Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan’s new roads plan: More money for big counties (that vote Democratic)

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Michigan’s new roads plan: More money for big counties (that vote Democratic)

Post by Matt » Wed May 17, 2023 8:10 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:00 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:16 pm
Blame the people that can't quit Trump, like ap and bz: you handed the Dems total control in November.
Translation:

Sununu-Cheney, 2024.

Orange man bad.
Trump 2018 - L
Trump 2020 - L
Trump 2022 - L

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Round Six

Re: Michigan’s new roads plan: More money for big counties (that vote Democratic)

Post by Round Six » Wed May 17, 2023 8:13 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:59 pm
Some things they out to do, but for some it's probably too late.

Extend I-275 as far as they possibly can between Novi and Holly.

Extend the M-53 Expressway as much as possible from Romeo to Imlay City.

Put a connector expressway between I-75 and US 23 in Northern Oakland and or Southern Genesee County.

If you kook further outstate, nearly every larger city has bypasses like these, often redundantly surrounding them.
Not familiar with side of town M-53 and Imlay City are on, so no comment.

But as far as your first and third suggestion, let's talk about M-59.
Would making M-59 a freeway between 75 and 23 be a viable option to you? Or is that too far south for what you are thinking? Just how built up is 59 thru there? I only wander on 59 around Highland so I don't know how it is east of there.

Extend M-5 until it hits M-59, then freeway from that intersection to 23. What do you think?

Me personally I'm not sure why nowadays the state wets their pants when someone don't want a new road. They didn't do that when 75 went thru Lincoln Park and Detroit. The didn't do it when they ran 696 thru Oakland and Macomb County. I wonder if it's because running new freeways thru the northern and western ends of Oakland County is where the money lives. They get to say no. It was alright to bulldoze the bungalows. Don't touch our million dollar homes.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Wed May 17, 2023 8:16 pm

There's not really a lot of empty space at Bristol & 75. That's where the Flint Metal Center is. Between 75 & 69 there's the airport and the CN (Grand Trunk Yards.) Plus Bristol is a major trunkline thru southern Flint Twp. and Burton. East of 75, it's a very busy road. It used to be a state trunkline...M-121. I'm with you on re-designing the Bristol-75 interchange. It's been the same since the fifties, when the freeway was called the Fenton-Clio expressway. They re-designed the Miller Rd. I-75 interchange when they built 69 in the late sixties.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 17, 2023 8:21 pm

Round Six wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 8:13 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:59 pm
Some things they out to do, but for some it's probably too late.

Extend I-275 as far as they possibly can between Novi and Holly.

Extend the M-53 Expressway as much as possible from Romeo to Imlay City.

Put a connector expressway between I-75 and US 23 in Northern Oakland and or Southern Genesee County.

If you kook further outstate, nearly every larger city has bypasses like these, often redundantly surrounding them.
Not familiar with side of town M-53 and Imlay City are on, so no comment.

But as far as your first and third suggestion, let's talk about M-59.
Would making M-59 a freeway between 75 and 23 be a viable option to you? Or is that too far south for what you are thinking? Just how built up is 59 thru there? I only wander on 59 around Highland so I don't know how it is east of there.

Extend M-5 until it hits M-59, then freeway from that intersection to 23. What do you think?

Me personally I'm not sure why nowadays the state wets their pants when someone don't want a new road. They didn't do that when 75 went thru Lincoln Park and Detroit. The didn't do it when they ran 696 thru Oakland and Macomb County. I wonder if it's because running new freeways thru the northern and western ends of Oakland County is where the money lives. They get to say no. It was alright to bulldoze the bungalows. Don't touch our million dollar homes.
How do you propose to make 59 a freeway from 75 to at least the other side of Waterford… talk about demolition derby!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed May 17, 2023 8:40 pm

Crazy talk time...

Do it right the FIRST fucking time. I always knew it was an election year whenever Mound was torn up. Where I live, downtown is under construction, Grand River is under construction, 96 is under construction, 23 is under construction...I mean, if you have to poop, forget it. Bring a bag.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed May 17, 2023 8:58 pm

Two seasons, Winter and Construction. State animal: orange barrel.

Seriously, how many times is Mound under construction!

Bring a bag? No kidding, do they even consider other road closures when they close another? This is issue will be even worse because they didn't spread road construction out over other counties.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed May 17, 2023 9:51 pm

Not only that, don't forget the four guys standing in a circle talking, one guy shoveling, two guys on their phones, one guy pointing at stuff, two talking with their arms crossed and one flagger.

-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 17, 2023 10:23 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 9:51 pm
Not only that, don't forget the four guys standing in a circle talking, one guy shoveling, two guys on their phones, one guy pointing at stuff, two talking with their arms crossed and one flagger.
Don’t you work construction too?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed May 17, 2023 10:30 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:23 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
New home, not road.

Now that I'm thinking about it, lots of trades are just as shitty and lazy. My first construction job was as a framing laborer. If we had left our houses in half as bad condition as a lot of these trades do now, our super would have murdered us. There's hacks in every job. These guys are worse because they have government backing.

-TurkeyTop

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 17, 2023 11:03 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:30 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:23 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
New home, not road.

Now that I'm thinking about it, lots of trades are just as shitty and lazy. My first construction job was as a framing laborer. If we had left our houses in half as bad condition as a lot of these trades do now, our super would have murdered us. There's hacks in every job. These guys are worse because they have government backing.
Not bad for government work though :rollin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic