Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Governor Whitmer Line-Vetos Funds to Facilitate Adoption

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Governor Whitmer Line-Vetos Funds to Facilitate Adoption

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:40 pm

There is nothing wrong with adoption, no need to veto it.

She must sit around all day coming with these evil schemes, like put Covid-19 positives in nursing homes to make things worse.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 9015

Re: Governor Whitmer Line-Vetos Funds to Facilitate Adoption

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:22 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:40 pm

She must sit around all day coming with these evil schemes, like put Covid-19 positives in nursing homes to make things worse.
That sounds truly horrib....
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer vetoed more than $16 million from the new state budget that some said promoted alternatives to abortion but she determined did not support reproductive rights.

During an event in Lansing, the governor said the proposals "would have used state funding to pursue an anti-abortion political agenda.”

The money is a very small portion of the nearly $70 billion budget she signed into law Wednesday, but GOP-led attempts to allocate the funding and the governor's veto represent a broader battle over abortion access.

"The vetoes in SB 82 and HB 4400 relate to funding that would be targeted to programs or organizations that purportedly focus on maternal health, but in reality do not fully support reproductive health and choice," Whitmer spokesman Bobby Leddy said.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi ... 914151001/

Really don't know what happened to audio. Back in the day he had integrity and didn't rely on trickery to try to make points. SAD!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:40 am

So you pro-choice people out there can't even live with government using money to attempt to deter the practice of abortion? Banning it is one thing, but deterrence?

hanson

Post by hanson » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:19 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:22 pm
audiophile wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:40 pm

That sounds truly horrib....
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer vetoed more than $16 million from the new state budget that some said promoted alternatives to abortion but she determined did not support reproductive rights.

During an event in Lansing, the governor said the proposals "would have used state funding to pursue an anti-abortion political agenda.”

The money is a very small portion of the nearly $70 billion budget she signed into law Wednesday, but GOP-led attempts to allocate the funding and the governor's veto represent a broader battle over abortion access.

"The vetoes in SB 82 and HB 4400 relate to funding that would be targeted to programs or organizations that purportedly focus on maternal health, but in reality do not fully support reproductive health and choice," Whitmer spokesman Bobby Leddy said.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi ... 914151001/

Really don't know what happened to audio. Back in the day he had integrity and didn't rely on trickery to try to make points. SAD!
I was just thinking the same thing this morning....too bad

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:05 pm

I stand by all of my statements in this thread. She vetoed adoption funding, period.

I could care less about some opinion piece in the Detroit Creep. You have been indoctrinated to the point when someone says it plainly, you call it bias.

BUT LOOK at their bias: "Whitmer vetoes more than $16M in anti-abortion funding in Michigan budget". Eh no, she vetoed pro-adoption funding!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:43 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:05 pm
I stand by all of my statements in this thread. She vetoed adoption funding, period.

I could care less about some opinion piece in the Detroit Creep. You have been indoctrinated to the point when someone says it plainly, you call it bias.

BUT LOOK at their bias: "Whitmer vetoes more than $16M in anti-abortion funding in Michigan budget". Eh no, she vetoed pro-adoption funding!
Those line-item vetoes will include a $10 million appropriation to the Department of Health and Human Services for encouraging adoptions as an alternative to abortion, as well as $3 million for a maternal navigator program for referrals and pregnancy services in geographically diverse areas, $1.5 million for grants to pregnancy resource centers and $50,000 tied to language prohibiting use of state dollars to fund elective abortions.

Another $1 million in funding for pregnant and parenting student services for Michigan community colleges and universities — $500,000 apiece from the school aid fund and general fund — that would prohibit programs from providing referrals for abortion services will also be stricken from the budget, as will $700,000 in federal funds for an alternative pregnancy and parenting services program promoting childbirth, alternatives to abortion and grief counseling.
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2 ... udget.html

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:34 pm

Audio's MO has been a pile of lies since Trump brainwashed him. Sad. There's a decent 'E' in their somewhere though, I know it.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic