Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Worn becomes Warren again after electing first female mayor!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Worn becomes Warren again after electing first female mayor!

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:42 pm

I didn’t think Ferndale was all that shabby when I was there.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:28 am

Most of Ferndale is quite nice.

Hazel Park (to the immediate east) - completely different story!
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:35 am

The LGBT community resurrected Ferndale in the 90s. One could easily argue that they would have sunk to level of Royal Oak Township or Oak Park without our community coming in.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:38 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:28 am

Hazel Park has changed big time. It’s not Hazel Park of the 90s where its race track was the main draw. Mabel Gray’s is amazing, and the downtown area is very nice now. Home values have doubled. Again, our community resurrected it as well.

There have been multiple studies that show when an LGBT contingent moves in, home values increase.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Wed May 01, 2024 8:42 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:38 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

Hazel Park has changed big time. It’s not Hazel Park of the 90s where its race track was the main draw. Mabel Gray’s is amazing, and the downtown area is very nice now. Home values have doubled. Again, our community resurrected it as well.

There have been multiple studies that show when an LGBT contingent moves in, home values increase.
I could see this, as the “LGBT” districts seem to be the gentrified parts of urban areas. However, can you share some links to these studies? I’d be curious to see the real-life examples.

Paul Richards

Post by Paul Richards » Thu May 02, 2024 7:56 am

Chrocket87 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:42 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

I could see this, as the “LGBT” districts seem to be the gentrified parts of urban areas. However, can you share some links to these studies? I’d be curious to see the real-life examples.
I am too. Where are these studies? Or is this just bullshit?
Jo and the Ho gotta Go.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu May 02, 2024 8:01 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:42 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... es/260437/

https://www.newsweek.com/house-prices-l ... ce-1433622

https://lgbtq-economics.org/2020/10/02/ ... -everyone/

Audacity sucks.

Chrocket87

Post by Chrocket87 » Fri May 03, 2024 9:14 am

Thanks for these links. The Newsweek article really caught my eye by mentioning the Riverside neighborhood of Cleveland, as I was not expecting that neighborhood to be the one mentioned. The Ohio City, Tremont, and Coventry neighborhoods seemed more LGBT friendly.

I don’t subscribe to the Atlantic, so I wonder which Ohio neighborhoods were in the neighborhoods that lost value.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 03, 2024 12:12 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 9:14 am
Thanks for these links. The Newsweek article really caught my eye by mentioning the Riverside neighborhood of Cleveland, as I was not expecting that neighborhood to be the one mentioned. The Ohio City, Tremont, and Coventry neighborhoods seemed more LGBT friendly.

I don’t subscribe to the Atlantic, so I wonder which Ohio neighborhoods were in the neighborhoods that lost value.
I ran it through the internet archive and figured out it’s just a blurb about a study. Here is the study:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 9011000581

Originally from the Journal of Urban Economics… keep in mind this is 2012 studying the 2000 census.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat May 04, 2024 1:55 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 12:12 pm
Chrocket87 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 9:14 am

I ran it through the internet archive and figured out it’s just a blurb about a study. Here is the study:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 9011000581

Originally from the Journal of Urban Economics… keep in mind this is 2012 studying the 2000 census.
I could not find the study verbatim. So, I appreciate that.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic