Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tudor Dixon Michigan's own Sarah Palin?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 15783

Re: Tudor Dixon Michigan's own Sarah Palin?

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:05 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:02 pm
The answer to your question is because state "experts" repeatedly told residents that the water is safe.
I'll not disagree with that. But the point of the my post you are responding to was the root cause.
The Flint water crisis was a series of missteps by both local and state officials.
Flint officials wanting to draw and treat water out of the Flint River is what started the dance.
When local anglers don't want to keep the fish they catch, that should of been Clue #1 for the City of Flint.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:54 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:42 am
TC Talks hates Dennis Muchmore because he hates the Meijer corporation.

The fact of the matter is Mr. Muchmore was the one man trying to help Flint residents get their concerns addressed. He was doing the right thing. Sadly, he was presented with lies and misinformation just like Flint's residents.

Dan Wyant was a disaster as MDEQ head and deserves much of the blame. So does former Flint mayor Dayne Walling, who remarkably has escaped scrutiny.
Why does he hate Meijer?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:49 am

Because they engaged in some arguably dirty tricks to try to get zoning approval for a new store in or near Traverse City.

Muchmore helped broker the deal that gave Meijer a piece of the former State Fairgrounds on Eight Mile Rd in Detroit. Some on the left were up-in-arms that the state sold portions of that (shitty and rundown) property to private developers.

I suspect those who actually live in the area appreciate the retailers who opened up new stores.

kager

Post by kager » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:52 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:17 pm
kager wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:16 pm
Dixon sure has had alot of people gunning for her in the week before the primary. Including Big Wretch? Well, maybe not directly...
Democrats launch last-minute $2 million ad buy to knock a GOP gubernatorial frontrunner
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA101ZEm

Let's see...

"Put Michigan First" is actually an estimated $2mil last minute ad buy backed by the Democratic Governors Association. Unlike the current governor's ads in heavy rotation touting her accomplishments, these single out Dixon in their attactics.

Would anyone need to see the member list of the DGA to understand who's really concerned about Dixon winning the primary?
It’s an acknowledgment that they think she’s gonna be the nominee.
You may have the nominee part right.

Indirect gunning for her opponent by the Wretch (hiding her involvement) ahead of their neck-neck November is possible, too.

Cunning.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:21 pm

kager wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:52 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:17 pm
kager wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:16 pm
Dixon sure has had alot of people gunning for her in the week before the primary. Including Big Wretch? Well, maybe not directly...
Democrats launch last-minute $2 million ad buy to knock a GOP gubernatorial frontrunner
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA101ZEm

Let's see...

"Put Michigan First" is actually an estimated $2mil last minute ad buy backed by the Democratic Governors Association. Unlike the current governor's ads in heavy rotation touting her accomplishments, these single out Dixon in their attactics.

Would anyone need to see the member list of the DGA to understand who's really concerned about Dixon winning the primary?
It’s an acknowledgment that they think she’s gonna be the nominee.
You may have the nominee part right.

Indirect gunning for her opponent by the Wretch (hiding her involvement) ahead of their neck-neck November is possible, too.

Cunning.
That’s not indirect involvement nor is it cunning… that’s what these organizations (DCCC, NRCC, NRSC, DSCC, DGA, RGA) do… they put money into races where it’s needed and it also means a candidate doesn’t have to spend anything on the attack. After all the Governors association bought the ad… they are trying to defend their own. As somebody who has watched this for 20 years… there’s nothing abnormal here at all…. It’s like breathing.

As for neck and neck… if she were a James Craig or one of the other folks that didn’t make it maybe… but Dixon was like the 4th or 5th tier person… it’s not like she would have been the nominee in a crowded field or have been Trumps endorsement. She’ll be lucky to hit the mid 40’s…

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:27 pm

Matt will be happy. Looks like Tudor will win the primary.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/michig ... rnors-race

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:32 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:27 pm

And be promptly demolished in the general. Should have found a better signature gathering company.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:58 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:32 pm

And be promptly demolished in the general. Should have found a better signature gathering company.
If Sarah Palin can be elected, I wouldn’t put it past Tudor. I will enjoy the debate if Dixon is brave enough.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:09 pm

Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:58 pm
Rate This wrote:

If Sarah Palin can be elected, I wouldn’t put it past Tudor. I will enjoy the debate if Dixon is brave enough.
We aren’t Alaska…

kager

Post by kager » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:13 pm

Rate This wrote:
We aren’t Alaska…
True.

We are the state many people living in Alaska now moved from during Carter 1.0...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:32 pm

kager wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:13 pm
Rate This wrote:
We aren’t Alaska…
True.

We are the state many people living in Alaska now moved from during Carter 1.0...
Huh? What are you talking about?

Deleted User 15846

Post by Deleted User 15846 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:25 am

:shock:

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:02 am

I'll preface this by saying what many others here on Buzzboard have said.
If she don't swim towards the middle a bit on the abortion issue, "she is toast". (someone used that phrase).

I'd like to see the entire interview between LeDuff and Dixon.
I got a feeling we're going to be seeing outtakes from this interview all over the place.
I just can't shag the feeling there's a little out-of-context going on here. Yeah, she's being rigid on the issue.
But was she really being THAT rigid?

Can anyone provide a link to that interview?
Thanks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:35 am

Part 1:

Part 2:

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:54 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:02 am
I'll preface this by saying what many others here on Buzzboard have said.
If she don't swim towards the middle a bit on the abortion issue, "she is toast". (someone used that phrase).

I'd like to see the entire interview between LeDuff and Dixon.
I got a feeling we're going to be seeing outtakes from this interview all over the place.
I just can't shag the feeling there's a little out-of-context going on here. Yeah, she's being rigid on the issue.
But was she really being THAT rigid?

Can anyone provide a link to that interview?
Thanks.
She said no exceptions except for the health of the mother. Watching both clips I can see why she was 4th or 5th tier before the top guys fell off with the signature thing… she can’t drill down and say any form of “I will do X if elected”. She’s gonna have a hard time running away from that in the general election where the Democrats are gonna have 3 main topics to discuss: Abortion, abortion and abortion. We will all have her words burned into our memories like a catchy jingle by Election Day. Those numbers for folks opposed to the Supreme Court decision overturning Roe V. Wade (58% say it’s energized them to vote) he gave her should scare the hell out of her campaign.

Some of this may be a lesson… you can’t just nominate a warm body and expect to win because 85% of the time the party out of power wins and that just happens to be you. Candidates still matter and the GOP has shot itself in the foot with some extremely weak ones this year so far.

Charlie LeDuff is a really strange guy. He gives off this slimeball in a back alley vibe when he’s asking questions.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic