Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Verdicts in Whitmer kidnapping trial have been read

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Verdicts in Whitmer kidnapping trial have been read

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:31 pm

I am very disheartened by the outcome. Fox and especially Croft are very dangerous men who need to be locked up!

Not terribly surprising given the location of the trial (Kent County).

I hope the cases against Fox and Croft are re-tried.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Verdicts in Whitmer kidnapping trial have been read

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:46 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:31 pm
I am very disheartened by the outcome. Fox and especially Croft are very dangerous men who need to be locked up!

Hard to get a neutral jury in Trump land. The case should have been held near Lansing.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:23 am

I didn't follow this really closely, but I'd really like to know more of the details on the FBI agents or informants actions in this whole debacle. I know what we're told via the sensationalized media reports, but what actually was the truth?

Could/would the individuals actually pull off this plan without the help and guidance of those agents/informants, or were they just a bunch of hicks talking smack? Obviously the jury wasn't too convinced that they could have done it alone.

Forcing folks to plea to a crime under the threat of using the full weight and power (and virtually unlimited resources) of the Federal Government should be concerning to us all. Especially true when they allow someone to plea to a lesser crime, but use the threat of the maximum crime as a leverage, even knowing they could probably never actually get a conviction on that maximum crime.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:52 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:46 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:31 pm

Hard to get a neutral jury in Trump land. The case should have been held near Lansing.
This is a hack response, or you just don't understand how the justice system works.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:52 pm

Watched a lot of Law and Order, it's always difficult to convict people of thinking about committing a crime without actually committing it.

This isn't a Philip K Dick story.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:55 pm

Seems like the FBI entrapment defense loomed large.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:24 pm

I'm pretty much in agreement with what most on this thread are saying. From all I've read, I get the consensus that a bunch of guys with a belly full of beer were talking trash. No intent of actually doing anything.

Just like the little voice that goes off in your head when someone cuts you off. "I'd like to ram him into a telephone pole".
Let's hope you're not an Uber driver giving an FBI agent a ride.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:52 pm

I can't say I followed the trial close enough to have an opinion on the verdict of acquittal.
I will say getting a 12-0 vote is pretty definitive.
I will also say in my opinion given an imperfect system letting a guilty man go free is the lesser evil to locking up an innocent man

I no longer directly engage trolls

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:17 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:52 pm
I can't say I followed the trial close enough to have an opinion on the verdict of acquittal.
I will also say in my opinion given an imperfect system letting a guilty man go free is the lesser evil to locking up an innocent man
That opinion says you are against the death penalty.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:37 pm

FakeAndyStuart wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:17 pm
craig11152 wrote:
I am against the death penalty for that exact reason.
Why would you bother to bring that up?
Hoping for a "gotcha" moment?

I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:47 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:37 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
I think he has you pegged as a conservative. I'm fairly right leaning, and I'm also against the death penalty. This is true of several right-leaning posters. #gotchafail

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:21 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:24 pm
I'm pretty much in agreement with what most on this thread are saying. From all I've read, I get the consensus that a bunch of guys with a belly full of beer were talking trash. No intent of actually doing anything.

Just like the little voice that goes off in your head when someone cuts you off. "I'd like to ram him into a telephone pole".
Let's hope you're not an Uber driver giving an FBI agent a ride.
Which is scary when the "thought police" get in power and start making laws or looking for convictions based just on what they believe you were thinking, rather than just someone's actual actions.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:35 am

I thought everyone would've been found guilty no way I could let anyone be found not guilty I wasn't following the trial all that much.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

FakeAndyStuart

Post by FakeAndyStuart » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:50 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:37 pm
FakeAndyStuart wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
Nope not at all, just showing that in this day and age of partisan rancor and rage, there are people like you who have consistent and reasonable opinions. I totally agree, the possibility of executing one innocent person is not worth it... I'm sure we don't agree on many other topics but at least there might be some starting ground for further discussions.

Deleted User 15783

Post by Deleted User 15783 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:12 am

MasterB wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:35 am
I thought everyone would've been found guilty no way I could let anyone be found not guilty I wasn't following the trial all that much.
It seems since the first indictment, the defendants have been saying it was the informants that were doing cartwheels with a set of pom-poms encouraging the rest "Let's Do This".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic