, and what is your road map for a Trump victory?
My prediction for Michigan is an old guy named Reese will be weeping bitterly somewhere in the Western part of the state tomorrow night.

Just remember when things don’t go the way you want them to go tomorrow that politics is just a spectator sport. It’s a conversation topic. Family, faith, friends. Those are the important things. Even when Trump is still your president until January 2025.

Reese K Rickards

Post by Reese K Rickards » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:06 pm

Frankie, I am an old guy. I heart made that painfully obvious when I turned 61. But I don't weep over politics, and I retired to a 44 foot yacht in Florida four years ago last month. I am bitter only because my wife disliked the boat and asked me to buy a home on shore.

Politics is not a spectator sport. When you get involved it becomes much more that that. You learn to form opinions, and you educate yourself about your opinions and how to intelligently articulate your opinions rather than toss silly insults.

Rather than my president in 2025, I believe Mr. Trump will be serving time somewhere in New York state, if he doesn't flee the country for a nation without an extradition treaty.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if that turned out to be Russia? In my very humble opinion.

andymuskegon

Post by andymuskegon » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:30 pm

well, i for one am super thankful that someone who's made 9 posts since 2009 and hides behind a screen name like frankie knuckles was good enough to come in here swinging his dick around about politics. thanks for the valuable input.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/andyoriley

Realist

Post by Realist » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:49 pm

Reese K Rickards wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:06 pm
Frankie, I am an old guy. I heart made that painfully obvious when I turned 61. But I don't weep over politics, and I retired to a 44 foot yacht in Florida four years ago last month. I am bitter only because my wife disliked the boat and asked me to buy a home on shore.

Politics is not a spectator sport. When you get involved it becomes much more that that. You learn to form opinions, and you educate yourself about your opinions and how to intelligently articulate your opinions rather than toss silly insults.

Rather than my president in 2025, I believe Mr. Trump will be serving time somewhere in New York state, if he doesn't flee the country for a nation without an extradition treaty.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if that turned out to be Russia? In my very humble opinion.
Couldn’t agree more.

Only commented originally because I don’t post in the political potpourri. Too many Neo cons there and no win arguments

BayCityJohn2337

Post by BayCityJohn2337 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:51 pm

Well Howard Stern is voting for Joe Biden. So if all of his Millions of listners, do the same Reese may be right.

frankie knuckles

Post by frankie knuckles » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:41 pm

Reese K Rickards wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:06 pm

:lol:

frankie knuckles

Post by frankie knuckles » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:59 pm

Realist wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:31 am
Because of the west coast, declaration won’t be until 11pm until their polls close. I agree that Michigan will be called by 10.
Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania will flip back to the Democrats.
Biden elected in a landslide. Senate flips Democratic.
:lol:

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:43 am

Reese K Rickards wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:14 am
I predict a Joe Biden victory in Michigan. The networks will call the state by 10pm. [...] Joe Biden will also be elected President. He will harvest 349 electoral votes, and nearly 400 if the Democrats capture Texas..

Reese Rickards
11-1-20
Uh, whatever your methodology, Reese, it needs tweaking. :razz

[edit 9:07am]
Biden just stormed into the lead in Michigan by .1% with 93% of the vote counted. Those absentee and mail-in ballots are turning the tide. I'm wondering if it will help Peters overcome his deficit.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Reese K Rickards

Post by Reese K Rickards » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:45 pm

Actually, with a dab or two of French's mustard, Crow is quite palatable. IMVERYHO.

Mickey Lolich

Post by Mickey Lolich » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:46 pm

Reese,
You are not alone. I was projecting a landslide. It's anything but that.
And the pollsters had Biden with a comfortable lead.
But it's all OK = This is the strangest year ever.

Reese K Rickards

Post by Reese K Rickards » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:47 pm

It has been a long and contentious year, but the election is over. I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Team Trump on a fight well fought. I look forward to Nevadas 6 votes to reach 270 this evening. What a terrible shame Mr. Trump can't bring himself to match the grace of his supporters by calling the President Elect, offering a pat on the back, and a sincere concession.

Tomorrow it's back to griping about the state of radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic