Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer/Dixon debate 2

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Whitmer/Dixon debate 2

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:07 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:49 am
If Dixon had done absolutely nothing about Covid other than sign whatever legislation came out of the Republican legislature, our state would have been better off than we were under Whitmer's reign.
Sure… we would have had no deaths, been asking “what’s Covid?” And singing Kumbaya my lord.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:55 am

RT - quickly becoming the king of the straw man.

Michigan has had the 10th most deaths per-capita under Whitmer. Oh wait, we've moved into 9th place, just surpassing Louisiana (and recent trends put us in 4th worst at the moment, ready to move into 8th overall once we pass New Jersey, probably by next week). Florida had fewer than we did, and they have an older population, and a governor who didn't impose anywhere near the restrictions that ours did.

My suggestion is that we wouldn't have had any more deaths under Dixon than we did Whimter, and we wouldn't have had near the damage to our education or our economy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:01 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:55 am
RT - quickly becoming the king of the straw man.

Michigan has had the 10th most deaths per-capita under Whitmer. Oh wait, we've moved into 9th place, just surpassing Louisiana (and recent trends put us in 4th worst at the moment, ready to move into 8th overall once we pass New Jersey, probably by next week). Florida had fewer than we did, and they have an older population, and a governor who didn't impose anywhere near the restrictions that ours did.

My suggestion is that we wouldn't have had any more deaths under Dixon than we did Whimter, and we wouldn't have had near the damage to our education or our economy.
Unfortunately your guess is just a guess. We have no way to test it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:39 pm

Well, the worst few states only had about 10% more deaths than we did, so it is hard to imagine the death toll here being significantly higher than it already was.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:14 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:39 pm
Well, the worst few states only had about 10% more deaths than we did, so it is hard to imagine the death toll here being significantly higher than it already was.
But it’s an experiment we cannot try. So you are theorizing that something hands off would work better based on evidence from states with different climates, population and ethnic makeups… you’ve got a hill to climb there. It’s more complicated than Florida good! Michigan bad!…

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:28 am

Why wasn't the 3RD party candidate allowed to debate for the 2 debates I think they should be allowed to debate they didn't want to upstage the 2 parties. Let all the parties debate who is running for governor or president as well.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:02 am

MasterB wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:28 am
Why wasn't the 3RD party candidate allowed to debate for the 2 debates I think they should be allowed to debate they didn't want to upstage the 2 parties. Let all the parties debate who is running for governor or president as well.
For most debates, you have to poll at 5% or higher. Buzuma only got 2% of the vote in 2018. I know Betsy Johnson(I) of Oregon has polled between 8-13% and been invited to each debate. She has taken the opportunity.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:38 pm

dchildress wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:26 pm
The Dems are panicking on this one.

Even parachuting in Barack Hussein Obama won’t be enough the rescue Whitmer’s campaign.

She’s a hypocrite. She says she wants parental consent and restrictions for abortion (even abortion just before birth), yet she says she supports proposal 3, which will have zero restrictions and zero parental consent.

She put restrictions on you, shut down your business, kept you from buying seeds and paint (still not sure why), told you to put your Christmas lights up early because she’s insane, forced Covid patients in with grandma, which killed her and left her to die alone.

Yet her husband gets his boat in the water. She travels to Florida to visit relatives, and laughs at you the entire time.

It’s time to take out the trash!

Dump the lard ass and elect the hard ass!
Be gone.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:01 pm

dchildress wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:05 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:38 pm
dchildress wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:26 pm
The Dems are panicking on this one.

Even parachuting in Barack Hussein Obama won’t be enough the rescue Whitmer’s campaign.

She’s a hypocrite. She says she wants parental consent and restrictions for abortion (even abortion just before birth), yet she says she supports proposal 3, which will have zero restrictions and zero parental consent.

She put restrictions on you, shut down your business, kept you from buying seeds and paint (still not sure why), told you to put your Christmas lights up early because she’s insane, forced Covid patients in with grandma, which killed her and left her to die alone.

Yet her husband gets his boat in the water. She travels to Florida to visit relatives, and laughs at you the entire time.

It’s time to take out the trash!

Dump the lard ass and elect the hard ass!
Be gone.
Oh, it’s the whole “ass” thing again. You’re clearly offended by this language. Well, get used to it.

The choice is very simple.

It’s Whitmer’s punk ass against Dixon’s spunk ass!

Ass, ass, ass!
I hear the DBR is nice this time of year... Well... get used to it troll.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:57 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:02 am
MasterB wrote:
For most debates, you have to poll at 5% or higher. Buzuma only got 2% of the vote in 2018. I know Betsy Johnson(I) of Oregon has polled between 8-13% and been invited to each debate. She has taken the opportunity.
I think if it is only 3 or 4 running they should get to debate even if it isn't at 5%. Besty Johnson is playing spoiler in Oregon this year as they may elect a GOP as governor been 40 years since that has happened in the state.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:22 am

MasterB wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:57 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:02 am
MasterB wrote:
I think if it is only 3 or 4 running they should get to debate even if it isn't at 5%. Besty Johnson is playing spoiler in Oregon this year as they may elect a GOP as governor been 40 years since that has happened in the state.
From what I understand, the current Oregon Democratic governor has been as clueless as Granholm was and is wildly unpopular with her own party. We all know that Portland can do better(even though their demise has been exaggerated with GOP propaganda). Department heads are not doing their jobs and everything has come to a standstill.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:59 am

Yes, Governor Brown has not had the most Steller track record, she became governor upon the resignation of John Kitzhaber.

In Oregon, The GOP has wanted the governor's seat so badly they can taste it, but alas, they failed to secure a win . The last time a Republican governor was elected was 1982, Vic Atiyeh. The candidate in 2010, I recall ran a spirted race and The GOP had a decent candidate in 2018.

I do ponder what a 3 race will mean, could a Republican become governor by a small plurality?

This race is interesting a d it's worth noting, that if Tina Kotek wins, she will be the first open Lesbian Governor and will be the 2nd openly gay governor along with Jared Polis. Governor Brown is bi-sexual and married to a man. So, in these dark times, that will be progress.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic