Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Does She Want Some To Vote More Than Once?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Does She Want Some To Vote More Than Once?

Post by Bryce » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:15 am

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Friday vetoed legislation that would include information on an absentee ballot application informing a potential voter it is a felony to vote more than once in the same election.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 591943002/
"Every citizen of Michigan has a constitutionally guaranteed right to vote and should be free to exercise this right without obstruction," Whitmer wrote.
I'm confused as to how putting factual information on an absentee ballot could be viewed as obstruction. Unless of course she doesn't mind if some voters, unaware of the law, are encouraged to vote more than once.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Re: Does She Want Some To Vote More Than Once?

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:09 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:15 am
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Friday vetoed legislation that would include information on an absentee ballot application informing a potential voter it is a felony to vote more than once in the same election.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 591943002/
"Every citizen of Michigan has a constitutionally guaranteed right to vote and should be free to exercise this right without obstruction," Whitmer wrote.
I'm confused as to how putting factual information on an absentee ballot could be viewed as obstruction. Unless of course she doesn't mind if some voters, unaware of the law, are encouraged to vote more than once.
She's awful. There is no justifiable reason for this veto.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:35 am

I took a minute to actually read the bill in question. Didn't just rely on the media to tell me what to think.
(I know, what a concept, right?)

I see where this same bill also calls for the electorate to prove who they are. Valid state issued ID. Ponder if that may be the portion of this piece of legislation that our governor is opposing?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:59 am

In The Bleachers wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:35 am
I took a minute to actually read the bill in question. Didn't just rely on the media to tell me what to think.
(I know, what a concept, right?)

I see where this same bill also calls for the electorate to prove who they are. Valid state issued ID. Ponder if that may be the portion of this piece of legislation that our governor is opposing?
You should need to prove your identity to vote. I have to prove it in Ann Arbor.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:50 pm

Vote Early Vote Often!!!

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:20 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:59 am
You should need to prove your identity to vote. I have to prove it in Ann Arbor.
I am in total agreement with you.
Do we not all have ID?
Is there ANYONE on Buzzboard that does not have state issued identification?
What's the big deal with showing something that every adult should be carrying anyway?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic