Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Oxford shooter showing erratic behavior

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
km1125

Re: Oxford shooter showing erratic behavior

Post by km1125 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:59 pm

Round Six wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:57 pm
AndyD wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:33 pm
.... The human, especially male brain is still developing even at 21 ...
Ponder what you just said.

If our brains are still developing at 21, can we both agree they are nowhere near developed at 15?
If they're not developed enough at 15 to know that MURDER IS BAD, they're not going to be any closer at 21.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:24 am

Oxford shooter needs life in jail and no parole either, along with all mass shooters.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:10 am

Round Six wrote:
AndyD wrote:

If our brains are still developing at 21, can we both agree they are nowhere near developed at 15?
So this gives a free pass to MASS MURDER?!?!?

Why are you defending this piece of shit so much? Are you related?
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

AndyD

Post by AndyD » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:47 am

Round Six wrote:
AndyD wrote:

I agree with you about the brain being incredibly underdeveloped at 15. But I don't understand the point that you're trying to make if you think he should be released at 21. If he were a toddler who did this who literally did not know right from wrong, or understand cause and effect, then yes...I think you can make a case for releasing him when he becomes an adult. I don't know about you, but I certainly knew right from wrong and shooting up my school would result in severe consequences...... even with my underdeveloped brain at 15.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:42 pm

Crumbles should get the death penalty. Bring it back just for him and the murderer of that little girl. Inject them both and call it a twofer Tuesday.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:57 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:42 pm
Crumbles should get the death penalty. Bring it back just for him and the murderer of that little girl. Inject them both and call it a twofer Tuesday.
That's the easy way out. Make them suffer on the bare minimum needed to survive for as long as possible. Decades if necessary. There's no suffering in not existing.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:54 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:57 pm
That's the easy way out. Make them suffer on the bare minimum needed to survive for as long as possible. Decades if necessary. There's no suffering in not existing.
I agree. I wish the motherfucker had the courage to hang himself instead of senselessly murdering others.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:24 am

I'll agree with you that the death penalty should return in Michigan. And phooey on the final departure being administered as humanly as possible. Let's bring back death by firing squad. Or public hangings. Have the event somewhere like Pine Knob. The state could generate revenue by selling tickets. People could get a discounted yearly pass when they renew their plates.

Silliness aside, the kid's parents could make money by writing a book. Parenting by Self Proctology. I just can't get past this 15 year old getting life without parole. Sorry. If anyone is going to serve life, it should be one or both of them.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:39 am

Round Six wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:24 am
I'll agree with you that the death penalty should return in Michigan. And phooey on the final departure being administered as humanly as possible. Let's bring back death by firing squad. Or public hangings. Have the event somewhere like Pine Knob. The state could generate revenue by selling tickets. People could get a discounted yearly pass when they renew their plates.

Silliness aside, the kid's parents could make money by writing a book. Parenting by Self Proctology. I just can't get past this 15 year old getting life without parole. Sorry. If anyone is going to serve life, it should be one or both of them.
‘Tis a wonder they don’t saw someone’s head off taking breaks between strokes.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:54 pm

Round Six wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:05 am
Everyone has good points.
I still stand by what I said to begin with.
He was a kid. His parents made him what y'all say he is.

Sure a good physiological exam should be done first. But if he truly shows remorse for what he committed, and those examining him are convinced, he should be released by the time he's 21.
You're flipping off your rocker. Tell that to Justin Shilling's family, friends, and the kid that witnessed this lunatic shoot Justin Shilling execution style in the bathroom.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:47 pm

It's despicable that Oxshort is defending this human scum: https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 430185007/
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:42 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:47 pm
It's despicable that Oxshort is defending this human scum: https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 430185007/
?? Do you mean Loftin?

No matter how guilty the defendant and clear-cut the case, everyone deserves a competent defense. That just makes sure the prosecution is actually doing their job and if they can't get a prosecution under those circumstances they really shouldn't be entrusted with that kind of position.

I don't think criminals should be able to get off "on a technicality" though, as they should have to prove it's a material difference to the case in order to even qualify for that kind of defense.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:55 am

km1125 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:42 am
Matt wrote:
?? Do you mean Loftin?

No matter how guilty the defendant and clear-cut the case, everyone deserves a competent defense. That just makes sure the prosecution is actually doing their job and if they can't get a prosecution under those circumstances they really shouldn't be entrusted with that kind of position.

I don't think criminals should be able to get off "on a technicality" though, as they should have to prove it's a material difference to the case in order to even qualify for that kind of defense.
Round Six is the poster formerly known as Mike Oxshort.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:04 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:55 am
km1125 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:42 am
Matt wrote:
?? Do you mean Loftin?

Round Six is the poster formerly known as Mike Oxshort.
Got it.

But I don't see him defending Crumbly, just pointing out inconsistencies with how a kid is treated vs an adult, or that a kid could have a brain "not fully developed enough" to understand what he did, especially relative to adults even just 5 or 10 years older. I think I've made it clear I don't agree with him on that point (especially in this case), but we do agree that the parents also should be held accountable for his actions.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:46 pm

I was pro death penalty for the longest time growing up until I did a college paper on it. With all the State paid, court appointed, top notch lawyers doing rounds of appeals trying to prevent their client from being executed, it generally costs taxpayers 4-5 times the amount it would cost locking them up for life. Lock them up, throw away the key and hope some of the other inmates take care of them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic