Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan's Top Politicians Behaving Badly

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Shuts Up

Michigan's Top Politicians Behaving Badly

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:06 am

A Michigan politician was acting like a drunken college sorority sister recently, and had to be wheeled out.

This is evidence of a monumental lack of judgement.

Strange how we haven't heard a word of it from Channel 4, the The Dive.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... lgate.html

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

audiophile

Re: Michigan's Top Politicians Behaving Badly

Post by audiophile » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:11 am

<TANGENT ALERT>

I haven't watched Broadcast TV in my home in a year.

It began as a experiment to see if I felt more relaxed without it and it has proved to be true.

The radio is on 24/7 NOW!

The bias and the ads are so bad its become unwatchable anyway.
</>

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:16 am

I hope she is wheeled out PERMANENTLY in November 2022.

She is a woke fool putting fresh water mussels over the residents of Sanford, MI.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:26 am

Questions and Observations.

1. Why has it taken 5 days for this to reach the news, and even then, brought out by the British Press?

2. How soon would this story have come out if it was a Republican? My guess is, Top Story, same day (Saturday).

3. Why was she sitting in the Cheap Seats, not a Press Box Seat? Most famous people cover up their bad behavior by being isolated from the "Masses" they loathe. And yes, both parties behave badly at parties. But some of them are protected by the press.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:00 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:26 am

2. How soon would this story have come out if it was a Republican? My guess is, Top Story, same day (Saturday).
That's a very simple answer Republicans are assholes incapable of having a good time. Nessel apologized but I thought it was pretty hilarious that she suggested that Bloody Marys are practically a salad. I particularly enjoyed that she singled out the U of M fan behind her.

You might be aware of that alcohol sales have increased 40% since the pandemic. You're not going to Garner a tremendous amount of outrage from the citizens given the fact that she didn't drive and she didn't cause problems. There are no laws preventing her from being intoxicated. Compared to things like insurrection you're really being kind of a petty little idiot.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:08 pm

Of all the things to dislike Dana Nessel for, this is not one. She did clearly drink too much but wasn't driving.

The strangest thing was there was a pic of Gretchen Whitmer, Ron Weiser, and Dana Nessel tailgating together. Guess the three witch comment was overblown...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:21 am

I saw the headline today on Yahoo I didn't care a lot have a little too much to drink as long as they aren't driving I'm ok with it. I hope the GOP get someone that can beat Dana I wouldn't mind if it was a rematch from 2018 I think Tom could pull it off this time around

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:34 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:00 am
TC Shuts Up wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:26 am

That's a very simple answer Republicans are assholes incapable of having a good time.
She had good time being hunched over and wheeled out? Your definition of a good time apparently *requires* alcohol.

Nessel apologized but I thought it was pretty hilarious that she suggested that Bloody Marys are practically a salad.
I forgot to laugh, you'll have excuse me on this for thinking she's killing the few remaining logical brain cells she had left.

You might be aware of that alcohol sales have increased 40% since the pandemic. You're not going to Garner a tremendous amount of outrage from the citizens given the fact that she didn't drive and she didn't cause problems.
Might she have driven to the event? She was too sick to drive back however.

There are no laws preventing her from being intoxicated.
Public intoxication is against the law.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:18 pm

Why don't you go pray about it. Spend sometime worrying about those in your faith.

Evangelist Christian Leaders are a bunch of racist demagogues. Spend more time going after that group of cretins.

Insurrection is more against the law and I haven't seen you go after Donald Trump for it.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:15 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:18 pm
Why don't you go pray about it. Spend sometime worrying about those in your faith.

Evangelist Christian Leaders are a bunch of racist demagogues. Spend more time going after that group of cretins.

Insurrection is more against the law and I haven't seen you go after Donald Trump for it.
"Insurrection"

:rollin :rollin :rollin

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:58 am

What about the insurrection in scores of cities in 2020 where BLM and ANTIFA RIOTED and caused BILLIONS of dollars of damage, caused loss of lives, and shot the police? Why did they stop after the election? Because Democrats and Communists (not sure there is much difference now, if there ever was) were directing and funding it to influence the election. Time Magazine even admitted that this was all about defeating Trump. They took over part of Seattle and said they were an autonomous zone. How was that NOT an insurrection?

I sure hope you idiots like paying 4 or 5 dollar a gallon gas, when the solution is so obvious, reopen the pipelines stupid! When China and Russia use oil and gasoline, and even coal, doesn't it pollute? Why don't they have to obey carbon reduction mandates? How does that help so called climate change?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:19 am

I agree that Nessel's behavior was unbecoming of someone in her position, and frankly, I'm both surprised and disappointed this was quietly kept under wraps until Nessel herself confessed.

I can only hope this was indeed a one-off incident and that she doesn't truly have a drinking problem.

So, I agree with TC Shuts Up and Audiophile here.
They took over part of Seattle and said they were an autonomous zone. How was that NOT an insurrection?
Indeed, that was unquestionably an insurrection against the local city government.
I sure hope you idiots like paying 4 or 5 dollar a gallon gas, when the solution is so obvious, reopen the pipelines stupid!
Which existing pipelines are closed? There was a significant one in North Dakota where closure was threatened due to a lawsuit filed by a Native American tribe (in 2019, I believe), but to the best of my knowledge, that pipeline has been allowed to remain operational during pendency of the court case.

Articles:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/09/politics ... index.html
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/21/politics ... index.html
https://www.reuters.com/business/energy ... 021-09-20/

The primary reason for high prices is declining inventories and a lack of oilfield capex in 2020. With prices now solidly in profitable territory for many consecutive months, oil & gas exploration and production companies will be able to plow free cash flow into development capex, which should cause an expansion of crude oil delivered to refineries next year.

Lenders will also become more generous with borrowing base redeterminations; we are in the middle of the autumn borrowing base redetermination season now. The price decks used during the spring 2021 redetermination season were much more conservative than the spot prices that actually materialized, and price futures for 2022 are looking quite bullish (most contracts are trading at or above $70 per bbl).

Bottom line - more capital will flow into oil & gas well development in 2022, which should serve to alleviate pressure on prices at the pump, hopefully by next summer. Instead of prices between $3.00 and $3.50 per gallon we should start to see prices between $2.50 and $3.00 per gallon (probably upper half of that range).

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:37 pm

I never voted for Ms. Nessel, however I was not appalled by her getting drunk. I actually give her credit for owning up to it and making fun of herself and admitting to the mistake. Yes some politicians are real people unlike her boss the Queen. No story here.

Give me a break Meshawn Maddock with the holier than thou attitude who is making the public stink about this. The same person that led "patriots" to the insurrection on January 6th in D.C.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic