Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Garry Frank Leaving WXMI

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Localnewsisdead

Garry Frank Leaving WXMI

Post by Localnewsisdead » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:14 am

Here is the official Fox 17 announcement posted on their facebook page:

After 4 years of forecasting the weather in his own unique way, that has, on one occasion landed him on Jimmy Kimmel, FOX 17 Meteorologist Garry Frank is moving on to our sister station in Kansas City. Garry is originally from that area, so this is a move home for him. FOX 17 Morning News viewers, please join us in congratulating Garry and wishing him well. His last day on FOX 17 Morning News will be on Wednesday, March 13th.

Here is Garry's statement:

I've got some exciting news to share with you...after nearly 4 years at FOX 17, I'm moving back home. I've accepted a position within our company at FOX 4 in my hometown of Kansas City, MO. I've had some excellent times here at FOX 17 and I've met a ton of great people. I appreciate your support over the years and I've enjoyed waking up with you each morning. My last day is March 13th.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Garry Frank Leaving WXMI

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:46 am

Say what you want about Garry, but from a career management standpoint, he's no dummy. That viral video increased his stock significantly. What a great discussion point for an interview.

Fox 4 is a solid station.

I wish him well.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:54 pm

A little bit closer to his GF Tracy as unless they aren't a couple anymore. All the best Garry.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

dwp49423

Post by dwp49423 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:10 pm

And today Tracy Hinson announced she was leaving KPTV (Fox 12 in Portland, OR) the station she left WXMI for. But she hasn't said where she is going other than " to pursue opportunities in the Midwest and East Coast. "

---
"Cheap Cheap Cheap" it is live or is it Gannett?

uncleducky

Post by uncleducky » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:01 pm

Wonder why he has not seem drunk in the mornings. Every morning he look like he was out all night drinking. The past few months seems to be wide eyed and can understand what he is saying and not all mumbled on his words.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:04 pm

And today Tracy Hinson announced she was leaving KPTV (Fox 12 in Portland, OR) the station she left WXMI for. But she hasn't said where she is going other than " to pursue opportunities in the Midwest and East Coast. "
Sounds like she was told to quit.

OldHippie

Post by OldHippie » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:56 am

Adios Garry. It’s been fun. Good luck.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:31 pm

Tracy works in STL for the NBC station very close to Garry since KC is up the road don't know how long a drive it is thou 3 to 5-hour drive?

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic