Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A rare rebuke by the Detroit Free Press against a Democrat in prominent elected office!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: A rare rebuke by the Detroit Free Press against a Democrat in prominent elected office!

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:55 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:29 am
Run from the cops and try to steal their weapon, win a stupid prize. Period. I don't care what race you are. I don't care what race the cop is. When you do things this stupid, you get whatever you have coming to you.

Maybe if Patrick had watched Chris Rock's PSA, he's still be alive today.

It may shock some, but I agree with BMW on this with all information I have heard so far. You cannot reach for an officer's taser. Was the officer stupid for running after him and could he have waited for backup? Yes. Did he "execute" him as some (including most Democrats) have said? No. If he had shot the officer with a taser, he is incapacitated and could have been killed if this guy stole his gun.

This is one of those cases that needs to go to court so all information can be clarified. I also don't buy that he intentionally shut off the body cam. The third party recording shows a clear struggle.

Like I said, let's hear more on this. What has been his record?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: A rare rebuke by the Detroit Free Press against a Democrat in prominent elected office!

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:20 pm

Lyola has been convicted of three auto thefts previously. He has never been charged with possessing a firearm or knife in commission of a crime, to the best of my knowledge.

He was convicted as a misdemeanor offender on all three occasions, which is astounding to me. I presume he accepted plea deals, but I do not know for sure. I perhaps could understand a misdemeanor conviction on the first offense, but instances two and three should have been felonies.

His driver's license had also been revoked, although I've not seen any explanation as to why.

I've not seen any friends or co-workers speak about him on camera. His father claimed he was employed at a small auto parts manufacturing facility, but I am skeptical.

Does he bear some culpability for his own demise? Certainly.

I hope protests in GR remain peaceful. There were big issues downtown in the wake of George Floyd's murder (arson, malicious destruction, etc).

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:29 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:20 pm
Lyola has been convicted of three auto thefts previously. He has never been charged with possessing a firearm or knife in commission of a crime, to the best of my knowledge.

He was convicted as a misdemeanor offender on all three occasions, which is astounding to me. I presume he accepted plea deals, but I do not know for sure. I perhaps could understand a misdemeanor conviction on the first offense, but instances two and three should have been felonies.

His driver's license had also been revoked, although I've not seen any explanation as to why.

I've not seen any friends or co-workers speak about him on camera. His father claimed he was employed at a small auto parts manufacturing facility, but I am skeptical.

I hope protests in GR remain peaceful. There were big issues downtown in the wake of George Floyd's murder (arson, malicious destruction, etc).
Now we know why Jocelyn Benson wanted to hide his record and have more evidence that she is unfit for duty.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:34 pm

It has been very difficult to retrieve news articles regarding Lyola's "history."

Most news outlets refuse to report on that, and Google has made it very difficult to find such info when performing a search.

News 8 is the one news outlet who reported on his conviction history, but the report has since been seemingly removed from the station's web site. I was only able to find a republication of their report in a most bizarre location (and it took me flipping through ten or eleven pages' worth of Google results to find it).

The Free Press reported on his driver's license revocation; perhaps others did, too.

Within a day of initially announcing the aforementioned policy change, Benson's office quickly rescinded it. Perhaps the AG's office picked up the phone and said to Benson, "WTH are you doing?"

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:59 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:29 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:20 pm

Now we know why Jocelyn Benson wanted to hide his record and have more evidence that she is unfit for duty.
What would Jocelyn have to gain by hiding his record? She was not the one sentencing him in the previous cases.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic