All accepted registrations through February 19 at 8:30p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

101.3 The Brew

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: 101.3 The Brew

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:35 am

I think some sort of corporate format captain from Clownsquare has his or her hand in the cookie jar at the company's rock stations.

WGRD and Banana 101.5's playlists took a shit around the same time, and also around that same time, Q103 in Albany traded Active Rock for a strong classic rock leaning Mainstream Rock playlist.

Overall, Banana"s playlist is at least more cohesive (better structured) than GRD's.

When GRD's prior PD left, I suspected he was the problem. I may have been mistaken. The playlist only improved a tiny bit after the current PD arrived from South Bend.

The station plays a wide breadth with minimal depth. The same four or five songs from core artists day, after day, after day, after day. No even semi-deep cuts EVER!!!

The music choices fucking suck and are nearly as bad as Darren Arriens' era WKLQ.

WGRD used to be able to command a 6 share in ages 12+ without even trying! And that was when WLAV had a full power and WBFX had a reasonably decent classic rock playlist. Now, WLAV is running on an auxiliary transmitter, WBFX is a flaming pile of shit, and WGRD cannot even consistently maintain a 5 share!!!

Rock radio in Grand Rapids has never sounded worse during my lifetime than it does now.

Lori Bennett and Bob Walker have turned WLAV from an iconic classic rock station into a ratings boondoggle. Sad.

48125er

Re: 101.3 The Brew

Post by 48125er » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:16 pm

Speaking of WLAV, they got a new voice, think its the same one WDVD has.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic