Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan Republican leaders could be charged

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Michigan Republican leaders could be charged

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:38 am

The illegal effort to cancel a valid election has come to Michigan. Much of the Republican party leadership in Michigan tried to take over the election process in Lansing in an effort to aid Donald Trump. It failed, but charges are coming.

Based on testimony from Laura Cox, it seems the party is lead by criminals.
LANSING — Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said Friday she is re-opening her investigation into so-called fake electors who aided former President Donald Trump’s attempt to overturn his 2020 election loss.

Nessel, a Democrat, had referred the alternative Michigan electors to the U.S. Department of Justice a year ago but told reporters she is “a little worried” that the federal government has not yet filed any charges in the case.

A “parallel investigation” is warranted given new evidence released by the U.S. House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack, Nessel said in a media call commemorating the two-year anniversary of the deadly riots at the U.S. Capitol.

“I thought that there was already a substantial amount of evidence in that case, but now … there’s just clear evidence to support charges against those 16 false electors, at least in our state,” Nessel said.

At issue is a December 2020 document, bearing the name of 16 Michigan Republicans, that purported to be an official certificate awarding the state’s presidential electors to Trump despite his 154,188-vote loss to Democrat Joe Biden.

The document included signatures from Republican National Committeewoman Kathy Berden and Michigan Republican Party cochair Meshawn Maddock, among others. Berden, through her attorney, could not be reached.

Maddock lashed out at Nessel: “I never expected that modern political witchhunts would be led by literal witches,” she said Friday in a text message to Bridge Michigan.

In a statement, Elizabeth Stoddart, a spokesperson for Michigan Republicans, accused Nessel of “using taxpayer dollars to perpetually persecute her political enemies.”

The certificate falsely claimed that pro-Trump electors convened in the Michigan Capitol on Dec. 14, 2020. In reality, they met in the basement of Michigan GOP headquarters in Lansing, as recently confirmed by then-chair Laura Cox in a congressional deposition.

When she referred the matter to the Department of Justice last year, Nessel mentioned the possibility of criminal charges such as forgery of a public record and election law forgery, which could carry prison sentences of up to 14 years in prison.

Some of the phony electors — including Michelle Lundgren of Detroit — have claimed they did not know what they were signing at the time.

Berden, listed as chairperson on the document, testified before congressional investigators but pleaded her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination more than 80 times.

Cox, who was chair of the Michigan Republican Party in 2020, shed new light on the scheme in a congressional deposition conducted in May and publicly released in its entirety this week.

Hillsdale College Vice President and General Counsel Bob Norton, apparently working with or for the Trump campaign at the time, told Cox that the pro-Trump electors were planning to try to hide in the Michigan Capitol overnight in order to meet a legal requirement for convening in the Senate chambers on Dec. 14.

“I told him in no uncertain terms that that was insane and inappropriate,” Cox said in a deposition before the U.S. House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack.

Trump’s campaign was trying to assemble alternative slates of electors in multiple states where the president was contesting election results. The scheme, according to the congressional committee, was part of a pressure campaign to try to convince Vice President Mike Pence to block certification of Biden electors on Jan. 6, 2021.

Some Trump allies have described the effort in more innocuous terms.

They were “contingent electors in case any legal challenges changed the result of any state,” Republican National Chair Ronna McDaniel, who lives in Michigan and has publicly defended Berden, said in a separate congressional deposition.

“So then, they would’ve met as (a) necessary step in case to meet the requirement by the Supreme Court, but they were contingent in case legal challenges changed something in any particular state,” she said.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Re: Michigan Republican leaders could be charged

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:40 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:38 am
The illegal effort to cancel a valid election has come to Michigan. Much of the Republican party leadership in Michigan tried to take over the election process in Lansing in an effort to aid Donald Trump. It failed, but charges are coming.

Based on testimony from Laura Cox, it seems the party is lead by criminals.
LANSING — Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said Friday she is re-opening her investigation into so-called fake electors who aided former President Donald Trump’s attempt to overturn his 2020 election loss.

Nessel, a Democrat, had referred the alternative Michigan electors to the U.S. Department of Justice a year ago but told reporters she is “a little worried” that the federal government has not yet filed any charges in the case.

A “parallel investigation” is warranted given new evidence released by the U.S. House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack, Nessel said in a media call commemorating the two-year anniversary of the deadly riots at the U.S. Capitol.

“I thought that there was already a substantial amount of evidence in that case, but now … there’s just clear evidence to support charges against those 16 false electors, at least in our state,” Nessel said.

At issue is a December 2020 document, bearing the name of 16 Michigan Republicans, that purported to be an official certificate awarding the state’s presidential electors to Trump despite his 154,188-vote loss to Democrat Joe Biden.

The document included signatures from Republican National Committeewoman Kathy Berden and Michigan Republican Party cochair Meshawn Maddock, among others. Berden, through her attorney, could not be reached.

Maddock lashed out at Nessel: “I never expected that modern political witchhunts would be led by literal witches,” she said Friday in a text message to Bridge Michigan.

In a statement, Elizabeth Stoddart, a spokesperson for Michigan Republicans, accused Nessel of “using taxpayer dollars to perpetually persecute her political enemies.”

The certificate falsely claimed that pro-Trump electors convened in the Michigan Capitol on Dec. 14, 2020. In reality, they met in the basement of Michigan GOP headquarters in Lansing, as recently confirmed by then-chair Laura Cox in a congressional deposition.

When she referred the matter to the Department of Justice last year, Nessel mentioned the possibility of criminal charges such as forgery of a public record and election law forgery, which could carry prison sentences of up to 14 years in prison.

Some of the phony electors — including Michelle Lundgren of Detroit — have claimed they did not know what they were signing at the time.

Berden, listed as chairperson on the document, testified before congressional investigators but pleaded her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination more than 80 times.

Cox, who was chair of the Michigan Republican Party in 2020, shed new light on the scheme in a congressional deposition conducted in May and publicly released in its entirety this week.

Hillsdale College Vice President and General Counsel Bob Norton, apparently working with or for the Trump campaign at the time, told Cox that the pro-Trump electors were planning to try to hide in the Michigan Capitol overnight in order to meet a legal requirement for convening in the Senate chambers on Dec. 14.

“I told him in no uncertain terms that that was insane and inappropriate,” Cox said in a deposition before the U.S. House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack.

Trump’s campaign was trying to assemble alternative slates of electors in multiple states where the president was contesting election results. The scheme, according to the congressional committee, was part of a pressure campaign to try to convince Vice President Mike Pence to block certification of Biden electors on Jan. 6, 2021.

Some Trump allies have described the effort in more innocuous terms.

They were “contingent electors in case any legal challenges changed the result of any state,” Republican National Chair Ronna McDaniel, who lives in Michigan and has publicly defended Berden, said in a separate congressional deposition.

“So then, they would’ve met as (a) necessary step in case to meet the requirement by the Supreme Court, but they were contingent in case legal challenges changed something in any particular state,” she said.
What kind of a name is Meshawn anyways?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:30 am

I'm thinking Indian.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:07 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:30 am
I'm thinking Indian.
You mean like native or India? Because the woman is as blonde and white as they come.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:54 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:07 am
TC Talks wrote:
I'm thinking Indian.
You mean like native or India? Because the woman is as blonde and white as they come.
You asked about the name. No ideas about her, but what is it with Crazy Blonde women and Michigan's GOP leadership?

Betsy was once the Chairperson

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:57 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:54 pm
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
I'm thinking Indian.
You asked about the name. No ideas about her, but what is it with Crazy Blonde women and Michigan's GOP leadership?

Didn't know that.... It must be a WASP thing...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:30 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:57 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
I'm thinking Indian.

Nope. When I think WASP, I think Blackie. Blackie Lawless.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:50 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:30 pm
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
I'm thinking Indian.

Are you having a meds problem lately?

― Noam Chomsky

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:59 pm

I can’t wait until fellow Wornite and former backstabbing friend Clifford Frost is thrown in jail where he belongs!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:02 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:50 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
I'm thinking Indian.

Did the joke go over your head?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:26 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:02 am
TC Talks wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
I'm thinking Indian.

That's okay. I don't expect anyone outside of 1985 to get a WASP reference.

-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:42 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:26 am
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
I'm thinking Indian.

Goonies reference?

― Noam Chomsky

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:54 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:42 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
I'm thinking Indian.

Goonies reference?
You don't remember the band WASP from the 80s? Granted, they never hit big, but the name lives on in metal circles still.

-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:41 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:54 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:42 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
I'm thinking Indian.

Goonies reference?
You don't remember the band WASP from the 80s? Granted, they never hit big, but the name lives on in metal circles still.
I feel bad that you we're born at that time in Rock's history. Probably still better than today but wow was that awful stuff.

― Noam Chomsky

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:17 am

Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
I'm thinking Indian.

It's ok, obviously they are "Blind In Texas"....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic