Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

New "highly mutated" strain of Covid - first US case in Michigan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Mega Hertz

Re: New "highly mutated" strain of Covid - first US case in Michigan

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:54 pm

Somebody at work the other day was telling me that someone, somewhere (a right winger without any evidence, how novel) was deciding that there would be another shut down in September. I don't buy it. I don't see it coming to that.

I will say we could use another one. Over a million Americans died, but judging by Grand River, not one of them was from Livingston County.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:04 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:54 pm
Somebody at work the other day was telling me that someone, somewhere (a right winger without any evidence, how novel) was deciding that there would be another shut down in September. I don't buy it. I don't see it coming to that.

I will say we could use another one. Over a million Americans died, but judging by Grand River, not one of them was from Livingston County.
We never should have had a lockdown.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:47 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:04 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

Probably not… but Grand River is too crowded.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:23 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:47 pm
Matt wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Probably not… but Grand River is too crowded.
It's a fucking aneurysm.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:38 pm

Matt wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Ask the families of the 2 million people who died of the virus what they think of lockdowns.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:31 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:38 pm
Matt wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Ask the families of the 2 million people who died of the virus what they think of lockdowns.
They'll most likely say Lockdowns didn't make a f*ckin difference....
Only people who benefited from those ridiculous lockdowns of 2020 are....
The politicians and "Leaders" who mandated and handed out Executive Orders like Halloween Candy...
You know, the one's who told YOU and ME to stay home while they private jetted to Florida, and a 2021 Inauguration...

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:07 am

Mega Hertz wrote:

Yes, Alex Jones is talking out his ass again that masks will be required on flights in September, masks everywhere in October, and lockdowns in November. If this strain stays as nebulous as it has and that happens, I will join you all in protesting it.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:14 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:31 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

The politicians and "Leaders" who mandated and handed out Executive Orders like Halloween Candy...
You know, the one's who told YOU and ME to stay home while they private jetted to Florida, and a 2021 Inauguration...
And you listened? How novel. I actually left my house, NOBODY bothered me and life went on.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:28 am

Rate This wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:14 am
lidoshuffle wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

And you listened? How novel. I actually left my house, NOBODY bothered me and life went on.
No, I didn't listen, life went on for me as well, it was a bit annoying though going to the store and being confronted by a rent-a-cop making $16/hr telling you to "Mask Up" before entering the store...
Lockdowns didn't work, and won't work again, why this conversation is coming up again is mind boggling...
Only politicians enjoy lockdowns...

kager

Post by kager » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:01 pm

A return to mask-ups may happen. I would not like it, but would comply with no issue.

I think the lefties in our state have finally learned no one is going to cover for them if they try to institute lock-down idiocy again. There aren't enough lawyers to handle the suits that would correctly follow.
lidoshuffle wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:28 am
There are plenty of wannabee politicians (comedians) here in PolPot, but many of those who used to lather up to be the gubner's shield on the matter have since "changed their mind"...
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:14 pm

kager wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:01 pm
A return to mask-ups may happen. I would not like it, but would comply with no issue.

I think the lefties in our state have finally learned no one is going to cover for them if they try to institute lock-down idiocy again. There aren't enough lawyers to handle the suits that would correctly follow.
lidoshuffle wrote:
There are plenty of wannabee politicians (comedians) here in PolPot, but many of those who used to lather up to be the gubner's shield on the matter have since "changed their mind"...
Governor Dixon would like a word with how poorly the lockdowns were taken and how great that was for her.

kager

Post by kager » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:15 pm

Sir Posts-Alot wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:14 pm
kager wrote:

lidoshuffle wrote:
Governor Dixon would like a word with how poorly the lockdowns were taken and how great that was for her.
You should take whomever that is up on it.
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:37 pm

He Who Slept Through The 2022 Election wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:15 pm
Sir Posts-Alot wrote:
kager wrote:

lidoshuffle wrote:
Ok here it is slowly… if the lockdowns were broadly rejected here then Dixon would have won. She got crushed.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:47 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:37 pm
He Who Slept Through The 2022 Election wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:15 pm
Sir Posts-Alot wrote:
kager wrote:

lidoshuffle wrote:
Ok here it is slowly… if the lockdowns were broadly rejected here then Dixon would have won. She got crushed.
The election was about abortion, not lockdowns.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:58 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Matt wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Did you lose any family?

And why do you care what Trump did during COVID? I personally apologize that your trust fund wasn't as big as his.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic