Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer the Queen

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Graham Wellington

Re: Whitmer the Queen

Post by Graham Wellington » Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:02 pm

Don't worry guys. According to Laura Wotruba, Whitmer apologist for the Department of Technology, Management, and Budget, "costs are evaluated to make sure they fall within reasonable expectations." No need to have a competitive bidding process for such a large project like this when a robust cost evaluation process already exists....

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:29 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:02 pm
Don't worry guys. According to Laura Wotruba, Whitmer apologist for the Department of Technology, Management, and Budget, "costs are evaluated to make sure they fall within reasonable expectations." No need to have a competitive bidding process for such a large project like this when a robust cost evaluation process already exists....
:eek
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:13 pm

I think my neighbor is drunk and is outside hollering at someone or something. The dogs, maybe? Idk. But it's really Goddamn annoying.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:48 pm

As "TC Talks" said in his thread on Madam Guv'nuh's mansion upgrades...

"Whitmer also had nothing to do with this project, she is merely a tenant".
So all this heavy equipment, "Labor Union" approved workers and supplies just miraculously appeared in the Governor's mansion driveway without her knowledge?
She had no say in this matter, did not see any plans in advance, or give her permission for the go ahead on the project?
She just walked outside and was told..."you're just a tenant to this project" ????
I'm sure she just said..."Well OK if you say so"....

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:49 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:48 pm

So all this heavy equipment, "Labor Union" approved workers and supplies just miraculously appeared in the Governor's mansion driveway without her knowledge?
She had no say in this matter, did not see any plans in advance, or give her permission for the go ahead on the project?
She just walked outside and was told..."you're just a tenant to this project" ????
Do you think she really cares that much if they install one or not?

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:24 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:49 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:

Why don't you write her another fan letter or E-mail and ask her?
Why are you asking me....??

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:35 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:24 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:49 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:

Why don't you write her another fan letter or E-mail and ask her?
Why are you asking me....??
You’re the one who decided you knew what she thought. Therefore you seem like an authority… one who may have written a fan letter or ten.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:46 pm

"Dear Gretchen, I wrote you, but you still ain't callin'
I know you been busy with that driveway you been installin'
I don't mean to get you into this kerfuffle,
But I'm having an online argument with lidoshuffle

My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why
I got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window
And I can't see at all
And even if I could, it'd all be gray
But your picture on my wall
It reminds me that it's not so bad
It's not so bad
"
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:23 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:46 pm
LOL
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:31 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:46 pm

My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why
I got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window
And I can't see at all
And even if I could, it'd all be gray
But your picture on my wall
It reminds me that it's not so bad
It's not so bad
"
That was pretty good. We should probably refrain from singing Janie’s Got A Gun around her…

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:25 pm

And you fellers are worried about a driveway?
Michigan budget has $950M in no-bid pork projects, some transparency reforms

Michigan budget deal includes $950M in pet projects
Democrats add disclosure rules for earmarks
Hundreds of no-bid projects eyed, including many in Detroit and Lansing
LANSING — Michigan lawmakers funded more than $950 million in statewide pet projects as part of a massive $82 billion budget deal on Wednesday, allocating money for everything from firehouses and downtowns to swimming pools and affordable housing.

Democrats, in full control of state government for the first time in nearly 40 years, are adding rules they say will begin to reform what has been a controversial earmark process.

For the first time, the state will be required to publicly post the sponsors of certain no-bid grants on department websites — but that will not be mandated until Sept. 30, 2024.

The new rules will require lawmakers to submit a sponsorship letter to the state by Jan. 15 — about six months from now — and precludes lawmakers from seeking a grant if they have a "conflict of interest" with the intended recipient.

The budget also includes new "clawback" language designed to help the state recoup any misused or unspent funds from grant recipients who fail to comply.

The new earmark rules follow Bridge Michigan reporting on a $25 million grant secured last year by then-House Speaker Jason Wentworth, R-Farwell, that was awarded to one of his former legislative aides.

The state health department paid out nearly $10 million to a nonprofit run by the ex-aide to Wentworth before suspending the grant amid an internal probe by the Office of Inspector General, which investigates fraud, waste and abuse.

That grant was among roughly $1 billion in pork projects lawmakers funded last year as part of a budget deal between the Republican-led Legislature and Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:50 am

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:28 pm

I'm worried about all fraud, waste and abuse involving taxpayer dollars.

The new conflict of interest rules are a step in the right direction.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:13 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:28 pm
I'm worried about all fraud, waste and abuse involving taxpayer dollars.

The new conflict of interest rules are a step in the right direction.
We didn't earn a top rank as a dark politics state without spilling a few million here and there.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:34 am

Now this is kinda funny:
U.S. Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm's four-day road trip to tout the benefits of electric vehicles took an unexpected turn when a Georgia family called the police on a gas-powered car in the secretary's entourage that was blocking an EV charging station.
NPR reported that one of the four chargers was broken and the others were occupied. To reserve a spot, a staff member parked a gas-powered vehicle by one of the EV charging stations. Shortly after, a family came to charge their vehicle but was unable to due to the gas-powered vehicle being in the way. Angered that they were forced to wait for the charger on a sweltering day with a baby in the car, the family called the police to report the incident.

"I'm calling because I'm in the Grovetown Walmart at the charging station and there's literally a non-electric car that is taking up a space and said they're holding the space for somebody else," the woman who made the 911 call told the dispatcher in the recording, which was obtained by Fox News on Tuesday. "And it's holding up a whole bunch of people who need to charge their cars."

"There are other people who are waiting to charge and they're still here and they're not in electric cars," the caller continued. "The sign says you can't park here unless you're charging."

The dispatcher then told the woman that a deputy was on the way to handle the situation.
https://www.newsmax.com/us/georgia-elec ... d/1134210/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic