Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

LAV who?

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MisterGoodrich2U

LAV who?

Post by MisterGoodrich2U » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:32 pm

JACKIE GREEN AND STEVE GORMAN ON WLAV

New weekday line-up on the Legendary LAV!

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – September 20, 2019 – Two high profile personalities make their debut on 96.9 WLAV. Jackie Green will host middays on WLAV from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning 9/23 and West Michigan’s own Steve Gorman is hosting nights from 7 p.m. to Midnight, and made his debut on 9/9.

Jackie Green: Rock is in her blood! Jackie started her broadcast career hosting nights and middays at WGRD-FM before seguing to television as a Fox 17 feature reporter for the “On the Scene with Jackie Green” segment. Jackie can be heard now on 97LAV from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and as part of The Gray & Green Show on 105.3 HOT FM. Jackie on two stations? She’s just that good!

Steve Gorman Born in Muskegon, Michigan, Steve Gorman hosts a new show on 97LAV ‘Steve Gorman Rocks’! It’s live night-time radio that involves listeners with phone interaction and social media. Steve is the co-founding member and drummer of the Black Crowes and former host on Fox Sports Radio, as well as author, and now host of Steve Gorman Rocks. Steve is a true storyteller, connecting with listeners in a unique way, and will feature his buddies and legendary artists stopping by to swap stories. The show also features April Rose, model, actress and radio personality as co-contributor, as well as video and social media hipster for Steve Gorman Rocks!

“This is an exciting time for the next chapter of the Classic Rock format and WLAV.” said Lori Bennett, Operations Manager for the Cumulus West Michigan group and Program Director of 105-3 HOT FM. “I’m so pumped to bring in a new generation of talent to the Mighty LAV.” says Rob Brandt, long-time Program Director of LAV. “Steve Aldrich, longtime musicologist, remains in the family and will host 12a-5a, plus Sunday “Breakfast in the Basement” on WLAV as well as “Beer City Buzz Tracks” featuring new, regional artists on The Q-94-5”.

The Cumulus Radio Group of West Michigan owns and operates 5 live and local over the air radio brands in the Grand Rapids radio market; 105.3 HOT FM, 97 LAV, Thunder 107.3, The Ticket, and The Q 94-5.

CRG also produces local events and offers ‘C-Suite’ Digital Marketing tools.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: LAV who?

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:19 pm

Great.

Cheap syndie garbage off a satellite at night and probable voice tracking (from someone whose ratings at 105.3 have stunk) in middays.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!

The jock line up at LAV was perfect as-is.

Does this mean Stiller is out of a job?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:29 pm

The Cumulus Radio Group of West Michigan owns and operates 5 live and local over the air radio brands in the Grand Rapids radio market; 105.3 HOT FM, 97 LAV, Thunder 107.3, The Ticket, and The Q 94-5.
Are Zach Sang, the Ty Bentli show, Nash Nights Live, "Steve Gorman Rocks!," Jim Rome, Dan Patrick, and a voicetracked afternoon shift from Detroit "Live and Local" ?

Just wonderin'.

I'm sure Steve Aldrich is just thrilled to be demoted to the graveyard shift.

I wonder how many more budget cuts are forthcoming to Cumulus G.R. ?

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:58 pm

It’s pretty apparent that the Steve Gorman show (from Westwood One, a division of Cumulus) is being forced by Cumulus corporate onto every classic rock station they have. They dropped the popular Alice Cooper show on Saginaw’s Wheelz 104.5 for this. Haven’t listened to Gorman but Alice had some interesting moments...

RandJob

Post by RandJob » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:12 pm

In life when I have decisions to make I always think to myself, What Would Scott Hall Do?

Then I buy a bunch of cheap booze and drink myself to sleep.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:37 pm

Seems like some nationwide budget cuts could be imminent for the Cloud company.

One of the better known radio talents in the Kansas City market - who helped her station overtake heritage alt station 96.5 The Buzz after being hired by Cumulus - was just thrown to the curb like a hot pile of garbage after only eight months with the company.

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1806 ... ht-months/

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:29 pm

You couldn't FORCE me at gunpoint to work for those morons.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

unreel

Post by unreel » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:22 pm

One break was all that was needed. Can someone work with her? She talks at you not to you. This is justifying her salary on Hot FM not because she's "just that good." Whoever wrote the press release had to be cringing. It will not last. Putting in someone who is not seasoned and screams into the mic is not going to solve the issues that WLAV faces. This is short of a travesty. What an insult to the listeners.

unreel

Post by unreel » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:23 pm

One break was all that was needed. Can someone work with her? She talks at you not to you. This is justifying her salary on Hot FM not because she's "just that good." Whoever wrote the press release had to be cringing. It will not last. Putting in someone who is not seasoned and screams into the mic is not going to solve the issues that WLAV faces. This is short of a travesty. What an insult to the listeners.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic