Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

When I see Tudor Dixon

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Rate This

Re: When I see Tudor Dixon

Post by Rate This » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:27 am

paul8539 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:49 am
A better candidate would have been James Craig, but 'somebody' would not let him on the ballot.
“Somebody” used a firm that provided thousands of fake signatures… that somebody was… James Craig.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:55 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:27 am
“Somebody” used a firm that provided thousands of fake signatures… that somebody was… James Craig.
Very good point.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:42 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:05 pm
Matt wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:18 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:15 am
kager wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:09 pm
Are either candidate's campaign ads directly attacking the other candidate?

I see TONS of attack ads on Dixon, but Whitmer is literally a shiny happy person in all of the ones her campaign's paying for (directly)...
Republicans are running attacks ads against Carl Marlinga.

I am sure that the Republicans are saving their attack ads until after the debate so that they can misquote Gretchen.
Misquote??? How about pointing out how badly she fucked up as a covid dictator. Anybody that supports her is either a partisan hack or an idiot.
Then apparently 55% of the state are idiots.
More like compliant sheep, who need their overlords to make all of their decisions for them. If "Karen" Whitmer tries this shit again, my hope is for widespread, majority disobedience among business owners. Particularly small business owners.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:41 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:42 am
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
kager wrote:

I see TONS of attack ads on Dixon, but Whitmer is literally a shiny happy person in all of the ones her campaign's paying for (directly)...

I am sure that the Republicans are saving their attack ads until after the debate so that they can misquote Gretchen.
Misquote??? How about pointing out how badly she fucked up as a covid dictator. Anybody that supports her is either a partisan hack or an idiot.
More like compliant sheep, who need their overlords to make all of their decisions for them. If "Karen" Whitmer tries this shit again, my hope is for widespread, majority disobedience among business owners. Particularly small business owners.
Like the barber in Owosso who was in reality doing quite well?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:06 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:42 am
Rate This wrote:
Matt wrote:
kager wrote:

I'd be careful who you call sheep give me the ass where your head has been lodged for a number of years...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:30 pm

I don't care for either of them. Is there a third candidate that we can choose from?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:59 pm

Actually, there is. There is Mary Budzuma who is libertarian, and I voted for her in 2014 when we had Snyder v Schauer.

https://youtu.be/SnVycCqCRzg
Last edited by MotorCityRadioFreak on Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:21 am

New poll from the Detroit News and WDIV looks very ugly for Tudor Dixon:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 535918007/

32.2% is all she got. I cannot remember the last time a gubernatorial nominee from one of the two major parties performed so poorly in polling so close to a general election. I'm not even sure if Geoffrey Fieger's numbers were ever that low when he ran in the 90s!

Just over 6% plan to vote for a third party candidate, which I found a little surprising. 3.5% of that vote is for the Libertarian candidate. Loony Donna (U.S. Taxpayers Party) grabbed only 0.7%.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:51 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:21 am

32.2% is all she got. I cannot remember the last time a gubernatorial nominee from one of the two major parties performed so poorly in polling so close to a general election. I'm not even sure if Geoffrey Fieger's numbers were ever that low when he ran in the 90s!

Just over 6% plan to vote for a third party candidate, which I found a little surprising. 3.5% of that vote is for the Libertarian candidate. Loony Donna (U.S. Taxpayers Party) grabbed only 0.7%.
I have yet to see a pro Dixon TV commercial on youtube. I don't watch over the air TV so maybe that's where her ads are playing. I've never actually seen her speak on any interview, it's like she's completely invisible and we're getting close to the election.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:43 am

The poll according to WWJ 950 suggests nearly half of Republican leaning female voters intend to vote for Whitmer.

Also, Dixon's favorability rating is a staggering poor 17.3 percent. Granted, a large percentage were undecided as to favorability.

Updated article:
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 535360007/

kager

Post by kager » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:55 pm

The TV PAC attacks on Dixon air often - almost relentlessly. I haven't seen or heard any attacking the opposition...

The TV Dixon campaign ads are non-existent.

Perma-grin's campaign ads are all positive, warm and fuzzy.

Little wonder the poll numbers...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:58 pm

kager wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:55 pm
The TV PAC attacks on Dixon air often - almost relentlessly. I haven't seen or heard any attacking the opposition...

She lost this one without even putting up a fight. And here I thought all you Republicans had so much to complain about with Whitmer, I've yet to figure out what it is.

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:19 pm

kager wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:55 pm

The powers that be in the party basically gave up without trying on her. They don’t have the money to throw at a long shot.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:45 pm

I did see a Dixon ad attacking Whitmer while watching Michigan VS Iowa it was about schools & Whitmer being woke should've gone with the COVID lockdowns & putting those that had COVID into nursing homes. Matt DePerno has no ads I haven't seen any from that loon doesn't have $$$. James Craig would've put up a fight against Bitchmer only if he would've checked the sigs so he could've stayed in the primary.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:50 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:21 am

Just for fun…
Fieger ended up at 37.8% and only won Wayne County. Gogebic, Gennessee and… Washtenaw (!) counties all voted for Engler who got 62.2%. The 1998 election was the last time any of those 3 went red.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic