Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

When I see Tudor Dixon

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Re: When I see Tudor Dixon

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:07 am

Lots of time left, and an incumbent under 50% is vulnerable. Dixon and her supporters need to get in sprint mode and point out how much of an abject failure Whitmer has been. The democrats are dumping boatloads into the race and trying to make it about abortion, even though, as Dixon pointed out, abortion views could not be more IRRELEVANT given that proposal 3 is expected to pass. Whitmer has nothing to hang her hat on, yet is more likely than not to win.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:21 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:07 am
Lots of time left, and an incumbent under 50% is vulnerable. Dixon and her supporters need to get in sprint mode and point out how much of an abject failure Whitmer has been. The democrats are dumping boatloads into the race and trying to make it about abortion, even though, as Dixon pointed out, abortion views could not be more IRRELEVANT given that proposal 3 is expected to pass. Whitmer has nothing to hang her hat on, yet is more likely than not to win.
She was at 50 in that poll.. but 55 in the Free Press Poll… where are you getting that she’s under 50%? Also a lot of people are mad about Abortion and it’s outpolling inflation by a fair bit in the very poll that puts Whitmer at 50 as a THE top issue. It would be political malpractice not to hit on it on Whitmers part. There was even a poll in North Dakota (!) for their only house seat.. nominally it’s Republican plus 23… the Republican was only up by 4 to a nobody Democrat… if this holds together it’s gonna be very ugly for the Republicans. I get that you want this to go the other way as badly as you might think Michigan has hope against Alabama in a playoff but it just isn’t so…

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:40 am

All Dixon needs to do is keep going to rallies with Marjorie green Taylor and she's a shoe in for governor. :rollin

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Taco

Post by Taco » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:08 am

I've never heard of Tudor Dixon before this candidacy run. I'm sure many others are in the same boat. I think people who aren't fans of Whitmer are most likely to vote for her. I don't think she's the candidate we need. And maybe I am missing something but I am not seeing what the Republican party sees in her. I just see a "radical Trumpist" in the making and we know how bad that has gone thus far with the QAnon/MAGA Republican crowd. Is that was Michigander's really want? Certainly not I. Truth be told I just don't trust Republicans anymore. They don't hold Trump accountable or denounce his actions or they turn a blind eye to any wrong doing. The Democratic party isn't perfect either, BUT it seems like a better option at this time.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:04 pm

Dixon doesn't have enough money to run her own ads, so the Gratiot County Republicans put together an ad for her and released it a couple days ago. Let's just say.....it's breathtakingly, astonishingly bad. So bad, Stephen Colbert spent nearly three minutes in his monologue last night ripping on it. Like GOP strategist Rick Wilson posted when he saw it, "Wait...someone PAID for this?" If you're running a serious campaign, how does this piece of crap ever get released?

(For anyone who plans to rip on it being sourced to HuffPost, that's the only place I found it online; but I watched Colbert's mocking of it on his show last night, so it's probably available elsewhere on the interwebs for anyone who is so inclined.)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tudor-di ... 76dbfa0ad2

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:47 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:21 am
Matt wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:07 am
She was at 50 in that poll.. but 55 in the Free Press Poll… where are you getting that she’s under 50%? Also a lot of people are mad about Abortion and it’s outpolling inflation by a fair bit in the very poll that puts Whitmer at 50 as a THE top issue. It would be political malpractice not to hit on it on Whitmers part. There was even a poll in North Dakota (!) for their only house seat.. nominally it’s Republican plus 23… the Republican was only up by 4 to a nobody Democrat… if this holds together it’s gonna be very ugly for the Republicans. I get that you want this to go the other way as badly as you might think Michigan has hope against Alabama in a playoff but it just isn’t so…
What gubernatorial candidates in Michigan think of abortion is completely irrelevant, as proposal 3 is going to pass. That is Dixon's point - it's extremely disingenuous for Whitmer to make this about abortion. I get why she's doing it - she has ZERO to run on. I know Trafalgar is a right leaning outlet, but their recent poll has the race as a 6 point contest. Dixon's campaign is saying internals indicate it is single digits, and Whitmer's campaign is spending like it's closer. I still think it's a long shot and it is getting late, but there is a reason Whitmer was too cowardly to move up the debate schedule...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:12 am

And when you say whitmer is disingenuous what I hear is that whitmer's campaign is extremely effective.

Disingenuous is when you call yourself a successful business person after bankrupting the family business. She's Betsy Devos's puppet pure and simple and I just don't see anyone in the state of Michigan interested in what the devices have to contribute to the leadership of this state.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:34 am

She's done a terrible job and needs to be booted. She has nothing that she can campaign on, so she is sticking to straw man attacks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:44 am

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:34 am
She's done a terrible job and needs to be booted. She has nothing that she can campaign on, so she is sticking to straw man attacks.
When your approval is in the mid-50’s it puts that position in a minority at best. Dixon is toast. The Republicans have abandoned her campaign already… she isn’t getting any money from the party. That speaks volumes.

Taco

Post by Taco » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:18 am

Tudor Dixon: Dangerous For Michigan

https://fb.watch/f_Dh5IO0Ti/

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:20 pm

Taco wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:18 am
Gretchen Whitmer: Dangerous For Michigan.
Agreed!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:17 pm

I noticed no Whitmer supporters are defending her lack of accomplishments...

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:17 pm
I noticed no Whitmer supporters are defending her lack of accomplishments...
We have more roads being fixed at once than anytime in either of our lifetimes. The detours have detours…

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:47 pm

Apparently, there must not be any construction in Ann Arbor or Gratiot County. But l don’t know a single road in Macomb County not getting fixed. Education is getting more per pupil than ever before. Sorry, Matt. She’s going to get a second term.

Your best chance is to get John James rolling before 2026 for governor. I can definitely see a moderate winning that race.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:06 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:47 pm
Apparently, there must not be any construction in Ann Arbor or Gratiot County. But l don’t know a single road in Macomb County not getting fixed. Education is getting more per pupil than ever before. Sorry, Matt. She’s going to get a second term.

Your best chance is to get John James rolling before 2026 for governor. I can definitely see a moderate winning that race.
John James already lost statewide twice… I can’t see the third time being a charm…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic