Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Why The Big Gretch Needs To GO!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Why The Big Gretch Needs To GO!

Post by audiophile » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:54 am

These laws need to be reformed, but we know the Big Gretch will veto all of them. https://www.mackinac.org/powers

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Re: Why The Big Gretch Needs To GO!

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:57 am

She needs to go because she's a fraud. She campaigned in 2018 as a moderate, bi-partisan governor. Then, before Covid, came what should have been a foreshadowing of how she would govern - executive orders shutting down various schools in the state due to cold weather. That was an abuse of power at the time, IMO, and then came Covid. She issued more executive orders than any other governor in the country.

Want to take a guess as to how many Executive Orders she issued that were Covid-related?

The answer....

Between March 13 and September 30, 2020, she issued 172 executive orders. That's 172 EO's in 201 days, or nearly 1 every single days for a half of a year. I don't know how she had time to anything else as all she was doing was writing one executive order after another - for more than 6 months.

And some of these were lengthy orders too. I just click on a random one and it took me here - https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/news/s ... r-2020-161

It would be interesting to do a word count and a page count on those 172 orders. I'm not sure I'm bored enough or have enough time to copy and paste them all. So I clicked on 10 random orders, they varied in length from a page and a half up to over 20 pages.

Word count: 18,710
Page count: 73

Assuming that is a random sampling, that extrapolates out to 1255 pages and 321,812 words.

And ALL OF IT UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Then throughout the debate, she pretended like she's bi-partisan and ready and willing to work with Republicans on any issue. That is such a lie. All she did was veto everything that came out of the Republican-led legislature.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:14 pm

Were all 176 actually determined to be unconstitutional? I knew many were, but never saw an actual tally.

It would be nice if some of the legislators would come out on record as to how "bipartisan" and cooperative she has been. Or not.

Would any of the local reporters actually ask those questions on air?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:37 pm

There are two things the media won't push Whitmer on:

1 - how she governed during Covid;
2 - whether she supports any restrictions whatsoever on abortion, including whether she believes partial-birth abortions should be legal.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:39 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:14 pm
Were all 176 actually determined to be unconstitutional? I knew many were, but never saw an actual tally.
An actual tally is hard to come by. I came up with 172 by searching the word "rescinded" on the michigan.gov website that has all of her executive orders listed, and 172 of them from the start of Covid until she was stripped of her power were marked in the title as rescinded. https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/news/s ... cinded&e=0

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:44 pm

bmw wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:37 pm

2 - whether she supports any restrictions whatsoever on abortion, including whether she believes partial-birth abortions should be legal.
I will say this and mark it on your calendar… I can’t stand Whitmer. Not at all. I voted for her and held my nose and had a dozen stiff drinks afterwards only because Dixon is utterly an empty suit. She doesn’t have any plans. If they ran a Joe O’Dea (Colorado) or a Mike DeWine (Ohio) non-Trumper I’d be finding everybody I could to vote for that person. Airheads don’t win elections.

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:12 pm

I'm Whitmer all the way. Hey, Trumpy supporters look past his misdeeds so it's only fair I can do the same for Whitmer. Besides, she's better than Dixon.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:16 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:44 pm
bmw wrote:

I will say this and mark it on your calendar… I can’t stand Whitmer. Not at all. I voted for her and held my nose and had a dozen stiff drinks afterwards only because Dixon is utterly an empty suit. She doesn’t have any plans. If they ran a Joe O’Dea (Colorado) or a Mike DeWine (Ohio) non-Trumper I’d be finding everybody I could to vote for that person. Airheads don’t win elections.
Then why is "Big Gretch" favored in this one?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:40 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:16 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:44 pm
bmw wrote:

Then why is "Big Gretch" favored in this one?
She’s many things… an airhead is not one of them.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:47 pm

Based on Dixon's decent debate performance, I don't think airhead would be accurate for her.

The problem with Whitmer is that she believes so much that isn't so.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:06 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:47 pm
Based on Dixon's decent debate performance, I don't think airhead would be accurate for her.

Ok how about empty suit? Complaining about the other person endlessly while you offer nothing as an alternative except “not what she did” is not a plan, platform or convincing argument.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:08 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:06 pm
audiophile wrote:

Ok how about empty suit? Complaining about the other person endlessly while you offer nothing as an alternative except “not what she did” is not a plan, platform or convincing argument.
Worked for Biden.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:25 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:08 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:06 pm
audiophile wrote:

Worked for Biden.
He offered plans for things thanks very much.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:12 am

My case in point - 8 EO bills just vetoed!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA135RnY

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:31 am

There are two other things to add to BMW's list

3 - What do you intend to do about the tanking economy?

4 - How well have the damn roads been fixed?

With the previous Democrat governor, she turned a recession into a statewide depression. The way things are going, this current governor will do the same thing. I have seen a few local roads here and there fixed, some re-done, some just patched. What will be done with the big bumps in rail crossings? Are they going to get more funding from the Feds to fix the roads?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic