Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Future of GOP leadership in Michigan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Future of GOP leadership in Michigan

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:41 pm

When will the hillbilly from Milford be given a swift kick in the ass out the door? Meshawn Maddock has been a total disaster.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Tudor Dixon assume the helm of state party leadership.

Rate This

Re: Future of GOP leadership in Michigan

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:04 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:41 pm
When will the hillbilly from Milford be given a swift kick in the ass out the door? Meshawn Maddock has been a total disaster.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Tudor Dixon assume the helm of state party leadership.
Move on from the election deniers and tea party types. Find somebody like Rick Snyder.

I want them to lose so I take that back. We’ll take Tudor.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:14 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:

I had the same thought - I think Maddock needs to be punted as far as humanly possible. Tudor Dixon would be a great choice - I would think she could develop into a formidable fundraiser.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:23 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
I can't shag the feeling she'll end up having a steady gig in front of a camera, now that she's got some name recognition going for her.

Taco

Post by Taco » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:51 am

Even if Whitmer wasn't running, I would still not vote for Dixon. Read my lips, NO MAGA Republicans! Too radical for my liking.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:21 am

Interesting topic.

There was a point in time when I could pull the lever for a Republican. I voted Snyder in '10 and Romney in '12. But the direction the party took post 2012 was just too much for me, and the election of Trump turned me off completely. For as "left" as I am, if I feel the R candidate is the better option, that's who I would go with. I wanted Kasich in 2016.

I totally understand why and how there came to be such a Trump following. I get it. But when human decency becomes part of the Republican platform, maybe I'll think about it again. This "Because I Can, I Will" attitude is turning people (including myself) off.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:16 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:21 am
Interesting topic.

There was a point in time when I could pull the lever for a Republican. I voted Snyder in '10 and Romney in '12. But the direction the party took post 2012 was just too much for me, and the election of Trump turned me off completely. For as "left" as I am, if I feel the R candidate is the better option, that's who I would go with. I wanted Kasich in 2016.

I totally understand why and how there came to be such a Trump following. I get it. But when human decency becomes part of the Republican platform, maybe I'll think about it again. This "Because I Can, I Will" attitude is turning people (including myself) off.
That sounds like my story. I started to vote by voting for democrats, then I switched to conservative candidates. Some won elections, some didn't. I was a H*** Rick Snyder fan for a long time. John Kasich was the last republican I ever believed in and voted for because soon after, that party quickly turned into something so ugly I couldn't recognize it anymore. It didn't represent my values regarding my empathetic attitude toward other human beings and their own unique struggles in life, all other issues be damned.

At the risk of sounding too "preachy", for me, being a respectable human being is a prerequisite to even considering them as a candidate. I abhorr the way Trump and the current republican party treats minorities and young people. When people say "yea, I don't like him personally but I like his economic policy and he gets things done" I am saddened... we couldn't find someone who had a good economic policy, got things done, AND wasn't a POS? We had to choose one over the other? When the top guy blames society's problems on minorities and those more vulnerable to hate and violence, it's a solid NO for me.

Some things, like human decency, are non-negotiable to get my vote. It's a shame so many people can look past abhorrent attitudes toward minorities, for example. People say things like "you didn't vote for Trump just because of mean tweets?" and my response to that overly-simplistic, ridiculous statement is always I will never vote for a person who feels he is entitled to run a political platform that bullies and scapegoats people and steamrolls over them the way he does. Integrity, spirit, and words matter and have consequences, and we are feeling those consequences today. Does anyone feel better than they did a decade ago? I don't believe every republican is a horrible person - I know some wonderful people who vote republican. But the latest positioning of the party has awoken something ugly in some horrible people and it has amplified and spread and I don't want any part of it.

It's going to be a hard sell for me to ever think about voting for a republican ever again. Historically, I have always voted based on the issues, rather than the party, but the GOP has repeatedly spooked me so bad lately that I don't take any chances on any republican candidate. Other parties have their faults and policies I don't agree with, but the GOP has crossed too many lines in the past 6 years. Take a look at the election results yesterday, I am barely alone in that feeling. The GOP is free to make its own decisions; I can't tell them what to do. But for goodness sake, I will not even think about supporting the GOP of today unless some more attractive and welcoming changes are made in their platform.

Why did I vote the way I did against the GOP? Lesser of the evils. Way lesser.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:14 pm

Bring back Betsy. She knows how to back a winner...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:30 am

Fresh blood Brian Calley would be a good choice to lead the party in Michigan Rick Synder type would be great as well. I'm fine with Tudor Dixon as well as anyone not named Matt DePerno, or Karamo.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:05 am

Calley would be a good choice.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:52 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:05 am
Calley would be a good choice.
Yes he would. I don’t think more of the same type of Republican is the answer.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:30 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:14 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

I had the same thought - I think Maddock needs to be punted as far as humanly possible. Tudor Dixon would be a great choice - I would think she could develop into a formidable fundraiser.
Unfortunately, the Michigan Republican party is blaming everything on Tudor Dixon:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 639240007/

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:55 am

Taco wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:51 am
Too radical for my liking.
Let's see. Defund the police, men participating in women's sports, drag shows at schools, open borders and no checks on immigration, government controlled healthcare....

And REPUBLICANS are too radical?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:15 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:55 am
Taco wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:51 am
Too radical for my liking.
Let's see. Defund the police, men participating in women's sports, drag shows at schools, open borders and no checks on immigration, government controlled healthcare....

And REPUBLICANS are too radical?
Rejecting elections, supporting guns over the mass killing of children, defending police brutality. You fellas are a bunch gems.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:23 am

Bobbert wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:30 am
Matt wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:14 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

Unfortunately, the Michigan Republican party is blaming everything on Tudor Dixon:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 639240007/
We need to cleanse the party of Trump loyalists.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic