Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Benson: Don't Expect To Know Who Won Until Wednesday

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Benson: Don't Expect To Know Who Won Until Wednesday

Post by Rate This » Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:14 pm

Secretary of State Benson held a briefing today to lay out that with upwards of 2 million absentee ballots requested we will probably not know who won until they can be counted which will take until sometime on Wednesday. This is preemptively trying to cut off some of the misinformation at the knees. In person voting will favor the Republicans and they may appear to have leads for a while... possibly large leads. That will change when the overwhelmingly Democratic absentee ballots are added in. So nobody get all excited about a "ballot dump at 12pm Wednesday". You have been warned.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/decision ... ction-day/

MasterB

Re: Benson: Don't Expect To Know Who Won Until Wednesday

Post by MasterB » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:08 am

Why not just count the absentee ballots starting this weekend and put those results in when the polls close on Tue night? I'm fine with it being Wed or Thur until a winner is for Governor just as long as it doesn't take days like what will happen in US Senate race in PA. As it takes forever in PA to finish the count for some reason.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Rate This

Re: Benson: Don't Expect To Know Who Won Until Wednesday

Post by Rate This » Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:56 am

MasterB wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:08 am
Why not just count the absentee ballots starting this weekend and put those results in when the polls close on Tue night? I'm fine with it being Wed or Thur until a winner is for Governor just as long as it doesn't take days like what will happen in US Senate race in PA. As it takes forever in PA to finish the count for some reason.
If I’m not mistaken they wanted to count them as they arrived at some point in the last couple years but that idea was blocked by the legislature. So they legally cannot start until 8pm on election night.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic