Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lawmakers eye Michigan gun reforms

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Round Six

Re: Lawmakers eye Michigan gun reforms

Post by Round Six » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:33 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:07 pm
... Attack the illegal possession of firearms which make up the vast majority of gun related homicides.
What a great idea. Meanwhile:

" ... ROSEVILLE, Mich. – Another person has been taken into custody after a shooting that happened across the street from two Roseville schools. The Macomb County Prosecutor’s Office says Deandre Demon Parks, 19, of Roseville has been arrested following the shooting, which happened on Monday (April 6th).

Parks is currently out on a personal bond for a felony weapons charge and was arraigned on Tuesday (March 7). Officials believe the 19-year-old was involved in giving the handgun to the shooting suspect ... "

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:49 am

What are the concealed carry restrictions for weapons other than firearms? For example, knives, mace, paper spray, brass knuckles, baseball bats, duct tape, bare hands. If someone is able to kill with his bare hands, then when he wears gloves, he is carrying a concealed weapon.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:09 am

But, people driven to commit suicide are going to use other means to do so. Only a fraction of firearm suicides would be prevented.
I don't know if that is a safe assumption or not.

Other methods of taking one's life might have a lower chance of being lethal and are probably more likely to inflict severe injury / pain without causing fatality. As such, certain suicidal individuals may be unwilling to consider alternatives.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:45 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:09 am
But, people driven to commit suicide are going to use other means to do so. Only a fraction of firearm suicides would be prevented.
I don't know if that is a safe assumption or not.

Other methods of taking one's life might have a lower chance of being lethal and are probably more likely to inflict severe injury / pain without causing fatality. As such, certain suicidal individuals may be unwilling to consider alternatives.
You may be right. I only speak from personal experience. Of fhe three people that I knew that have committed suicide, not one used a firearm. The worst was a young lady that jumped off an overpass into incoming traffic. It was horrid and still bothers me to this day.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic