Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

FBI Arrests Ryan Kelley

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MichMash

FBI Arrests Ryan Kelley

Post by MichMash » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:30 am

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/loc ... an-kelley/

To paraphrase Martin Blank, if the FBI shows up at your door, chances are you did something to bring them there.

teetoppz28

Re: FBI Arrests Ryan Kelley

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:18 pm

And these are the best candidates the GOP can come up with to challenge Whitmer??

Side note: I'm waiting for the "The FBI is corrupt!!!" argument. :rollin

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:59 pm

The FBI was doing what it was told to do. Who sends FBI agents to a well known persons home to arrest them on a MISDEMEANOR charge? Political theater just in time for tonight's big telecast.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:09 pm

I agree that the timing is suspect.

That said, Kelley definitely has a few screws loose.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:42 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:09 pm

So when would an arrest be less suspect? Before an election? After an election? In the middle of a debate? Maybe while he's being sworn in? Why arrest him at all, let the felon just avoid justice altogether since apparently we wouldn't want an arrest to be too inconvenient for anyone. Appearances ya' know...

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:43 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:42 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

So when would an arrest be less suspect? Before an election? After an election? In the middle of a debate? Maybe while he's being sworn in? Why arrest him at all, let the felon just avoid justice altogether since apparently we wouldn't want an arrest to be too inconvenient for anyone. Appearances ya' know...
He was not charged with any felonies, just misdemeanors.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:51 pm

Felony? The lefties never let facts get in the way of a good narrative..

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:43 pm
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:42 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

He was not charged with any felonies, just misdemeanors.
Well shut my mouth and call me "biscuit", I guess that makes it OK then...

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:44 pm

Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:55 pm
Well shut my mouth and call me "biscuit", I guess that makes it OK then...
Where did Matt say that what he did was "ok"? Or are you just talking out of your ass to cover up the fact that you were talking out of your ass?

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:57 pm

Say what you want about this.
But whether it was a felony or a misdemeanor, or no charge at all, Kelley was at the Capitol on January 6th.
Seems to me Kelley should of realized just being there is enough of an elephant in the room that he should of never had his hat in the ring in the first place.

Can anyone honestly disagree?
I look forward to any of you making a credible argument that he would still be a good choice as the gubernatorial candidate for the Grand Ol' Party in November. I think it's over for him, even if he gets exonerated of all charges.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:00 pm

Mike Oxshort wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:57 pm
Say what you want about this.
But whether it was a felony or a misdemeanor, or no charge at all, Kelley was at the Capitol on January 6th.
Seems to me Kelley should of realized just being there is enough of an elephant in the room that he should of never had his hat in the ring in the first place.

Can anyone honestly disagree?
I look forward to any of you making a credible argument that he would still be a good choice as the gubernatorial candidate for the Grand Ol' Party in November. I think it's over for him, even if he gets exonerated of all charges.
No one is defending Kelley on here. The fact that his house was raided and he was publicly arrested for misdemeanor charges is very questionable.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:07 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:00 pm
No one is defending Kelley on here. The fact that his house was raided and he was publicly arrested for misdemeanor charges is very questionable.
So who's left? Tudor Dixon and Garrett Soldano. Which one would be the best choice to beat Whitmer?
Personally, I think Dixon will beat Soldano in the primary. As of right now anyway.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:13 pm

I'm just curious, since I can't find any; is there any precedent for the FBI raiding someone's home over a misdemeanor charge? Any precedent whatsoever? If there is, I'd love to read about it.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:13 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:07 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:00 pm
So who's left? Tudor Dixon and Garrett Soldano. Which one would be the best choice to beat Whitmer?
Personally, I think Dixon will beat Soldano in the primary. As of right now anyway.
You're forgetting about Kevin Rinke.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:20 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:13 pm
You're forgetting about Kevin Rinke.
Like I said in a previous post, I don't think any old white man can beat Whitmer. No matter how good of a case they make.
With Craig out of the picture, it's going to take somebody young and easy on the eyes with a heaping helping of camera charisma for the Grand Ol' Party to even have a chance.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic