Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

John James to run in the 10th district for U.S. House

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

John James to run in the 10th district for U.S. House

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:18 am

Source: 950 WWJ.

This one surprised me. The 10th district primarily lies within Macomb County.

Was hoping he would run in the 12th. He evidently thinks he has a much better chance of winning in the 10th. He is probably correct.

audiophile

Re: John James to run in the 10th district for U.S. House

Post by audiophile » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:21 am

Depends on where he lives, I would think.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:04 am

I believe he currently resides in Farmington Hills, so he will need to change his place of primary residence.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:27 pm

I am not surprised. He has already ran for office three times. He's going to win now that Andy Levin is out of district. In fact, fascist sympathizer James announced unofficially that he was moving into the district and going to compete several weeks ago.

Mayor Michael Taylor was going to run on the Democratic side, but the UAW and others balked because he supported Trump in 2016 then endorsed Biden in 2020. Angela Rogensues is running, but she is polling at 2% per my sources. Establishment candidate and judge Carl Marlinga plans to run and figures to be the likely nominee unless Huwaida Arraf can do a better fundraising blitz. She polls at 18%. I believe she lives in the district's newly added area of the east side of Detroit.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:28 am

Good luck to John James hope he wins and builds that record in congress I'll always vote for him if he ever runs statewide again almost beat Peters.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:14 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:27 pm
I am not surprised. He has already ran for office three times. He's going to win now that Andy Levin is out of district. In fact, fascist sympathizer James announced unofficially that he was moving into the district and going to compete several weeks ago.

Mayor Michael Taylor was going to run on the Democratic side, but the UAW and others balked because he supported Trump in 2016 then endorsed Biden in 2020. Angela Rogensues is running, but she is polling at 2% per my sources. Establishment candidate and judge Carl Marlinga plans to run and figures to be the likely nominee unless Huwaida Arraf can do a better fundraising blitz. She polls at 18%. I believe she lives in the district's newly added area of the east side of Detroit.
Fascist? Give me a break.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:19 am

Fascist? John James? That is Whoopi Goldberg territory twisted logic. Quit watching The View.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:12 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:19 am
Fascist? John James? That is Whoopi Goldberg territory twisted logic. Quit watching The View.
A big government to make you do what they want type. Sounds right to me.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:38 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:14 am

Why did he run the commercials with the swastikas? Very obvious who he nodded towards.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:19 pm

Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:38 pm
audiophile wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:14 am

Why did he run the commercials with the swastikas? Very obvious who he nodded towards.
IIRC, that context was clearly toward the pro-lockdown government officials.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:18 pm

Lol, John James is amusing. Isn't he the guy who talks about building businesses, but whose family runs a trucking company and handed him an exec position and who talks trash about career politicians but who can't stop running for office and losing? He has the look and background that makes him an acceptable black for conservatives. He's one of these "privatize social security" idiots, though and his thoughts on abortion are nauseating.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:39 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:18 pm
Lol, John James is amusing. Isn't he the guy who talks about building businesses, but whose family runs a trucking company and handed him an exec position and who talks trash about career politicians but who can't stop running for office and losing? He has the look and background that makes him an acceptable black for conservatives. He's one of these "privatize social security" idiots, though and his thoughts on abortion are nauseating.
Yep, he makes for a great token for the GOP.

Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:16 am

Michael Taylor would have been an interesting candidate. I thought he did a very good job running Sterling Heights. His city is in much better shape than neighboring Warren.

Haley Stevens is running in the 11th, not the 10th, so the Dems' refusal to embrace Taylor is confounding to me. Marlinga would be a weak candidate.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:57 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:16 am
Michael Taylor would have been an interesting candidate. I thought he did a very good job running Sterling Heights. His city is in much better shape than neighboring Warren.

Haley Stevens is running in the 11th, not the 10th, so the Dems' refusal to embrace Taylor is confounding to me. Marlinga would be a weak candidate.
I think it will go down as a massive mistake, but that's the Macomb Dems for you. The Phil Hart Democratic club played games with Steve Bieda in 2018, and we ended up with Karen Spranger(R) and Anthony Forlini(R) as clerks after the general electorate rejected Fred Miller once in 2014 and again in 2018. https://www.macombdaily.com/2018/08/04/ ... nty-clerk/

Audacity sucks.

kager

Post by kager » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:10 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:12 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:19 am
A big government to make you do what they want type. Sounds right to me.
Sounds way left to me.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic