Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Worn becomes Warren again after electing first female mayor!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Worn becomes Warren again after electing first female mayor!

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:30 pm

After years and years of old white Republican men, the city of Worn decided to become modern and elect a moderate Democrat, Lori Stone! The electorate finally got it right.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Re: Worn becomes Warren again after electing first female mayor!

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:54 pm

There needs to be an audit of how she spent campaign money, pronto.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:06 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:54 pm

Looks as if she is a frequent/daily/hourly visitor and customer to Jimmy Johns...

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:34 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:54 pm

Looks like she ate the competition.

🐷🐷🐷
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:59 pm

Really hope Warren doesn't have a policy against bringing Arby's to city meetings. God I hope she doesn't use the Warren city pool :barf

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:09 am

So maybe all of you would have supported her racist opponent HR director George DimaS? She bought them for several meet and greets. You misogynists are so hateful.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:48 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:09 am
So maybe all of you would have supported her racist opponent HR director George DimaS? She bought them for several meet and greets. You misogynists are so hateful.
Did you just say that the EEO officer for the City of Warren is a racist? He was endorsed by Fire Commissioner Wilburt McAdams. You need to stop with defamation before you find yourself in front of a judge :hat

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:59 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:48 am
Did you just say that the EEO officer for the City of Warren is a racist? He was endorsed by Fire Commissioner Wilburt McAdams. You need to stop with defamation before you find yourself in front of a judge :hat
Tell me why Dimas had not one POC in his “Super 7” slate as opposed to Stone’s Elite 8? I’ll wait. There were 3 POC who ran for council and he didn’t ask one to run on his slate.

This is the same man who refused to pay out a worker’s comp claim after an assistant city attorney was attacked while on the job.

Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:27 am

Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:59 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Tell me why Dimas had not one POC in his “Super 7” slate as opposed to Stone’s Elite 8? I’ll wait. There were 3 POC who ran for council and he didn’t ask one to run on his slate.

This is the same man who refused to pay out a worker’s comp claim after an assistant city attorney was attacked while on the job.
If that's all you got so you can call a guy a racist, you got nothing. Pls stop defaming people.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:29 am

She looks like a lot of women in Warren. Just sayin'. :hat

I will say if I were still a resident of Warren, I would have voted for her. Dimas looked like a stuffy pants old geezer 15 years ago. I was a bit surprised to see he was still active in local politics.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:28 am

OK, this board can bust her for exorbitant Jimmy John's costs and assume nasty things about her health and appearance, but I notice other costs on that chart of Payees. I notice a Professional Party Planner and Eastpointe Manor. Is it possible that these costs are related to a banquet of some sort, including potential catering from Jimmy Johns? I don't think any of us know without more information.

I don't intend to bust you guys' balls on a message board, as humor is important and brings people together and I don't wish to govern it, but this strikes me as unfair and slightly cruel.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:30 am

I really don't understand where the racist thing comes from here. I mean look at this MCRF:
Dimas said he supports a fully funded Police Department and Fire Department.

Another thing about which residents are concerned is the lack of diversity in City Hall.

“As the human resources director, I have hired more candidates from a diversity background, more so than any other human resources director in the history of the city,” Dimas said. “And I will continue with that effort to make sure City Hall has diversity, employees with diversity, backgrounds to mirror more of the makeup of our community’s residents.”
https://www.candgnews.com/news/dimas-pl ... ectly-3577
MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:29 am
She looks like a lot of women in Warren. Just sayin'. :hat

I will say if I were still a resident of Warren, I would have voted for her. Dimas looked like a stuffy pants old geezer 15 years ago. I was a bit surprised to see he was still active in local politics.
Agreed. She doesn't seem bad, but teachers are typically not the brightest bulbs. Neither are Mayors, so maybe its a good fit.

She is a fatty though :(

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:27 pm

How are we misogynists?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:02 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:27 am
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:59 am
Neckbeard wrote:

If that's all you got so you can call a guy a racist, you got nothing. Pls stop defaming people.
You don’t know shit about my city. You don’t know that (soon to be former) Mayor Fouts and George Dimas run under the same shady PAC. Do you know about the tapes where Fouts call Blacks “Chimps”?

Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:03 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:28 am
OK, this board can bust her for exorbitant Jimmy John's costs and assume nasty things about her health and appearance, but I notice other costs on that chart of Payees. I notice a Professional Party Planner and Eastpointe Manor. Is it possible that these costs are related to a banquet of some sort, including potential catering from Jimmy Johns? I don't think any of us know without more information.

I don't intend to bust you guys' balls on a message board, as humor is important and brings people together and I don't wish to govern it, but this strikes me as unfair and slightly cruel.
She holds several open houses with free food along with coffee hours. I guess these people here have never been to a meet the candidate event.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic