Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer is Anti-Choice

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Whitmer is Anti-Choice

Post by audiophile » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:15 pm

Whitmer is a school union hack. Hopefully we can bypass her veto this fall.

https://freebeacon.com/campus/gretchen- ... -michigan/

The worst part is she hurting the students of the worst preforming schools the most, which is likely minorities. Sad.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Whitmer is Anti-Choice

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:26 pm

Let's call the MI School petition what it is: a public school BUSTER. Betsy and company want to put public schools out of business through this voucher shit. Well, guess what? Poor families cannot afford private school. After Devos and co gut public education, they will hike the rates up and have nothing but private schools everywhere. They will make shit tons of money and then also dumb down the schools while indoctrinating with intolerance against the LGBT community. I see through all this shit.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:36 pm

What did the MEA and their elected supporters expect?

They oppose school of choice when the students will be going to a charter school. Yet have no problem offering school of choice to out of district students.

The reason smart parents are turning to charter schools is class size. 30+ kids in public elementary classes. I'm not kidding you. Ask around. A 5 minute Google search will bring up a hundred links saying "the smaller the class size, the better the learning".

I myself don't seem to hear of public school employees and officials rallying against school of choice when it's increasing the coffers of their own school.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:09 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:36 pm
What did the MEA and their elected supporters expect?

They oppose school of choice when the students will be going to a charter school. Yet have no problem offering school of choice to out of district students.

The reason smart parents are turning to charter schools is class size. 30+ kids in public elementary classes. I'm not kidding you. Ask around. A 5 minute Google search will bring up a hundred links saying "the smaller the class size, the better the learning".

I myself don't seem to hear of public school employees and officials rallying against school of choice when it's increasing the coffers of their own school.
Charter schools don't pay teachers shit. My friend quit her charter job and is making more money as a secretary.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:11 pm

As long as my tax dollars don't go to schools which involve religion, I'm open to ideas.

If these schools teach religious hate, they have no place in educating our children.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

tapeisrolling

Post by tapeisrolling » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:57 pm

When I see chat like this, I'm reminded of this story...
https://newsroom.unl.edu/announce/csmce/755/3329

Unless it is a 'special' charter or private school it is not required to admit all who show up at the door looking to get an education.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:01 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:15 pm

The worst part is she hurting the students of the worst preforming schools the most, which is likely minorities. Sad.
At least she sends her daughters to the public high school in East Lansing. Unlike many other anti choice Democrats that send their kids to high end, costly private academies. Biden, Harris, Schumer and Pelosi, all Union hacks against school of choice and vouchers all sent their kids to top notch private schools. "Let them eat cake."

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:21 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:01 pm
audiophile wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:15 pm

At least she sends her daughters to the public high school in East Lansing. Unlike many other anti choice Democrats that send their kids to high end, costly private academies. Biden, Harris, Schumer and Pelosi, all Union hacks against school of choice and vouchers all sent their kids to top notch private schools. "Let them eat cake."
I believe both her daughters go to Michigan.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:20 pm

Not when they were in high school

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:49 am

I went to a private school you can get a big class size the grade behind where I went to have had 35 students in the class trips they had 2 trips U.P. in 7TH grade and DC in 8TH grade as well. It was a religious school only one in Kazoo that wasn't a religious school which charter schools hurt Gagie school. I didn't go on the U.P. trip in 7TH grade which was either Fri night or Sat morning forget when they left I got 2 days off Mon & Tue and also DC I didn't go to either even know I want to visit DC someday. I was to be with the 7TH-grade class when the DC trip happen but I just stayed home I knew I'd have nothing to do no one cares LOL.

I'm for school choice the unions have too much power and don't care about the students in my opinion. I went to public school in high school and was put into special ED I was always on borderline mainstream I wasn't fully special ED now if I was in the public school I would've been in special ED sooner than in high school.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:32 pm

I know quite a few kids who went to East Lansing Public Schools and it's been kind of a model school system. It's not typical of most public schools the last I knew. Of course, Donald Miller the serial killer went there, but at the time he was just a trombone carrying band geek, who just seemed a little "different", according to fellow band geeks. Someone from my so called inner city high school became a cop and finally apprehended him. He was a band geek too.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:19 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:20 pm
EL Schools were better for her daughters than Forest Hills Central was for their mom. Stretch went to state.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:55 pm

Stretch?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:10 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:55 pm
Stretch?
Allegedly the first part of her HS nickname.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:19 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:20 pm
EL Schools were better for her daughters than Forest Hills Central was for their mom. Stretch went to state.
This is pretty damn misogynist, especially for you.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic