Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan goes masking for the holidays

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Michigan goes masking for the holidays

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:13 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:45 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:11 am
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:41 pm
Does anyone remember when conservatives were advocates for a strong economy? Now they're for anti-vaccination because the bunch of fools think this is going to help us how?

Michigan is going under a mask advisory which basically translates to a complete wash for local businesses during Black Friday. I hope small business owners who have supported Trump realize they just shot themselves in a foot because I'm not spending a dime locally if it means I have to go into a store. I'm heading to Amazon and hitting the order button and all those small businesses can pound sand thanks to idiots who think that vaccination is a bad idea.
Elizabeth Hertel, director of the state health department addresses the state Feb. 4, 2021. Faced with spiking COVID-19 infections, Michigan health officials said Friday, Nov. 19, 2021, they will issue a public health advisory recommending that everyone over age 2 wear a mask at indoor gatherings regardless of vaccination status.
LANSING (AP) — Faced with spiking COVID-19 infections, Michigan health officials issued a public health advisory Friday recommending that everyone over age 2 wear a mask at indoor public settings regardless of their vaccination status.

The guidance also says public-facing businesses and other establishments should implement masking policies and encourage compliance. Unvaccinated or immunocompromised people are urged to avoid large crowds and gatherings.

The state stopped short of requiring face coverings, keeping with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s shift away from such mandates earlier this year as vaccines became available.
My family is going to do Thanksgiving at a restaurant that refuses to practice social distancing. I refuse to go.

Then don't go, stay home , stay scared, get Vaxxed, and boosted like I have, I refuse to be a scared sheep, and I'll gladly take your place at the dinner table to where ever that restaurant is, maybe your family will enjoy some common sense conversation from me instead of you blaming Trump for all your life's issues...
Hey reject, butt fuck, I was in the hospital twice for pneumonia last year. COVID could literally kill me. Fuck around and find out. Go to hell, shit head.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:32 pm

Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:13 pm
lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:45 am
TC Talks wrote:
Does anyone remember when conservatives were advocates for a strong economy? Now they're for anti-vaccination because the bunch of fools think this is going to help us how?

Michigan is going under a mask advisory which basically translates to a complete wash for local businesses during Black Friday. I hope small business owners who have supported Trump realize they just shot themselves in a foot because I'm not spending a dime locally if it means I have to go into a store. I'm heading to Amazon and hitting the order button and all those small businesses can pound sand thanks to idiots who think that vaccination is a bad idea.
Elizabeth Hertel, director of the state health department addresses the state Feb. 4, 2021. Faced with spiking COVID-19 infections, Michigan health officials said Friday, Nov. 19, 2021, they will issue a public health advisory recommending that everyone over age 2 wear a mask at indoor gatherings regardless of vaccination status.
LANSING (AP) — Faced with spiking COVID-19 infections, Michigan health officials issued a public health advisory Friday recommending that everyone over age 2 wear a mask at indoor public settings regardless of their vaccination status.

The guidance also says public-facing businesses and other establishments should implement masking policies and encourage compliance. Unvaccinated or immunocompromised people are urged to avoid large crowds and gatherings.

The state stopped short of requiring face coverings, keeping with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s shift away from such mandates earlier this year as vaccines became available.
My family is going to do Thanksgiving at a restaurant that refuses to practice social distancing. I refuse to go.

Then don't go, stay home , stay scared, get Vaxxed, and boosted like I have, I refuse to be a scared sheep, and I'll gladly take your place at the dinner table to where ever that restaurant is, maybe your family will enjoy some common sense conversation from me instead of you blaming Trump for all your life's issues...
Hey reject, butt fuck, I was in the hospital twice for pneumonia last year. COVID could literally kill me. Fuck around and find out. Go to hell, shit head.
"Waa, your widdel feewings hurt? I had Covid late March, lasted a week I was fine after, just because YOU suffered, we all should hide in our basements, right? If you were in the hospital 2x with pneumonia, that's on you, don't make the rest of us stay home stay scared, you take care of yourself, I'll worry about me...I await your next name calling reply...

Deleted User 15688

Post by Deleted User 15688 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:03 pm

TC Talks wrote:

Oh Well, no turkey for you.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:12 pm

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:29 pm
The Selfish folks are out telling people to do something against there will to feed into there Selfishness.

Amazing how majority of the state is vaccinated and yet here we are with So called hospitals filling up. We heard this drum beat before vaccines so that would mean the whole state population was filling the hospitals up.

Now who could be filling the hospitals up today? Can't be the unvaccinated folks as that is not the whole state in November 2021. :hat

Both State and Federal Government said at the end of 2020 and beginning of 2021 that if you get vaccinated, you no longer have to wear a mask and can return to Normal. At the end of 2021, the state and federal government are now saying vaccinated folks should be wearing a mask. Both are using fear to control the citizens. Wake UP!
We're the selfish ones? You pigs are the ones keeping the COVID disease chain moving down the proverbial football field of our lives. This could be done and over with a year ago but you greedy fucks worry about yourselves until the moment you cry when you get on the vent. You ask the nurse for the shot and she tells you it's too late! Your family cries as they see you on FaceTime for the last time.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15688

Post by Deleted User 15688 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:05 am

Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:12 pm
SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:29 pm
The Selfish folks are out telling people to do something against there will to feed into there Selfishness.

Amazing how majority of the state is vaccinated and yet here we are with So called hospitals filling up. We heard this drum beat before vaccines so that would mean the whole state population was filling the hospitals up.

Now who could be filling the hospitals up today? Can't be the unvaccinated folks as that is not the whole state in November 2021. :hat

Both State and Federal Government said at the end of 2020 and beginning of 2021 that if you get vaccinated, you no longer have to wear a mask and can return to Normal. At the end of 2021, the state and federal government are now saying vaccinated folks should be wearing a mask. Both are using fear to control the citizens. Wake UP!
We're the selfish ones? You pigs are the ones keeping the COVID disease chain moving down the proverbial football field of our lives. This could be done and over with a year ago but you greedy fucks worry about yourselves until the moment you cry when you get on the vent. You ask the nurse for the shot and she tells you it's too late! Your family cries as they see you on FaceTime for the last time.
Drama Queen.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:

Goodness gracious man. I'm sure your family is relieved with no drama this Thanksgiving. You got start living some life at some point. I'm worried I'll get into a car accident so I'm giving up my driving privileges and going take shelter in my residence forever. You sound absolutely ridiculous.

Deleted User 15688

Post by Deleted User 15688 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:56 pm

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:36 pm
TC Talks wrote:

Goodness gracious man. I'm sure your family is relieved with no drama this Thanksgiving. You got start living some life at some point. I'm worried I'll get into a car accident so I'm giving up my driving privileges and going take shelter in my residence forever. You sound absolutely ridiculous.
The restaurant workers and customers will also be relieved. This person sounds like "Bubble Boy" remember the Seinfeld episode about Bubble Boy. Oh Boy!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:25 pm

My family and I get along fine. Fuck you both for your mockery. I am doing what I need to do to stay alive due to having multiple health problems.

And no, I am not in a bubble. I do have a part time job that involves little interaction with others. Shut up before you continue to make fools of yourselves. I got my booster today and certainly plan on being with the family for Christmas. It takes 7 days to be effective.

Audacity sucks.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:18 am

Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:25 pm
My family and I get along fine. Fuck you both for your mockery. I am doing what I need to do to stay alive due to having multiple health problems.

And no, I am not in a bubble. I do have a part time job that involves little interaction with others. Shut up before you continue to make fools of yourselves. I got my booster today and certainly plan on being with the family for Christmas. It takes 7 days to be effective.
You be you, but no need making demands on all the other family members and restaurant if they're fine with it. Best wishes in your health issues and Happy Thanksgiving.

No need for vulgarities and name calling.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:09 pm

The pattern is concerning.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:14 pm

Plenty of unmasked folks again at Michigan Stadium. The media and governor was not concern as it brought big money to the University and the city of Ann Arbor.

This past week I seen multiple articles of Michigan hospitals being filled and feds sending help. The state is in the top for leading covid infections.

To me that would prompt to not have fans in the stands for the UofM game and ban tailgating if we are in a true pandemic and really following the so called science.

The picking and choosing of where to put the goal posts continue and I will continue to do the same for myself since day 1 and not wear a mask and not follow any advice from Michigan health department, governor and any doctor on wdiv, wxyz or detroit free press media.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:04 pm

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:14 pm
Plenty of unmasked folks again at Michigan Stadium. The media and governor was not concern as it brought big money to the University and the city of Ann Arbor.

This past week I seen multiple articles of Michigan hospitals being filled and feds sending help. The state is in the top for leading covid infections.

To me that would prompt to not have fans in the stands for the UofM game and ban tailgating if we are in a true pandemic and really following the so called science.

The picking and choosing of where to put the goal posts continue and I will continue to do the same for myself since day 1 and not wear a mask and not follow any advice from Michigan health department, governor and any doctor on wdiv, wxyz or detroit free press media.
Michigan Stadium is outdoors, shit for brains.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:21 am

If you take the size (area) of the stadium, including the field, and divide it by all the attendees, that gives just over FOUR square feet per person. So much for the "six foot of separation" for social distancing!!

Don't think it matters too much that it's outdoors, unless there's a strong breeze blowing and it's blowing away from everyone (physically impossible...someone is always downwind!).

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:36 am

km1125 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:21 am
If you take the size (area) of the stadium, including the field, and divide it by all the attendees, that gives just over FOUR square feet per person. So much for the "six foot of separation" for social distancing!!

Don't think it matters too much that it's outdoors, unless there's a strong breeze blowing and it's blowing away from everyone (physically impossible...someone is always downwind!).
Wind disperses the particles significantly. Not much wind in your house however hopefully.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:42 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:36 am
km1125 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:21 am

Wind disperses the particles significantly. Not much wind in your house however hopefully.
Think about that. Yes, wind disperses particles, but it also distributes particles. It's can't magically whisk them away if there's 40,000 people downwind of the sick person.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic