Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Conversion Therapy thankfully banned

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Conversion Therapy thankfully banned

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:18 pm

Why do we need to pass laws to prevent people from harming their kids? This kind of harmful activity should never occur. We have some pretty fucked up religious idiots in this state.
“Today, we are banning the horrific practice of conversion therapy in Michigan and ensuring this is a state where you can be who you are,” Whitmer said in a statement. “As a mom of a member of the community and a proud, lifelong ally, I am grateful that we are taking action to make Michigan a more welcoming, inclusive place.”

House Bill 4617, defines conversion therapy as “any practice or treatment by a mental health professional that seeks to change an individual’s sexual orientation or gender identity, including, but not limited to, efforts to change behavior or gender expression or to reduce or eliminate sexual or romantic attractions or feelings toward an individual of the same gender.”

Its companion bill, House Bill 4616, not only prevents a therapist from using conversion therapy on a person younger than 18, but it also creates penalties for those found guilty of participating in the practice.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Re: Conversion Therapy thankfully banned

Post by km1125 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:31 pm

Does "conversion therapy" also include any actions designed to encourage kids towards a behavior or sexual orientation inconsistent with their actual chromosomes?

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:48 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:31 pm
Does "conversion therapy" also include any actions designed to encourage kids towards a behavior or sexual orientation inconsistent with their actual chromosomes?
+1

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:30 pm

km1125 wrote:
Here. We all chipped in and got this for you. Overnighted. You can grab it and go sit over there with it.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:43 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:18 pm
Why do we need to pass laws to prevent people from harming their kids? This kind of harmful activity should never occur. We have some pretty fucked up religious idiots in this state.

Tell that to Bernie Sanders
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:49 pm

Closet Cum Dumpster wrote:
You're a closet homosexual aren't you? With as big a mouth as you have, I bet you can take quite a load.
Last edited by TC Talks on Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:54 pm

km1125 wrote:
Asking for a friend??
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:02 am

I never believed in conversion therapy why wasn't it banned when Whitmer first came into office? As I'm sure she could've used EO to ban it.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic