Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Looks like James Craig's gubernatorial bid is dead

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Looks like James Craig's gubernatorial bid is dead

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:11 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:00 pm
Where is The Price is Right FAIL sound effect when ya need it?

I'd be posting that audio clip in honor of James Craig and Perry Johnson right now if I could find it!

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 496059001/

I will probably support Dixon in the primary.
Dixon is endorsed by Betsy DeVos. If she wasn't, I might support her in the primary.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:49 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:

I'd be posting that audio clip in honor of James Craig and Perry Johnson right now if I could find it!

You sure? https://youtu.be/x9_26MbmG5Y

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:17 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:49 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

You sure? https://youtu.be/x9_26MbmG5Y
Gretchen Whitmer should be fired today. We'll have to settle for booting her in November.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:09 am

Whitmer will win reelection in all likelihood. Her approval rating is hovering around 50 percent. (Biden's approval rating is far lower in Michigan - mid 30s.)

So, the fact our gubernatorial election falls in a non-Presidential election year, at least in this year's instance, will likely help Whitmer unfortunately.

Would be nice if the MI House would get off its ass and pass the gas tax holiday legislation that the Senate recently passed on a nearly unanimous vote. Whitmer, whose mouthpiece initially expressed support for the legislation, has more recently become very wishy washy regarding it.

The pause would only be for three months, and the state is awash in revenue. It should be signed into law.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:58 am

As an independent I can vote "either way" or a third way in any given race.
My choice is always the lesser of two evils as I perceive the options.
For me Whitmer hasn't been such a disaster that I would vote her opponent no matter who.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:13 pm

As far as James Craig and Perry “the Zombie” Johnson go, they got EXACTLY what they deserved. You’re paying a signature gathering company $20 PER SIGNATURE for your petitions? You’re damn near inviting this to happen. Then you never bother to take a signature sample yourself? C’mon

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:18 pm

At least Republicans aren't the party claiming voting fraud or stolen elections. That would be pretty embarrassing...
In its review last week of the nominating petitions, the Michigan Bureau of Elections issued a stinging criticism of the methods used by the candidates’ campaigns to collect signatures and the operatives working for the candidates.

“The bureau is unaware of another election cycle in which this many circulators submitted such a substantial volume of fraudulent petition sheets consisting of invalid signatures,” the bureau said.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:49 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:09 am
Whitmer will win reelection in all likelihood. Her approval rating is hovering around 50 percent. (Biden's approval rating is far lower in Michigan - mid 30s.)

So, the fact our gubernatorial election falls in a non-Presidential election year, at least in this year's instance, will likely help Whitmer unfortunately.

Would be nice if the MI House would get off its ass and pass the gas tax holiday legislation that the Senate recently passed on a nearly unanimous vote. Whitmer, whose mouthpiece initially expressed support for the legislation, has more recently become very wishy washy regarding it.

The pause would only be for three months, and the state is awash in revenue. It should be signed into law.
I think Whitmer will sign it. If she doesn't, she faces tons of attack ads that would be valid criticism. You don't veto gas tax cuts during rapid inflation in an election year.

Audacity sucks.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:08 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:09 am

This constant authoritarian use of the word "pause" (used in this Whitmer like context) is very annoying. It generally precedes darkening skies, hardship, and bad things to come. Seriously, stop it.

I am all for adding it to Lake Superior State's annual list of banned phrases.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:32 pm

Pause is easier to type than suspension. :blink

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:48 am

Maybe James Craig can mount a campaign for write-in votes.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:27 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:48 am
Worked for Duggan. Everyone was saying he didn't stand a chance getting elected as a write in.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:54 am

In The Bleachers wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:27 pm
paul8539 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:48 am
Worked for Duggan. Everyone was saying he didn't stand a chance getting elected as a write in.
Splitting the CON vote is cool by me.

Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic