Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Anyone covering the debate tonight??

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: Anyone covering the debate tonight??

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:49 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:14 pm
Whitmer got her butt kicked. She was completely exasperated on multiple occasions, and said 'I don't know what to say!' lol.

Dixon is clearly a better debator... she zinged her on 45 cent gas tax, Whitmer's BS clam of bipartisanship, nursing home debacle, and that the Supreme Court had stop her illegal EO'S.

Dixon proved she more than competent for job, the debate was a big plus for her.
EVERY bill she signed was bipartisan by math. It is mathematically impossible for her to sign a bill without Republican support. Look at the vetoes - her bipartisanship claim is horseshit.
bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:04 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:17 pm
The Dems must be a little anxious, because now they're bringing in the heavy hitters:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 565277007/
Obama's visit, Whitmer's campaign said, "will focus on the stakes of the race as access to abortion, voting rights and public education are at risk in Michigan."
Hmmmm....strangely absent from that list of issues is Michigan's economy. So Whitmer has decided she's going to win the race on abortion, voting rights, and public education?

She's in trouble. :D
Coincidentally, when Obama was in ANN ARBOR the day before the 2016 election, I knew things were clearly trending Trump's way.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:15 pm

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:50 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:15 pm
Bikers go to Dixon:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1576940082090897408

:blink
1.7 million views :o

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:51 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:50 pm
audiophile wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:15 pm
Bikers go to Dixon:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1576940082090897408

:blink
1.7 million views :o
8 billion people live on earth… the views could come from anywhere… a large percentage of any popular post there is bots. Ease up on the wow-o-meter…

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:53 pm

bmw wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
The Dems must be a little anxious, because now they're bringing in the heavy hitters:

Obama's visit, Whitmer's campaign said, "will focus on the stakes of the race as access to abortion, voting rights and public education are at risk in Michigan."
Hmmmm....strangely absent from that list of issues is Michigan's economy. So Whitmer has decided she's going to win the race on abortion, voting rights, and public education?

Or abortion really is the big issue and polling is stuck in a pre-Roe state… I think some of the shift recently, because it is absent a specific seismic event, is due to moving from Registered to Likely voters and using a low turnout electorate which relies on Democrats not showing up. That would give you a swing like we are seeing. I betcha the Democrats over perform the polls.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:07 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:53 pm
bmw wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Or abortion really is the big issue and polling is stuck in a pre-Roe state… I think some of the shift recently, because it is absent a specific seismic event, is due to moving from Registered to Likely voters and using a low turnout electorate which relies on Democrats not showing up. That would give you a swing like we are seeing. I betcha the Democrats over perform the polls.
According to polling abortion is #7. Economy is #1.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:22 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:07 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:53 pm
bmw wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

According to polling abortion is #7. Economy is #1.
According to which poll? There are lots of polls...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:39 pm

Last edited by audiophile on Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:42 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:39 pm
IIRC, it an NBC poll.

I haven't found original but this is similar:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA12ZOlM
My next question… if you’re a democrat is a tie in the elections overall a win? So for example very little lost if anything…

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:47 am

That is why Dixon's only ad should've gone and talked about COVID glad Dixon hit Bitchmer on COVID during the debate and I hope the money will come in for Dixon now with that great debate performance VS Bitchmer who she wishes it was a man and play the victim card love the GIF Big Grouch Bitchmer pissed off and not happy. She thought she had it in the bag and half-assed the debate and didn't take it seriously rope a dope method didn't work which is why she has the nickname of Bitchmer well she is a bitch and is not a good bitch at all.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:22 am

MasterB wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:47 am
That is why Dixon's only ad should've gone and talked about COVID glad Dixon hit Bitchmer on COVID during the debate and I hope the money will come in for Dixon now with that great debate performance VS Bitchmer who she wishes it was a man and play the victim card love the GIF Big Grouch Bitchmer pissed off and not happy. She thought she had it in the bag and half-assed the debate and didn't take it seriously rope a dope method didn't work which is why she has the nickname of Bitchmer well she is a bitch and is not a good bitch at all.
Hi Audio.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:46 am

MasterB wrote:
Dixon isn’t running any ads at all.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:39 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:22 am
MasterB wrote:
Hi Audio.
Hi MCRF - it's not me :rolleyes

Those words aren't even in my normal vocab...

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:24 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:39 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:22 am
MasterB wrote:
Hi Audio.
Hi MCRF - it's not me :rolleyes

Those words aren't even in my normal vocab...
No one believes that.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:26 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:46 am
MasterB wrote:
Dixon isn’t running any ads at all.
Her campaign is not, but Michigan Republicans and Betsy DeVos are running several attack ads along with the NRCC.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic