Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tom Ambrose

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
originalzzmfmjock

Tom Ambrose

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:17 am

I see in the Grand Rapids Press today that former air personality Tom Ambrose has passed away. Tom worked at several stations in West Michigan through the years including WGRD and was Program Director at WERX during their Top 40 years in 1966-67. I first met Tom in the mid 60's when he was at WERX and I was just a 14 year old kid trying to break in to the radio profession. I got to re-connect with Tom a couple of times in the past 5 years or so and had lunch/dinner with him and his wife to trade radio stories. He had lots of great stories to tell about Grand Rapids and the radio market. Real nice guy and he will be missed. Rest in peace my friend.

CK-722

Re: Tom Ambrose

Post by CK-722 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:25 am

http://obits.mlive.com/obituaries/grand ... =191923192

Began his career at WTAC Big 600. Jon Yinger posted this the other day on the WTAC Big 600 Community Page on Facebook.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:34 pm

Goodness. I had the absolute pleasure and fun of working with Mr. Ambrose on many TV commercials and video presentations during my career. He was a true talent and consummate professional; he'd be anything you'd want him to be. Those times represent some of my fonder memories.

RIP |I
...took a supersonic trip to heaven December 1, 2018.
I wonder why the long delay in reporting his death?

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:31 pm

I remember him from the Bonney Motors ads. We lived about three miles apart in Comstock Park. RIP, Tom. A life well lived.

STARKY

Post by STARKY » Tue May 28, 2019 7:33 am

He was a fun guy. I worked for him at a small station in whitehall mich.

STARKY

Post by STARKY » Tue May 28, 2019 7:33 am

He was a fun guy. I worked for him at a small station in whitehall mich.

Radio Chili

Post by Radio Chili » Tue May 28, 2019 9:43 pm

You can say THAT again, Starky!

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:43 pm

Sorry for the bump, but I just thought I'd mention the late Tom Ambrose can be seen in the movie Hoffa from 1992 with Jack Nicholson and Danny Devito. In one of the courtroom scenes he's seen standing by the door at the back of the courtroom. He went to the casting call in Detroit and that's what he ended with. Personally, I thought it was a thorough waste of his talent. :hat

He also was in an episode of TV's America's Most Wanted. He played an armored car guard who gets shot inside a bank, but at least he had some lines!

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic