Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

How Many Members in WZZM’s Weather Club?

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Trophyhead

How Many Members in WZZM’s Weather Club?

Post by Trophyhead » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:59 am

Samantha Jacques with WWTV/WWUP (9&10 News) announced on Twitter that she is coming into the market as a weekend meteorologist on TV 13.

I presume this is Alanna Neahring’s old post, wasn’t there some fellow from Ohio who got the job first?

Just wondering who’s filling the roles these days, didn’t figure George Lessens would retire till after Bill Steffen did across town.

Honolulublue4life

Re: How Many Members in WZZM’s Weather Club?

Post by Honolulublue4life » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:55 pm

Think that makes 5 now. Alana is still listed on the website.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:57 pm

I think it will be weekend mornings for Samantha Jacques for Laura Hartman when she got weekday mornings.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:34 am

I think that, with everything else that's going on in the world, that it's comforting to see George still at 13, and also Bill over at 8. I hope they stay around as long as they care to.

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:50 pm

Trophyhead wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:59 am
Just wondering who’s filling the roles these days, didn’t figure George Lessens would retire till after Bill Steffen did across town.
Next summer will give Bill 20 years at WOOD, after almost 27 years at WZZM. I imagine he'll stick around long enough to at least hit that milestone. I could also see him sticking around a few more years to celebrate his 50th anniversary in local TV in 2024, and retiring after that (unless the station incentivizes his retirement before then).

This year is George's 40th at WZZM. Could he also stick around for 10 more years to both outlast Bill and *also* hit 50 years in TV? Who knows. I mean, I always thought it was kind of strange that WZZM made it a point to celebrate the moment that George's tenure at the station became longer than Bill's (which is also still listed on his bio on their website), but either way, I could definitely see George staying on TV at least until Bill retires.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic