Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Right to Life is getting desperate in Michigan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Right to Life is getting desperate in Michigan

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:08 am

They have filed a lawsuit demanding crazy things. I just think the lawyers are billing hours from an Organization that has lost the fight but still has a pot of money burning a hole in its pocket.
Right to Life, Republican lawmakers and other abortion foes have filed suit seeking to overturn a voter-approved amendment to the Michigan constitution that guarantees a right to reproductive freedom.

The federal lawsuit against Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and other state officials seeks to invalidate Proposal 3, arguing the 2022 ballot proposal created an illegitimate “super-right” to abortion that violates the U.S. Constitution.

The suit contends that “children in the womb” have “an interest in life” that should be protected by 14th Amendment, which prohibits states from depriving any person of “life, liberty or property” without due process of law.

“For the law to turn a blind eye to the existence of this innocent human life and thus deny it the legal protection every human life deserves defies irrefutable biological facts, logic, and commonsense, and it is nothing short of evil,” attorneys wrote in the 36-page lawsuit filed with the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan.

More than 2.4 million Michigan voters supported Proposal 3 last fall. The ballot measure, approved 57 percent to 43 percent, amended the Michigan Constitution to guarantee a right to abortion in the state months after the U.S. Supreme Court eliminated a federal right by overturning Roe v. Wade.
I wonder why they don't follow other parts of the Bible and feverishly as they do the made up parts.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Mega Hertz

Re: Right to Life is getting desperate in Michigan

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:28 pm

Imagine if we had a "buzz board bible". That would be entertaining.

"Today's reading is from the book of Neckbeard, 2:18. And Neckbeard said unto Bryce 'thou shalt suckle my Jimmies until thein is satisfied'."
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

teetoppz28

Re: Right to Life is getting desperate in Michigan

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:57 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:28 pm
Imagine if we had a "buzz board bible". That would be entertaining.

"Today's reading is from the book of Neckbeard, 2:18. And Neckbeard said unto Bryce 'thou shalt suckle my Jimmies until thein is satisfied'."
Bryce sayeth upon Neckbeard: "I shall, if thou weareth this adult diaper, as doth my orange-faced deity."
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic