Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ethic Committee M.I.A. in State House

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Ethic Committee M.I.A. in State House

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:13 am

Wonder what this is about?
The House Ethics and Oversight Committee is scheduled to meet every Thursday at 10:30 a.m. But it hasn’t met since June, leaving 19 bills stuck in limbo.

Since Jan. 1, the committee met only six times. In every meeting, the committee heard presentations from speakers and adjourned before acting on any legislation.

According to Rep. Tom Kunse, R-Clare, the vice chair of the committee, there are no plans to meet before the end of the year. He finds this “unexcusable.”

“I would love to know why,” Kunse said. “So literally, we will do nothing all year.”

In contrast, the Senate Ethics and Election Committee has met 16 times this year.

The 19 bills awaiting the House committee’s consideration were introduced between February and July.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Ethic Committee M.I.A. in State House

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:09 am

Excellent post; I'd love to know the reasoning for this as well.

On a somewhat related note, the transparency bill recently passed by the House is a total joke, as M.L. Elrick from the Detroit Free Press has duly noted.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:49 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:09 am

On a somewhat related note, the transparency bill recently passed by the House is a total joke, as M.L. Elrick from the Detroit Free Press has duly noted.
Nobody likes it. It really illustrates that dark politics exist universally in the state. Maybe it's time for a voter referendum.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:05 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:49 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:09 am

Nobody likes it. It really illustrates that dark politics exist universally in the state. Maybe it's time for a voter referendum.
Uh, that's what happened. The watered down bill is a bare minimum attempt to meet what we voted on last year. Also, it's bullshit that the state is adjourning for the year early to shoehorn in the presidential primary.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:18 pm

Wait. You mean to tell me a governing body isn't doing a GAHT damn thing?!?!

What next, they're still getting paid? The wonders never cease.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic