Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

When I see Tudor Dixon

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: When I see Tudor Dixon

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:35 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:06 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:47 pm
Apparently, there must not be any construction in Ann Arbor or Gratiot County. But l don’t know a single road in Macomb County not getting fixed. Education is getting more per pupil than ever before. Sorry, Matt. She’s going to get a second term.

Your best chance is to get John James rolling before 2026 for governor. I can definitely see a moderate winning that race.
John James already lost statewide twice… I can’t see the third time being a charm…
He will win his Congressional race against Marlinga. He is up 10.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:09 pm

Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:35 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:06 am
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:47 pm
Apparently, there must not be any construction in Ann Arbor or Gratiot County. But l don’t know a single road in Macomb County not getting fixed. Education is getting more per pupil than ever before. Sorry, Matt. She’s going to get a second term.

Your best chance is to get John James rolling before 2026 for governor. I can definitely see a moderate winning that race.
John James already lost statewide twice… I can’t see the third time being a charm…
He will win his Congressional race against Marlinga. He is up 10.
The key is statewide… he can win a red district… but I don’t see why running a 3rd, 10th or 32nd time statewide will make everyone suddenly love the guy.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:59 pm

I'll always vote for John James in a state-wide race he almost beat Peters in 2020 to become US Senator and did quite well VS Stabenow in 2018 which she should've won by double digits I hope Debbie loses in 2024 as she has done nothing for Michigan, and Stabenow can be beaten in my opinion if you can get a good candidate on the GOP side.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:03 am

MasterB wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:59 pm
I'll always vote for John James in a state-wide race he almost beat Peters in 2020 to become US Senator and did quite well VS Stabenow in 2018 which she should've won by double digits I hope Debbie loses in 2024 as she has done nothing for Michigan, and Stabenow can be beaten in my opinion if you can get a good candidate on the GOP side.
Michigan GOP and good candidate are polar opposites. Michigan is ever so slightly bluer than it is red and yet the state Republican Party fields candidates on the caliber of the sacrificial lambs in some northeastern state that would see its Republican slaughtered 70-30. It causes them to let winnable races get away. They are their own worst enemies.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:36 am

MasterB wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:59 pm
You have to get someone like Calley to run. If it were Calley v Whitmer, he would be up in the polls 4-5 points. I don't like Stabenow, but I will vote for her over some MAGAT.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Taco

Post by Taco » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:21 am

I don't like Stabenow, but I will vote for her over some MAGAT.
Agreed! Stab-Me-Now has been in office for way too long.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:24 am

Taco wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:21 am
I don't like Stabenow, but I will vote for her over some MAGAT.
Agreed! Stab-Me-Now has been in office for way too long.
First elected in 2000. She was the one that gave Spencer Abraham the boot. I forgot about him.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:03 am

When I see Tudor Dixon...

She is attractive, yea I said it..
Also I see a hopeless campaign to be the Gov of Michigan
I see (and keep hearing) "No Exceptions"
That's what this Gov race is all about, abortion and "No Exceptions"
I don't like Gretch
Her Covid policies were a disaster, she will win in a landslide and that really is disappointing
Never liked Whitmer from the day she was elected, as her first act as Gov was to raise the gas tax .45cents a gallon (which thankfully failed)
not try and help the citizens of Michigan, only take $$ out of their pockets as soon as she was elected
Can't wait (sarcasm) to see what her first act as the newly re-elected Gov of The State Of Michigan will be...
I mean how much $$ will she suck from the good people of Michigan knowing there are no ramifications to suffer...
Stay tuned...
Oh by the way, just a reminder voters... You stay home stay scared at the holidays while I and MY family enjoy the holidays together...(Gov Whitmer)

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:35 am

Mrs. Dixon is a right-wing conservative that was chosen just because she was so far right-wing. The current governor, Mrs. Mallory, is a left-wing feminist liberal, who was chosen 4 years ago just because she was so far left-wing. Is there a third candidate that we can choose from?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:00 am

paul8539 wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:35 am
Mrs. Dixon is a right-wing conservative that was chosen just because she was so far right-wing. The current governor, Mrs. Mallory, is a left-wing feminist liberal, who was chosen 4 years ago just because she was so far left-wing. Is there a third candidate that we can choose from?
There are all kinds of other folks. There always are.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:57 am

Lidoshuffle summed things up nicely. I more or less agree with those remarks.

Taco

Post by Taco » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:43 pm

Sounds like my family members are voting Dixon, they're hardcore Trumpers. They don't believe anything the media says. They'll yell out liar at the TV. They get their "conspiracy news" fix from shady YouTuber's. At least my vote will cancel out one of theirs. It's so bad that they think the Whitmer we see is an imposter and the "real Whitmer" is in Gitmo. It's lunacy. Trumpism and that QAnon shit is poison.

It's clear that I have a different point of view on all this Trumpism/QAnon trash. My family members are victims of this cult and it's bloody terrifying. I feel like there is absolutely nothing I can do.

For it is a human number

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:34 pm

That's over the top, but Whitmer probably should be in jail.

George Washington probably would have tossed her in the Potomac.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Taco

Post by Taco » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:55 pm

Over the top, YES! Completely agree! But on a serious note, I think all this denialism, Trumpism, QAnon stuff is ripping families apart. I find at times I just have to step away. It really is a concern to me. I'm know I'm not the only one dealing with family members going deep into the rabbit hole.
audiophile wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:34 pm
That's over the top, but Whitmer probably should be in jail.

George Washington probably would have tossed her in the Potomac.

For it is a human number

Taco

Post by Taco » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:04 pm

I just wanna elaborate a bit more on my previous reply. Considering everything, I don't have much faith in the Republican party. A large number of them that are running for office this coming midterm are deniers and lean to Trumpism. It would appear that some will accept the election results "if" they win but I get the impression if they lose they'll cry foul. One such example is the Arizona gubernatorial candidate, Kari Lake. The sad thing is that Governor Hobbs isn't even gonna do a debate. Big mistake. The Republican party seems too radicalized for my tastes. If these people are voted in, it will most likely pave a pathway for Trumpy to run in 2024.

For it is a human number

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic