Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Masks In Michigan

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Masks In Michigan

Post by TC Talks » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:12 pm

One of my clients is on round three of covid and this one might take him down.

The dumb shit never got vaccinated.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:24 pm

Both my daughters got it twice and under doctors advice they got the jabs...since then no issues...my son, who didn't get the jabs continues to fight for his life in a Covid ward and is losing that fight.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:25 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:12 pm

So much for #NaturalImmunity

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:32 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:25 pm
TC Talks wrote:

So if I can point to one single person who got deathly ill right after taking the vaccine, can I say "so much for the vaccine"?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:38 pm

Just returned from a four day stay in Saginaw. Mask wearers were at about 20 percent indoor.

Unless Trump carried the Black vote in the City of Saginaw, the people not wearing masks weren't Trump supporters.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:12 pm

bmw wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:32 pm
Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

So if I can point to one single person who got deathly ill right after taking the vaccine, can I say "so much for the vaccine"?
Dude, just sit down. It isn't that you can't win this argument because you're an idiot, you can't win it because facts continue to not support it. What makes you an idiot is that you keep pursuing it. If you don't want to get a shot and want to pout and be contrarian, then cool. But you keep posting these weak arguments.

Just let it go.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:54 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:38 pm
Just returned from a four day stay in Saginaw.
Quit bragging.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:55 am

Bryce wrote:
Just returned from a four day stay in Saginaw. Mask wearers were at about 20 percent indoor.

Unless Trump carried the Black vote in the City of Saginaw, the people not wearing masks weren't Trump supporters.
This observation is interesting to me. When I am around my area, I notice that a good number of the people I see wearing masks now are Black. Considering the frequencies of infection by ethnicity, I think that the shock of having a relative die motivates greater vigilance. I also feel like I see people wearing masks more frequently when they are in groups than alone.

One thing that I would like to understand better deals with viral load counts. If a person has had the vaccine, I am speculating that their average viral load count is significantly lower than someone who has not had the vaccine, but I wonder if the count is low enough where they do not pose a risk. Wearing a mask doesn't kill me and I have zero problem with wearing one to prevent the possibility of spreading the disease if I somehow got it again, but I do wonder if, based on viral load counts, if its completely unnecessary to wear a mask when you have received the vaccine, barring your load count somehow reaching an outlier status. Also, there is a possibility I had it about a year ago, but I did get the shots, so I would love to know the likelihood of successful infection.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:22 am

Matt wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:54 pm
Bryce wrote:
Just returned from a four day stay in Saginaw.
Quit bragging.
Certainty not a high value vacation spot, but it beat the hell out of being sent to Colombia.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:20 am

BMW - group #1 outnumbers group #2 by a more than 10:1 margin in terms of who is winding up at the hospital. If we are talking fatalities, it is more like a 25:1 margin.

In the vast majority of cases, the vaccine greatly subdues symptoms.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:12 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:55 am
Bryce wrote:

This observation is interesting to me. When I am around my area, I notice that a good number of the people I see wearing masks now are Black. Considering the frequencies of infection by ethnicity, I think that the shock of having a relative die motivates greater vigilance. I also feel like I see people wearing masks more frequently when they are in groups than alone.

One thing that I would like to understand better deals with viral load counts. If a person has had the vaccine, I am speculating that their average viral load count is significantly lower than someone who has not had the vaccine, but I wonder if the count is low enough where they do not pose a risk. Wearing a mask doesn't kill me and I have zero problem with wearing one to prevent the possibility of spreading the disease if I somehow got it again, but I do wonder if, based on viral load counts, if its completely unnecessary to wear a mask when you have received the vaccine, barring your load count somehow reaching an outlier status. Also, there is a possibility I had it about a year ago, but I did get the shots, so I would love to know the likelihood of successful infection.
A few articles I have read is that the vaccines don't create the nasal antibodies at all, but it does create the ones in the lungs.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:50 am

Matt wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

It's more like natural selection at this point.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:36 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:12 am
Neckbeard wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:55 am
Bryce wrote:

A few articles I have read is that the vaccines don't create the nasal antibodies at all, but it does create the ones in the lungs.
I would like to see those articles.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:07 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:20 am
BMW - group #1 outnumbers group #2 by a more than 10:1 margin in terms of who is winding up at the hospital. If we are talking fatalities, it is more like a 25:1 margin.

In the vast majority of cases, the vaccine greatly subdues symptoms.
I'm simply pointing out the absurdity of relying on anecdotal evidence to reach conclusions. This forum, and even moreso the US Pol Pot forum on here is FULL of that kind of behavior.

As to your numbers, I think it is fair to point out that those margins surely vary wildly between age groups. Roughly 36,000 of the 659,000 Covid deaths, per the CDC, are of people under the age of 50. That is nearly a 20:1 margin of people over the age of 50 dying compared to under the age of 50. Assuming side effects are evenly distributed among age groups, there goes most of that 25:1 margin you're talking about, at least for the younger 2/3 of the US population.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:46 am

Assuming side effects are evenly distributed among age groups, there goes most of that 25:1 margin you're talking about, at least for the younger 2/3 of the US population.
Not necessarily.

It is possible both the numerator and denominator decreased proportionately among that under 50 group.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic