Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

No on Prop 3 Ads Lie; Roe is NOT Restored in MI

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: No on Prop 3 Ads Lie; Roe is NOT Restored in MI

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:39 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:14 pm
Responsible parents, especially those with girls, should support Prop 3.
That doesn't make sense.

Parents should be advised on their children's medical procedures.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:45 pm

Taco wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:57 pm
In the Soo at the Budget Host Inn they have a vote no on 3 on their sign. Seems businesses are promoting the way they want people to vote. Seen lots of vote no on 3 signs really.
Did you regret staying there?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:48 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:39 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
That doesn't make sense.

If something happens under the 1931 law they have absolutely no options at all. Under proposal 3 despite its flaws they will have options.

I can only imagine the resentment if someone gets pregnant and someone else forces them to go through with it. That’s never speak to you again or acknowledge your existence type stuff. Relationship to the person doesn’t matter so it could literally cause a child to view their parents as dead to them.

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:49 pm

I was just passing through and saw it.
Matt wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:45 pm
Taco wrote:
In the Soo at the Budget Host Inn they have a vote no on 3 on their sign. Seems businesses are promoting the way they want people to vote. Seen lots of vote no on 3 signs really.
Did you regret staying there?

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:53 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:39 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
That doesn't make sense.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. There are plenty of scenarios where an abortion of the pregnancy would be in the best interest of the mother and plenty when it would be in the best interest of the child. There are also plenty of scenarios where a parent should not be advised.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:55 pm

They would be better off dead? Dude that's creepy and twisted!

I can't think of any, unless the parent should be in jail.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:59 pm

Just a few days ago I saw a message about voting no on 3 on a church sign in Houghton Lake. But yes, alienation is a potential of cause for concern.

I don't think a rape victim should be forced into having the child. That is just wrong. Not only would that be a major expense to the victim but the child if forced to be born to be a constant reminder of their rape.

Incest victims should be allowed to abort as well. That can cause severe genetic problems that could be not only costly but detrimental to those involved.

Also the health of the mother should be taken into consideration. What if there is a septic pregnancy? Is she supposed to die because abortions would be illegal? It's common sense!!

Abortions should only be allowed under those circumstances.
Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:11 pm
Taco wrote:
I was talking with a friend about that. Since a business exists to make money potentially alienating some of your customers seems counterproductive…

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:18 pm

Boy there is a lot misinformation!

Even the 1931 has clear exceptions for ectopic and septic - no one here would suggest that an abortion was not necessary in that instance.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:22 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:18 pm
Boy there is a lot misinformation!

Even the 1931 has clear exceptions for ectopic and septic - no one here would suggest that an abortion was not necessary in that instance.
The exception is to preserve the life of the mother. But my previous point holds. You will ruin people’s lives and break up families with this.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:27 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:55 pm
I can't think of any, unless the parent should be in jail.
Well, I would like to share an anecdote with you.

When I was a youngin', I had a niece who was about the same age as me and her step-dad was a monster. This guy would beat the hell out of her all the time. She told the school counselor or nurse one day because he actually gave her a swollen eye. They reported it and CPS went to check it out. CPS did nothing and she got it even worse. Abused kids cannot depend on the system to protect them, they aren't dumb, so they keep their mouths shut.

You may be saying "well, that isn't SEXUAL abuse", but the same rules apply to sex abuse. My wife had an idiot friend who was married to this guy who was messing with their kid. All the signs were there of some horrible things going on. Marks on his wrists, blood in the kid's underwear. A doctor did get suspicious at one point and I do not know if the doctor reported it to CPS, but the guy got busted in an FBI sting where he was in some online group, streaming his sex abuse of the kid. Even parents can't always protect their children because they're just too dumb, naive, and want to believe nothing is going on.

My sister-in-law's brother-in-law had a similar situation. Tennessee CPS did nothing to protect his children from their step-dad.

In a perfect world, parents and other family members could be trusted. Hell, authorities designated to catch incidents where children are violated could also be trusted. That's sadly not the case. Considering up to almost half of abortions for those 17 and under could be because of rape or incest (1% of abortions are because of rape and 0.5% are due to incest, 3.2% of abortions were found to be for people 17 and under, and I doubt there are many people 18+ getting an abortion due to incest), there are plenty of cases where a family member should be in jail, but they aren't.

I would rather teenagers have the capacity to get an abortion without parental consent because these are not isolated scenarios and notifying an abusive parent of their child having an abortion doesn't seem like the best thing to do.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:21 pm

In that case, the stepparent should be in jail.

It's a fallen world but let's not trade evil for evil.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:24 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:21 pm

Again, you assume the system would work. Sadly it doesn’t. Trading evil for evil would be to force a child to birth their rape or incest baby.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:28 pm

This soon will be a moot point. Audios kids can choose not to have abortions, just like my kids can make their choices. Fortunately, as a parent, I am a firm believer in birth control for my kids when they were at the point to need it...

Future kids won't need their parents permission to be safe.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:03 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:24 pm
audiophile wrote:

Again, you assume the system would work. Sadly it doesn’t. Trading evil for evil would be to force a child to birth their rape or incest baby.
He doesn’t believe in the system. In his world, government is bad.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:17 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:03 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:24 pm
audiophile wrote:

He doesn’t believe in the system. In his world, government is bad.
No need to continue with the discussion. Women's rights have been protected tonight against extremists like Michigan Right to Life.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic