Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

You've gotta be kidding me...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

You've gotta be kidding me...

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:10 pm

The fact this vile lady was sentenced to only 90 days' jail time in the first place was an outrage.

The appellate court's decision to vacate the sentence and its order for the trial court to dismiss all charges is an even bigger outrage.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 985174002/

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Re: You've gotta be kidding me...

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:00 pm

Why should we care? She's not violent.

Let's keep bad people in jail.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:02 pm

I bet many former MSU gymnasts would disagree with you.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:30 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:02 pm
I bet many former MSU gymnasts would disagree with you.
Oh she's a slimebag for sure, just not a violent criminal.

If justice worked the way you are suggesting, Trump, Flynn, Rudy, Ivanka, Kushner and Stone would be in Jail.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:52 pm

I remember when she got convicted and sentenced. What a piece of 💩💩💩. Why the fuck would you NOT contact the authorities?

Hoping that something in the article comes true I.e. Nessel appeals this decision to the Michigan Supreme Court, as Court of Appeals got this wrong.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:43 pm

Realist wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:52 pm
I remember when she got convicted and sentenced. What a piece of 💩💩💩. Why the fuck would you NOT contact the authorities?

Hoping that something in the article comes true I.e. Nessel appeals this decision to the Michigan Supreme Court, as Court of Appeals got this wrong.
I wouldn't count on Nessel - look what happened in regards to Oxford: https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi ... 971182002/

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:31 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:43 pm
Realist wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:52 pm

I wouldn't count on Nessel - look what happened in regards to Oxford: https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi ... 971182002/
Yea, she's got fresh waters mussels to protect.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:53 am

Some of the people you named should indeed be sitting in jail, TC Talks.

That said, the lady in question here turned a blind eye to the repeated sexual assaults of young women - even minors, and in fact, created an environment of fear for those who dare speak up. I am glad to see you at least agree she is a slimeball.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:35 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:53 am

That said, the lady in question here turned a blind eye to the repeated sexual assaults of young women - even minors, and in fact, created an environment of fear for those who dare speak up. I am glad to see you at least agree she is a slimeball.
Exactly like what Bo did at Michigan with Anderson. Yet nothing from Michigan apologists on this board demanding Bo's name and likeness be removed from all things U of M. Anything to protect the legacy of the team, the team, the team. Save us your faux outrage over Klages.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:55 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:53 am
Some of the people you named should indeed be sitting in jail, TC Talks.

There is plenty of hypocrisy when it comes to turning a blind eye. I just don't see white girls from privileged homes being more of a priority than other victims of abuse.

― Noam Chomsky

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:19 pm

Graham - I suggest you go back and read my posts regarding the Anderson fiasco at U-M before you paint with such a wide brush.

I 100 percent agree that Bo's statue should've been removed months ago. I also strongly believe many university employees, coaches, etc. in Michigan's athletic program knew of Anderson's antics but stayed quiet because they are cowards. I include Bo in that group.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:08 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:19 pm
Graham - I suggest you go back and read my posts regarding the Anderson fiasco at U-M before you paint with such a wide brush.

I 100 percent agree that Bo's statue should've been removed months ago. I also strongly believe many university employees, coaches, etc. in Michigan's athletic program knew of Anderson's antics but stayed quiet because they are cowards. I include Bo in that group.
Which employees in the current leadership had anything to do with U-M when Anderson was ALIVE, let alone last employed by the university 18 YEARS ago? Nassar was arrested 5 years ago and these people are still alive. This is NOT an apple to apple comparison.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:47 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:08 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:19 pm

Which employees in the current leadership had anything to do with U-M when Anderson was ALIVE, let alone last employed by the university 18 YEARS ago? Nassar was arrested 5 years ago and these people are still alive. This is NOT an apple to apple comparison.
AD? Being a MICHIGAN man and connected to Bo permeates more than coaching there.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:04 am

You're adding qualifiers, Matt, that were not part of my comments above. The fact of the matter is U-M institutionally failed Anderson's victims over a period of multiple decades, starting in the 70s. Current leadership failed to remove Bo's statue, for what that's worth. I guess they don't care if they kick sand in the face of Anderson's victims.

It is hard to say for certain how current leadership at U-M would've responded to the allegations against Anderson had MSU's disastrous public response (and major blowback from the general public) to the allegations against Nassar not occurred first.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:59 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:04 am
You're adding qualifiers, Matt, that were not part of my comments above. The fact of the matter is U-M institutionally failed Anderson's victims over a period of multiple decades, starting in the 70s. Current leadership failed to remove Bo's statue, for what that's worth. I guess they don't care if they kick sand in the face of Anderson's victims.

It is hard to say for certain how current leadership at U-M would've responded to the allegations against Anderson had MSU's disastrous public response (and major blowback from the general public) to the allegations against Nassar not occurred first.
Again, Moeller and Carr are alive. Bo knew, but they didn't? Come on...
Last edited by Matt on Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic