Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Debate In GR 7/6/22

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
hanson

Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Debate In GR 7/6/22

Post by hanson » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:35 am

Not a peep from the righties about this. I'm sure they are all really embarrassed by this latest clown show. One of the worst was Bozo, moderator. I loved how he would read a question from a viewer and then change that question around to one of his own. Total BS.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Republican Gubernatorial Candidate Debate In GR 7/6/22

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:28 pm

The one here in Worn last week wasn’t much better. I know a fellow leftist who snuck in and took some audio. Let’s just say that it makes Bryce, kml, and Ben Zonia look intelligent in comparison. That’s pretty sad.
Last edited by MotorCityRadioFreak on Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:05 am

Only 2 I wouldn't vote for Ryan Kelley way too extreme and the big lie and Garrett as well. I'm either going to write in James Craig I'd have a brain fart and put G and not a C which wouldn't count or Dixon those are the 2 that could beat Whitmer in Nov. And I didn't watch the debate I have no interest in them all just talking points from both parties.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

hanson

Post by hanson » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:48 am

Here are some low-lights from the resumes of these losers.

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-202 ... f0eff8bd3d

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:33 pm

Gretchen is going to mop up the MI GOP in November

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:37 pm

Did the debate from Wednesday even air on TV in SE Michigan? I don't believe it did.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

hanson

Post by hanson » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:42 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:37 pm
Did the debate from Wednesday even air on TV in SE Michigan? I don't believe it did.
I think it showed only on TV8.

https://www.woodtv.com/news/elections/2 ... ry-debate/

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:44 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:37 pm
I think the news stations only got a few snippets in Warren so I would highly doubt they captured the whole GR debate.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:55 pm

I think it showed only on TV8.
I read WLNS in Lansing (WOOD's sister station) and Fox 32 in Northern Michigan also carried it.

Looks like it didn't air in Flint / Tri-Cities or Metro Detroit.

Nolan Finley in a column today rightfully acknowledges that the campaigns (including campaign messaging) of the GOP candidates is a mess and whomever is the nominee is unlikely to defeat Whitmer.

During my entire lifetime, every incumbent governor in Michigan was re-elected to a second term. The only incumbent governor in my lifetime to lose any reelection campaign was James Blanchard when he sought a third term in office, and that race was a squeaker.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:12 am

I didn't get an opportunity to peruse any of the gubernatorial GOP debates? I'm not going to be able to re-watch them on YouTube or wherever.

So of those who were able to view them, what did you think? Who shined? Who stunk? Who came across as relatively coherent?

Thanks

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:49 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:55 pm
Nolan Finley in a column today rightfully acknowledges that the campaigns (including campaign messaging) of the GOP candidates is a mess and whomever is the nominee is unlikely to defeat Whitmer.

During my entire lifetime, every incumbent governor in Michigan was re-elected to a second term. The only incumbent governor in my lifetime to lose any reelection campaign was James Blanchard when he sought a third term in office, and that race was a squeaker.
It will depend on how well the Republicans get people to vote against Whitner, compared to voting for the candidate (which at this point doesn't look like the best strategy).

I got some solid campaign literature from Tudor Dixon that reflects a "vote-against-Whitmer" strategy. The envelope reads "Will you join the grassroots effort to SHUT DOWN Gretchen Whitmer?" and features a smiling face of Dixon and a scowling face of Whitmer. The enclosed letter focuses on Whitmer's actions during the pandemic (executive orders, shutdown of "non-essential" businesses, closed schools, nursing home transfers, etc.). Voting against Whitmer will probably be a cathartic experience for many people who are trying to put the pandemic era behind them.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:49 am

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:49 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:55 pm

It will depend on how well the Republicans get people to vote against Whitner, compared to voting for the candidate (which at this point doesn't look like the best strategy).

I got some solid campaign literature from Tudor Dixon that reflects a "vote-against-Whitmer" strategy. The envelope reads "Will you join the grassroots effort to SHUT DOWN Gretchen Whitmer?" and features a smiling face of Dixon and a scowling face of Whitmer. The enclosed letter focuses on Whitmer's actions during the pandemic (executive orders, shutdown of "non-essential" businesses, closed schools, nursing home transfers, etc.). Voting against Whitmer will probably be a cathartic experience for many people who are trying to put the pandemic era behind them.
That's important. Dixon also needs to link Whitmer to President Dementia Joe, and VP Cackling Kamala...and include sound from both. There's an endless supply of material available.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

hanson

Post by hanson » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:56 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:12 am
I didn't get an opportunity to peruse any of the gubernatorial GOP debates? I'm not going to be able to re-watch them on YouTube or wherever.

So of those who were able to view them, what did you think? Who shined? Who stunk? Who came across as relatively coherent?

Thanks
They were all parroting info from fox, especially Nixon, who is coming to a theater near you. There were few new ideas. Little criticism of each other, except from the insurrectionist. He seemed to be a little high-strung. Apparently, he was embarrassed to be marched out of his home in front of his family. The covid-cure hawker was the most animated hoping to make a final sale. The racist was equally unimpressive. His idea of helping the over regulated agricultural industry is lowering the cost of diesel fuel. Good idea. He can go and buy millions of gallons of fuel and sell it to farmers at half of what he paid for it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:43 am

hanson wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:56 pm
In The Bleachers wrote:

Thanks
They were all parroting info from fox, especially Nixon, who is coming to a theater near you. There were few new ideas. Little criticism of each other, except from the insurrectionist. He seemed to be a little high-strung. Apparently, he was embarrassed to be marched out of his home in front of his family. The covid-cure hawker was the most animated hoping to make a final sale. The racist was equally unimpressive. His idea of helping the over regulated agricultural industry is lowering the cost of diesel fuel. Good idea. He can go and buy millions of gallons of fuel and sell it to farmers at half of what he paid for it.
Aren't all the GOP gubernatorial candidates racist? Which one are you referencing?

Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:12 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:43 am
hanson wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:56 pm
In The Bleachers wrote:

Thanks
Aren't all the GOP gubernatorial candidates racist? Which one are you referencing?
No, but the FLOTUS and most democrats are.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic