Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan Admists Masks Don't Work

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Michigan Admists Masks Don't Work

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:20 pm

From the MI COVID response Data and modeling update:
Case rates in 5–18-year olds have become more
similar across mask rule types
In fact, according to their chart, case rates are currently highest in schools with mask mandates.

Even so, they say...
• It remains important to
mask up in indoor settings
(schools and otherwise) to
prevent transmission
Huh?

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/coro ... df#page=51

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Re: Michigan Admists Masks Don't Work

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:34 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:20 pm
In fact, according to their chart, case rates are currently highest in schools with mask mandates.

Even so, they say...
prevent transmission
Huh?

The school that I am associated with this had two cases had a mask mandate the entire time. Quit selling your bullshit. There are plenty of variables and trying to lead us down the road to be unsafe is just irresponsible.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:24 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:34 pm
Bryce wrote:

Even so, they say...
prevent transmission
Huh?

The school that I am associated with this had two cases had a mask mandate the entire time. Quit selling your bullshit. There are plenty of variables and trying to lead us down the road to be unsafe is just irresponsible.
He’s overlooking the fact that places with mask mandates will probably be places that have more students and would logically have higher case numbers as a result. It’s hard to have cases with few people to pass it around and not going anywhere with lots of people like a major city helps too.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:33 am

TC Talks wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Even so, they say...
prevent transmission
Huh?

I'm being irresponsible? This is from the State of Michigan. If masks work so well, why don't they? Masks are being worn pretty much everywhere these days, yet case rates keep climbing. YOU and your ilk stop selling bullshit simply to make people feel better.

I remember when we ran drills in grade school to hide under our chair in case of nuclear attack. Masks work about as well.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:09 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:33 am
TC Talks wrote:
Bryce wrote:

Even so, they say...
prevent transmission
Huh?

I'm being irresponsible? This is from the State of Michigan. If masks work so well, why don't they? Masks are being worn pretty much everywhere these days, yet case rates keep climbing. YOU and your ilk stop selling bullshit simply to make people feel better.

I remember when we ran drills in grade school to hide under our chair in case of nuclear attack. Masks work about as well.
Did you sell that house in the ultra-Trumpy area and move to Downtown Ann Arbor or something? Almost nobody is wearing them in public…

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:14 pm

I was just in Ann Arbor last Wednesday, it was 50/50.

Where I am today has ridiculously low cases, and everyone wears masks everywhere. My data is just as valid as yours...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:45 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:14 pm

Where I am today has ridiculously low cases, and everyone wears masks everywhere. My data is just as valid as yours...
Well I have to admit you have a point. The data I was using was compiled by the governmental office in the state of Michigan so it probably should be circumspect.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:56 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:45 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:14 pm

Well I have to admit you have a point. The data I was using was compiled by the governmental office in the state of Michigan so it probably should be circumspect.
I agree that listening to the cries of idiots has influenced the decision making in Lansing.
"I'm a little mystified as to why we aren't talking more about masking," says Dr. Emily Landon, an infectious disease physician at the University of Chicago. "We want to avoid having hospitals be overwhelmed. We want to avoid having an impact on our economy. And the best way to do that is to keep cases as low as possible, and that means having a mask mandate in place."

Here's what we know about mask requirements and the role they can play in helping to slow the spread of COVID-19.

Can masks help stop omicron?
Given what's known about the variant so far, yes. SARS-CoV-2 is still a respiratory virus, which means it's still going to mostly spread from an infected person breathing, coughing or sneezing out the virus and someone else breathing it in. The difference with omicron is that it appears to be much more transmissible, meaning it's easier to catch it.

But a good mask will make a difference in how much virus people spew out or take in, says Landon. On an individual level, that means it might be a good time to break out your best quality mask — an N95 or KN95 — especially if you're traveling or going out in crowds in public. Also, if you've been letting your mask slide down under your nose, it's a good idea to up your game and make sure your mask fits well.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... es-omicron

― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:37 pm

Reagan4prez wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:24 pm
Ask any real medical doctor. Masks don’t work.

Fauci is a politician, not a credible physician.
Not a credible physician As opposed to who? Dr. Oz?

Deleted User 15716

Post by Deleted User 15716 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:58 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:37 pm
Reagan4prez wrote:

I may have to side with Reagan on this one. Reading the Wiki on him, Fauci went straight to government work as soon as he got his doctorate. He became a scientist. I'm not saying he's not a good scientist. I'm not saying he don't know what he's talking about. Oz has done surgery. Oz has took care of people. Fauci has not. I suppose it depends on what you consider the word physician means.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:59 pm

Joie Vivre wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:37 pm
Reagan4prez wrote:

I may have to side with Reagan on this one. Reading the Wiki on him, Fauci went straight to government work as soon as he got his doctorate. He became a scientist. I'm not saying he's not a good scientist. I'm not saying he don't know what he's talking about. Oz has done surgery. Oz has took care of people. Fauci has not. I suppose it depends on what you consider the word physician means.
Oz is generally considered to be a quack.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:52 pm

Reagan4prez wrote:

Anything less than N95, on a shaven face, with a nice foam or rubber seal won't prevent you from contracting it.

It might help on outgoing, though.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:01 pm

Any evidence or you just trust in your kkk God?

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:19 pm

Pulled spec sheets.

I'm being sort of being liberal on N95, it really should be N99+

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic