Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer VS Dixon

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
FakeAndyStuart

Re: Whitmer VS Dixon

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:15 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:07 am
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:57 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:12 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:26 pm
bmw wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:14 am
Maybe the time has come to repeal the 19th Amendment :blink
Whoops, we forgot women could vote in KansasGreat satire article in the Washington Post.
audiophile wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:21 pm
Kansas already bans abortion after 20 weeks, except life the mother.

They also have strict informed consent notification requirements and only 4 clinics are still in operation there.

The NO vote left the law as-is, so I wouldn't rush to judgement on that despite the MSM's hype over it.
Boy do you have your head firmly shoved.. in the sand. In a state that always elects Republicans, and Trump won by a zillion votes, almost 50% of voters came out during a midterm election primary (let me translate.. snore) to make sure that the law stayed that way and keep their "elected representatives" from changing it and making it tougher. Wait til you see how they vote on those same elected reps in November.
You live in ohio.
Yes, I live in one of America's most politically fucked up state - OHIO! Where to avoid actually following the law, they just ask a panel of federal judges to help them gerrymander every possible district. Where the governor says one things to grieving Dayton residents, then goes back to Columbus and stabs them in the back. A state than can elect to federal offices both Sherrod Brown and Jim Jordan? A state where the 11pm Saturday night news usually sounds like this.. "A bus full of elementary school students drove into a river and killed them all.. that story up after a live report from Ohio Stadium because THE BUCKEYES WON!"

If it wasn't for family and a whole lotta possible money, I'd move in a heartbeat.
But MICHIGAN won, 42-27, in case you forgot.
As I've said before, I went to a backwater school in Dayton and don't have a dog in that hunt. And yeah WOO HOO! You've won The Game twice this CENTURY. Be proud.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:29 am

audiophile wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
bmw wrote:
Whoops, we forgot women could vote in KansasGreat satire article in the Washington Post.
audiophile wrote:

They also have strict informed consent notification requirements and only 4 clinics are still in operation there.

The NO vote left the law as-is, so I wouldn't rush to judgement on that despite the MSM's hype over it.
Boy do you have your head firmly shoved.. in the sand. In a state that always elects Republicans, and Trump won by a zillion votes, almost 50% of voters came out during a midterm election primary (let me translate.. snore) to make sure that the law stayed that way and keep their "elected representatives" from changing it and making it tougher. Wait til you see how they vote on those same elected reps in November.
To quote the words of your love triangle, James Carville... "It's the economy stupid".

Primaries are largely a wildcard. And people voting in Kansas will not have abortion on their mind this fall.
You're absolutely right, it is the economy, and it's not going to be easy... But it's not a presidential year, and midterm turnout is the key here. Also big events can change the pattern. Sept 11th happened a year before a midterm, and Bush's Republicans gained in both houses, against the previous and post patterns. Don't underestimate the pissed-offedness in the female voting sphere. And Trump announces a 2024 run before November? This could get really interesting.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:18 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:29 am
You're absolutely right, it is the economy, and it's not going to be easy... But it's not a presidential year, and midterm turnout is the key here. Also big events can change the pattern. Sept 11th happened a year before a midterm, and Bush's Republicans gained in both houses, against the previous and post patterns. Don't underestimate the pissed-offedness in the female voting sphere. And Trump announces a 2024 run before November? This could get really interesting.
If, despite the bias in the press, all those females would realize that the alternative to some sensible and science-based abortion legislation vs a "free-for-all" no limits at all on killing unborn kids, then over 50% would easily turn out on that alone in favor of the legislation.

It's bullshit that "the majority supports Roe vs Wade", when in fact the majority were willing to ACCEPT Roe-vs-Wade because there were still SOME limits. If you look at the breakdowns, very few support no limits.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:33 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:18 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:29 am
If, despite the bias in the press, all those females would realize that the alternative to some sensible and science-based abortion legislation vs a "free-for-all" no limits at all on killing unborn kids, then over 50% would easily turn out on that alone in favor of the legislation.

It's bullshit that "the majority supports Roe vs Wade", when in fact the majority were willing to ACCEPT Roe-vs-Wade because there were still SOME limits. If you look at the breakdowns, very few support no limits.
Most Democrats don’t support NO limits… 20 weeks is a reasonable limit. Fetal heartbeat and 6 weeks and whatever else they can come up with and no exceptions for rape, incest and health of the mother is a different thing. That’s where most Republicans had to go to get the nomination and it’s not where most of the voters are at on the issue. It’s the dog that caught the car.
Last edited by Rate This on Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:47 pm

I support 20-23 weeks. And if I had impregnated a woman, I would NEVER want her to get an abortion. But it's not my body, so it's not my choice.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:12 am

I don't believe judges or old white men ought to be restricting women's bodies in any fashion. Don't want an abortion? Don't get one. There I've once again solved the issue.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:17 am

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:12 am
I don't believe judges or old white men ought to be restricting women's bodies in any fashion. Don't want an abortion? Don't get one. There I've once again solved the issue.
Some people just have to be involved in everything.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:04 am

It's not about "women's bodies"is about the other human she in control of.

Just curious, do you support child protection services when they take a child from abusive moms and dads?? Should they have any power when parents or any adults cause intentional harm to kids... especially very, very young kids??

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:26 am

Any time I read or hear a man say "If... all those females would realize" I know I'm going to hear the latest pearl of wisdom.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:12 am

Mr. Peabody wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:12 am
The problem in my opinion is when they started letting judges overrule the law.
Should any 'ol judge be able to call it unconstitutional?

I'll agree this 1931 abortion law is unreasonable in 2022, I wouldn't have a problem with the Michigan Supreme Court saying in a majority vote that a Michigan law goes against the Michigan Constitution

But anymore, any cause can find a judge somewhere to rule in their favor. No matter whether you agree or disagree with the judgement, this is becoming a precedent everyone shouldn't want.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:16 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:15 am
Matt wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Matt wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
bmw wrote:
audiophile wrote:

You live in ohio.
Yes, I live in one of America's most politically fucked up state - OHIO! Where to avoid actually following the law, they just ask a panel of federal judges to help them gerrymander every possible district. Where the governor says one things to grieving Dayton residents, then goes back to Columbus and stabs them in the back. A state than can elect to federal offices both Sherrod Brown and Jim Jordan? A state where the 11pm Saturday night news usually sounds like this.. "A bus full of elementary school students drove into a river and killed them all.. that story up after a live report from Ohio Stadium because THE BUCKEYES WON!"

If it wasn't for family and a whole lotta possible money, I'd move in a heartbeat.
As I've said before, I went to a backwater school in Dayton and don't have a dog in that hunt. And yeah WOO HOO! You've won The Game twice this CENTURY. Be proud.
42-27 - and I think Hassan Haskins just scored again!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:17 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:16 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Matt wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Matt wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
bmw wrote:
audiophile wrote:

You live in ohio.

And down to earth they shall come.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:14 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:17 pm
Matt wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Matt wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Matt wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
bmw wrote:
audiophile wrote:

You live in ohio.

And down to earth they shall come.
Sad but true.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:02 am

Matt wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Matt wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Matt wrote:
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
bmw wrote:
audiophile wrote:

You live in ohio.

I can't figure out how to load just the video, but Rich Eisen did a better job of ragging on the Buckeyes

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/34357618

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:51 am

Mr, Mansplainer wrote:If, despite the bias in the press, all those females would realize that the alternative to some sensible and science-based abortion legislation vs a "free-for-all" no limits at all on killing unborn kids, then over 50% would easily turn out on that alone in favor of the legislation.
Let me mansplain to you, kind sir. This is about 10 year old girls being told they have to give birth. This is about doctors who are too scared to treat pregnant women until they get a legal opinion as to what they can and can't do. Pretty obvious there are no women on this board... and few of you actually talk to one on a regular basis.

Reasonable limits are fine.. but old while guy legislators writing the all the rules about medical care for women is what's driving this.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic