Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gretchen Whitmer was considered a rising star, but her COVID response has been terrible since the beginning

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Gretchen Whitmer was considered a rising star, but her COVID response has been terrible since the beginning

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:32 am

The Lockdowns and Nursing Home Scandal was a couple mistakes out of many.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Re: Gretchen Whitmer was considered a rising star, but her COVID response has been terrible since the beginning

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:48 am

You should thank your pal Betsy "Coo Coo" DeVos. But you knew this, but as a Conservative Victim, you just like to perpetuate fails narratives.
This Is How A Group Linked To Betsy DeVos Is Organizing Protests To End Social Distancing, Now With Trump's Support
Thousands of demonstrators showed up in Michigan to protest the governor's stay-at-home order, and they're helping other groups organize across the country.

While thousands of demonstrators swarmed the Michigan State Capitol to protest the governor's stay-at-home order Wednesday — honking horns, waving flags, and bringing traffic to a halt — dozens of Facebook groups were already springing up to organize similar rallies across the country.

"Indiana Citizens Against Excessive Quarantine," "Operation Gridlock Tennessee," and other groups with similar names drew people calling an end to stay-at-home orders, measures that health officials say are essential to stopping the spread of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

Protests against the guidelines are being planned across the country. The Michigan Conservative Coalition, the same organization that planned the Lansing protest against Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Wednesday, is helping organizers.

"You're going to see some massive protesting going on," Matt Seely, a spokesperson for the Michigan Conservative Coalition, told BuzzFeed News. "We've been asked to basically share our template with other groups to do the same thing, and we've done that."

Like the protest in Lansing, groups opposed to stay-at-home orders are pushing for businesses and public spaces to reopen and for public gatherings to be allowed.

But the protest in Lansing, and those being planned in other parts of the country, have also drawn right-wing organizations like militia groups that oppose stay-at-home orders, calling them a violation of civil liberties and warning supporters of the possibility of martial law being imposed.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/sa ... ook-groups

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Re: Gretchen Whitmer was considered a rising star, but her COVID response has been terrible since the beginning

Post by km1125 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:37 pm

A group "linked to Betsy Devos"?? WTF does that mean?

Deleted User 15716

Post by Deleted User 15716 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:57 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:37 pm
Here's from the article TC Talks linked:

" .... The Michigan Freedom Fund was founded by Greg McNeilly, a political adviser to the DeVos family, who has provided financial support to the organization ....

... Seely said the DeVos family has played no role in the protests and that the Michigan Freedom Fund was independent of the DeVos family, calling the attack a deflection from Whitmer ..... "

Don't seem like DeVos had anything to do with the protest, based upon the article that TC linked.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:38 pm

Her recent response to COVID has been dreadful. Her performance during 2020 was an A-. This year, C-. Our hospitals are full and we have no lockdown or mask mandate nor do we have ease in testing. That falls on her.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15716

Post by Deleted User 15716 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:27 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:38 pm
Her recent response to COVID has been dreadful. Her performance during 2020 was an A-. This year, C-. Our hospitals are full and we have no lockdown or mask mandate nor do we have ease in testing. That falls on her.
How much of this is not having a mask mandate? And how much is folks still not vaccinated?
I can't answer that question. But it is a question that needs to be answered.
Myself, I think frequently washing and sanitizing your hands and wiping down everything in sight is more effective than everyone wearing a mask. But that's just my opinion.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:44 pm

Joie Vivre wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:27 pm
How much of this is not having a mask mandate? And how much is folks still not vaccinated?
I can't answer that question. But it is a question that needs to be answered.
Myself, I think frequently washing and sanitizing your hands and wiping down everything in sight is more effective than everyone wearing a mask. But that's just my opinion.
All evidence is that the virus is airborne.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:38 pm

Her recent response to COVID has been dreadful. Her performance during 2020 was an F. This year, A.
Fixed.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:15 am

A reminder that lockdowns are counterproductive.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:34 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:15 am
I think the results in areas that have been utilizing lockdowns would disagree with your opinion. France has decent numbers and have utilized strategic lockdowns and breakout areas.

I'm a fan for anything that works I don't necessarily like any tool when it's not needed.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:37 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:34 pm
Matt wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:15 am
I think the results in areas that have been utilizing lockdowns would disagree with your opinion. France has decent numbers and have utilized strategic lockdowns and breakout areas.

I'm a fan for anything that works I don't necessarily like any tool when it's not needed.
I'd argue that they don't work. They just delay the inevitable.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:33 pm

Flattening the curve was the primary goal, and I'd say they were somewhat successful in that regard.

I think the three of us agree the best way to reduce COVID spread and severity of COVID symptoms is to get the damn vaccine.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:49 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:37 pm
She’s the money behind the operation.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:37 am

She should have taken advantage of the situation last year when there were no cars on the roads to FIX THE DAMN ROADS.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:54 am

km1125 wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:37 am
She should have taken advantage of the situation last year when there were no cars on the roads to FIX THE DAMN ROADS.
So the Republican led legislature? They control the purse. So let's vote them out and get in some people who can get the job done.

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic