Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why The Big Gretch Needs To GO!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: Why The Big Gretch Needs To GO!

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:54 am

paul8539 wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:31 am
There are two other things to add to BMW's list

3 - What do you intend to do about the tanking economy?

4 - How well have the damn roads been fixed?

With the previous Democrat governor, she turned a recession into a statewide depression. The way things are going, this current governor will do the same thing. I have seen a few local roads here and there fixed, some re-done, some just patched. What will be done with the big bumps in rail crossings? Are they going to get more funding from the Feds to fix the roads?
There’s a federal infrastructure bill and a state one… there are roads being fixed so much that a lot of the detours have their own construction….

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:54 am

My gripe with the road construction is not so much that it isn't happening (as it is), but that it takes so damn long these days to complete. Up my way, the city of Standish, for example, has been torn up for way too long now with seemingly very little progress through there. And several years ago, it took more than a year to repave a 5-mile stretch of US-23 just north of East Tawas. Is this because of lack of workers? Too much red tape? What's the problem here?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:05 am

bmw wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:54 am
My gripe with the road construction is not so much that it isn't happening (as it is), but that it takes so damn long these days to complete. Up my way, the city of Standish, for example, has been torn up for way too long now with seemingly very little progress through there. And several years ago, it took more than a year to repave a 5-mile stretch of US-23 just north of East Tawas. Is this because of lack of workers? Too much red tape? What's the problem here?
A lack of workers. Many of h the non-interstate projects seem to have the same crews rotating through while things like concrete curing occur. So while happens one place they go work on something else. Then when it’s cured they stop that and come back to another project. It makes it 90x slower it seems.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:22 am

dchildress wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:03 am
She does need to go.

But more than 180 executive, dictatorial, and tyrannical orders relating to COVID alone can't be wrong, right?
https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-gover ... ncy-powers

Trump issued 220 executive orders in his four years as president, which I also do not agree with.
https://www.federalregister.gov/preside ... ive-orders

Witchmer issued more than 180 in less than a year! "Hold my Faygo, Trump!"

Like I've said, Dixon's bad ass will kick Whitmer's lame ass!
Executive orders by themselves aren't a bad thing, but they really should be TEMPORARY and followed up by legislation that takes over. The real question comparing the two above should be "What percentage were OVERTURNED because they were illegal or unconstitutional?" THAT is where Monarch Whitmer failed miserably!!

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:47 pm

The 'executive orders 'that Mrs. Mallory issued for COVID shutdowns were based on irrational panic. Restaurants did not need to close early, or shut down entirely. Because of these, many family owned restaurants closed permanently. Some survived; many did not. Somebody saw a picture of two people talking at a bar and said 'they are spreading COVID uncontrolled', so ALL restaurants and bars were shut down. Even up north. Some of the counties in the UP did not even see their first case of COVID until the Detroit area had over 400 deaths. Yet, they were forced to shut down because of all of the perceived problems in Detroit.

One advantage to this though: because the sit down restaurants were closed, I had to go through the drive throughs, and get less food. I lost 15 pounds during the period.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic