Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Segregationists In Allendale

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Re: Segregationists In Allendale

Post by Bryce » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:33 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:25 pm
Not so much.

I guarantee that GVSU, like all of our public universities and colleges, have plenty of CYA policies in place to protect themselves and their student orgs.

https://www.gvsu.edu/policies/policy.ht ... 372FB3DA26

Again, the activities in question are not the official commencement ceremonies. Can you at least acknowledge that?
Sure, I acknowledge that. It doesn't negate the fact that the segregated ceremonies are being held. And, being held by groups that scream bloody murder if they were excluded from a similar event held on campus.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:48 pm

They scream bloody murder when they are excluded from activities they have earned their place at - like an official commencement ceremony for their area of study.

I really don't know many people that get upset when they are excluded from activities by groups they aren't part of.

There is an enormous difference between these two things and I'm sad you cannot see it.

Wellllll... la de frickin da

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:48 am

I don't belong to any of those groups. But can I participate in more than one of their ceremonies anyway?

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:19 am

Personally, I wouldn't do the official commencement if I graduated college just isn't my thing and I find them to be quite boring, just send me the diploma in the mail.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:07 am

paul8539 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:48 am
I don't belong to any of those groups. But can I participate in more than one of their ceremonies anyway?
Given some of the things that you've posted here I doubt anybody would want you in their Club regardless. Aren't you like 70 years old?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:08 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:33 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:25 pm
Not so much.

I guarantee that GVSU, like all of our public universities and colleges, have plenty of CYA policies in place to protect themselves and their student orgs.

https://www.gvsu.edu/policies/policy.ht ... 372FB3DA26

Again, the activities in question are not the official commencement ceremonies. Can you at least acknowledge that?
Sure, I acknowledge that. It doesn't negate the fact that the segregated ceremonies are being held. And, being held by groups that scream bloody murder if they were excluded from a similar event held on campus.
At least you're consistently the victim of something. I never realized how sensitive white men become when they get older.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:58 am

I completely understand how someone that lives in a segregated community would have a hard time wrapping his head around this issue.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:39 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:58 am
I completely understand how someone that lives in a segregated community would have a hard time wrapping his head around this issue.
I don't hate an entire race of people, and that has nothing to do with my address. You, however, are the poster child for white flight.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:10 am

paul8539 wrote:
You belong to the group that has NEVER stepped foot on a college campus.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

kager

Post by kager » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:55 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:10 am
paul8539 wrote:
You belong to the group that has NEVER stepped foot on a college campus.
Given the many proud examples of racism, hate, bigotry and prejudice displayed on this board by those who claim to have done that, I don’t think that not attending college alone makes one a bad person.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:24 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:39 pm
Bryce wrote:
I don't hate an entire race of people, and that has nothing to do with my address. You, however, are the poster child for white flight.
The best kept "secret" in Michigan is why white people move up north. The more you protest and point fingers the more obvious it becomes what you really are.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:33 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:24 am
TC Talks wrote:
Bryce wrote:
The best kept "secret" in Michigan is why white people move up north. The more you protest and point fingers the more obvious it becomes what you really are.
I don't believe people move up north because they are racist. They move up there for the lifestyle and activities.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:23 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:33 am
craig11152 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Bryce wrote:
I don't believe people move up north because they are racist. They move up there for the lifestyle and activities.
Or because they really like methamphetamines.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:48 pm

craig11152 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Bryce wrote:
I move here from Colorado. I had never been here before. And those who move North to avoid people tend to be in the middle of the state. Traverse City actively encourages migrants, has the largest Pride week in the Midwest and has a human rights commission. We aren't akin to the white flight in the rural North.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:32 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:48 pm
craig11152 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Bryce wrote:
I move here from Colorado. I had never been here before. And those who move North to avoid people tend to be in the middle of the state. Traverse City actively encourages migrants, has the largest Pride week in the Midwest and has a human rights commission. We aren't akin to the white flight in the rural North.
Even the rich need somewhere to boat and ski.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic