Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 29, 2022 at 6:45a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

106.5 Jack FM

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

106.5 Jack FM

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:04 am

Is it just me, or does this station's audio processing continue to sound like trash?

As an AC, I thought 106.5's processing generally sounded good, for the most part. Not sure about the final six or twelve months as an AC, though, since I don't know if I ever tuned in for more than five minutes at a time.

Whatever compression schema they are using is overemphasizing mid-range at the expense of bass response and treble response. There is almost no "sound stage" effect, either. Reminds me of how badly music often sounds on AM radio.

Who is responsible for their audio settings? Is that person clueless, or is the station using equipment that is being held together by chewing gum and duct tape?

Also, is this station operating at somewhat reduced power? The signal in the Portland and Grand Ledge areas seems somewhat weaker than I remember.

The USFL is stupid.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic