Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan Republican Party gives up

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Michigan Republican Party gives up

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:16 pm

What a disgrace - a major loser, most likely Karamo is going to lead the party into the next cycle...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Re: Michigan Republican Party gives up

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:25 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:16 pm
What a disgrace - a major loser, most likely Karamo is going to lead the party into the next cycle...
And she has won it.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:25 am

I thought it was Matt DePerno was going to be GOP chairperson Karamo and her demons UGH welcome to crazy town grassroots which they clearly don't know what's best for the party. STOP WITH ELECTION DENYING that isn't going to win an election unless in a ruby red district that would vote R in the front of the name no matter what.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:56 am

A truly awful pick, for sure.

Was hoping by some miracle that Scott Greenlee would win. Was clear after the first ballot he didn't stand a chance.

The GOP needs better people as precinct delegates. People who won't vote for conspiracy theory loons for leadership positions.

While I don't think Karamo is as purposely underhanded as DePerno, she *is* highly irrational, has demonstrated no fundraising ability (just look at her own SOS campaign), and has no policy chops. She also wants to give even more power to precinct delegates with regard to elective office candidate vetting, which is a major step in the wrong direction. This isn't terribly surprising, since the grassroots, tin-foil hat wearing loons are precisely the reason she wound up being the SOS nominee in 2022.

GOP candidates for general elections should be picked via primary elections, not via state conventions or closed caucuses.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/opini ... 919260007/

Looks like Oakland County won't be flipping back to purple or red anytime soon with "leadership" like this in place. Kent County will also be a lost cause.

It's time for traditional Republicans to mobilize to either take the party back or form a viable third party.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:51 am

A third party of traditional republicans seems like it would help democrats big time, further dividing the conservative vote.
Hopefully somehow sane republicans can retake the party. At least democrats seem to keep their nuts under control more or less.

I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:30 am

I'm glad you're pathetic party realizes it has a problem. It takes quite a mess up to lose as badly as you did. Maybe you'll realize to leave abortion rights alone and focus on the economy.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:34 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:30 am
I'm glad you're pathetic party realizes it has a problem. It takes quite a mess up to lose as badly as you did. Maybe you'll realize to leave abortion rights alone and focus on the economy.
*your*
Spellcheck is your friend TC

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:43 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:34 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:30 am
*your*
Spellcheck is your friend TC
Too many last night. Thanks for the catch.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:38 am

How's this for a compromise? Republicans leave abortion alone, and Democrats leave guns alone. Deal?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:48 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:38 am
How's this for a compromise? Republicans leave abortion alone, and Democrats leave guns alone. Deal?
We leave guns alone but there is adequate mental health funding and support to catch gun ownership issues already covered existing laws. In this sense, I agree with Bryce.

― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:25 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:48 am
I agree with Bryce.
Arguably your best post...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:31 am

This made my day...
With Karamo’s election, some veteran Republicans predicted the party will become increasingly “irrelevant” in future elections as big-money donors fund their own preferred candidates outside the party apparatus.

“Institutionally, the Republican Party at the county level and state level is dead,” said Dennis Lennox, a longtime GOP consultant.

“The people in the asylum have taken control of the institution. Most of the people here don’t want to win elections. They have no idea how to win elections. They’ve never talked to an undecided voter, let alone a Democrat.”

About 2,000 delegates voted at the convention, which was marked by some conspicuous absences. Outgoing chair Ron Weiser, a mega donor who had pumped millions of dollars of his own money into the party, did not attend. Nor did any congressional Republicans.

― Noam Chomsky

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:26 pm

I just want to know why the people that voted for her thought: "This woman lost her election race by over 600,000 votes, raised very little money, and couldn't pull in independent voters... I know! Let's have her be the head of the party!!" They must be tired of AlL tHe WiNnInG...

It's gonna be a comedic next two years, at least! :rollin

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:28 pm

I assume Karamo believes the results of this election allowing her to lead the party.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:11 pm

This comes up party-wise every few years. Watergate was the end of the Republicans. Then it was the economic crisis. Then when Romney blew it. And then Trump happened....

Here it is again. The Democrats were done after Reagan whooped that ass in the 80s. Then after Gore. Then Trump happened....

Neither of the two major parties is going anywhere on any level.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic