Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Breaking: Nexstar reaches agreement to purchase Tribune

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MasterB

Re: Breaking: Nexstar reaches agreement to purchase Tribune

Post by MasterB » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:06 pm

I wonder if there will be a swap with Antenna TV for one of Katz networks since Nexstar owns Antenna TV now that Nexstar has closed on the Tribune merger. Any network from Katz for Antenna TV I don't know if Scripps has Antenna on any of the sub-channels.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Myron Falwell

Post by Myron Falwell » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:54 pm

Meanwhile the fate of WGN America and WGN 720 remains up in the air. Nexstar is pure-play, they don’t do radio and a cable channel stripped of any/all meaning is not in their best interests, either.

Problem is, who’d really want 720? It’s a labor-intensive talk station with an aging audience, in a market where Cumulus informally put their stations on the block because they can’t compete with iHeart, Hubbard and Entercom.

I have no need for Boring McGraphics, tyvm

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:07 pm

The website has Scripps at the bottom no lighthouse thou also at the end of the newscast at 6:55PM had no mention of Scripps and said Tribune Broadcasting. I thought the lighthouse would've been shown since the sale is final I know no one cares.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic